Author Topic: Wanna be e body owner  (Read 6194 times)

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: Wanna be e body owner
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006 - 12:06:14 PM »
Ebay item #  280020344041    8/21/06 Might keep an eye on this one just came up this morning

Plumbcrazy

Thanks man!

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006 - 12:44:36 PM »
 :wave: Welcome aboard steev.i live in west st paul,20 min from you,to bad you were'nt here last week,knew about a 73 challenger in coates mn,about 15 min to the so. of me.was going to check it out but thought about it more and have enough on my hands now(restoring a 71 challenger) so i passed it up.didn't really matter though cause it sold in a day and a half,don,t know how much the guy got for it either.anyway take care and good luck on your chally.  :thumbsup: p/s if i here or see anything i will post here.  :wave:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006 - 04:06:27 PM »
Sweet, thanks man!  Do you go to the car show every fri night in N. St. Paul?  What car do you have?  My dads cousins have 69' and 70' roadrunners.  The 69' is original everything, even green paint, with like, 60,000 on it.  Beautiful car.  The 70' is burnt orange, a very nice car also.  They went a couple of times this summer.  Maybe you saw them.  Thanks again for the welcome!

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006 - 04:39:00 PM »
 :wave: steev,is that the one downtown st paul by wabasha ave?i know they block streets of every friday night downtown and cruise,eventially ending at porkies drive in on university ave,been there a couple times wathing them but never had a car to cruise with so it gets to you when your cars not done yet,the car i'm working on now is a 71 challenger 340 a/t,had it for about 7-8 yrs now,put on hold for awhile cause new son.hitting it hard now again.did you go to car craft summer cruise a month or so ago?man there was some awesome mopars there in mopar alley.forgot my cameraso i could'nt post pics.  :swear: good to have you aboard and keep us posted--dave--  :wave:
71 Challenger 340 a/t

cudahob

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006 - 05:18:57 PM »
  :bigsmile:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006 - 09:42:46 PM »
Thanks cudahob!  MP, I dont know, but I know its just past the snowman on 36 going west, on the south side in a couple blocks.  Thats all I know.  I havent gone yet, I better go before summers over!  Oh yeah, and I came across a 73' Cuda the other day in the woods.  I went to the door on the run-down trailer house and asked the owner if he'd sell it.  He looked angry like I was the ten-thousandth person to ask him.  All original 340/727.  Rotting.  I asked him if he was gonna, fix it up, he said probably not.  He is the original owner, bought it new.  I was so pissed I just left.  What a moron.   :villagers:

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006 - 06:43:26 AM »
 :thumbsup: Steev,that must be around white bear lake area,possibly out by polar cherolet,i know they have a huge polar bear sitting on top of their dealership,can't think of any with a snowman on it as of now though,and no i never been up to that one.sounds like you caught that guy with the cuda one one of his of days.  :lol2: i know of a charger 5 houses down from me sitting in a beat up garage asked him twice now to sell it and always get the same senirio too.last time he told me i'm third in line so you never know.the car is a 68 charger,original paint etc.looks like its in excellent shape,he had the door open the other dayand all you could see was the tail lights,top of car piled with junk,what a shame.  :crying: well i'm still gonna work on him yet.will keep posted. later, dave  :thumbsup:
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline falcon50flier

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006 - 09:52:39 AM »
welcome to the best E body board
70 Challenger convertible
518 cid Hemi, TF727, 3.73 Dana 60

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006 - 09:07:15 AM »
 :wave: Steev,find that e-body yet? still working on the guy with the cuda,i still have'nt heard of anything yet myself.wiil post if i do. :thumbsup: later dave
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006 - 12:17:50 PM »
:wave: Steev,find that e-body yet? still working on the guy with the cuda,i still have'nt heard of anything yet myself.wiil post if i do. :thumbsup: later dave

No, but its amazing how when you start looking and talking, stuff falls into place.  Im not in too big of a hurry, but if something comes along too good to pass up... you all know how that goes.  Im still trying to finish my 47' John Deere GM and the 67' D200.  That takes $$$.  Dave, tonight I will be going to that car "show" I guess you could call it, in N. St. Paul.  You know where 36 is right?  Goes right through N. St. Paul.  Going west from WI, I pass a HUGE snowman on the south side of 36.  Just a couple blocks past that on the south side there is a Super America.  Just a few blocks south of the SA is where they block of the street and LOTS of cars park.  My dad said that there were over 20 roadrunners there last time.  Who knows now that its the end of summer there might be less, and it rained some, still trying to dry out.  Tell you what, I'll wear my 01 general lee shirt and if you spot me, I'll try not to look freaked out if someone starts talking to me about e bodies.  :2thumbs:  My email- volkertl@frontiernet.net

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2006 - 01:41:42 PM »
 :2thumbs: Steev what time does it run? ya i know excactly where that is,it's only about 10 min from my house.maybe me and my son will take a buzz out there,depending on the time.hope its 7:00 ish cause hate to drive out there in rush hour traffic.  :lol2: post here if you know the time.thanks, dave
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2006 - 03:44:16 PM »
Dave- Im guessing around 5:30 till dark.  Im going to be leaving about 5, getting there at almost 6 probably.  I will probably be there a while, my cousin is coming with and he is semi-professional photographer, so he will be snapping pics of some sweet cars.  Hope to see you there!

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2006 - 04:53:31 PM »
Welcome aboard steev....I just sold a 70 Challenger to someone from Green Bay within the past two weeks....the car was in Upper Michigan.
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2006 - 07:11:54 AM »
Welcome aboard steev....I just sold a 70 Challenger to someone from Green Bay within the past two weeks....the car was in Upper Michigan.

Thanks LT, Im not too far from there, probably 4 hours or so.  Never been there though.  Thanks for the welcome.  :thumbsup:

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2006 - 08:22:41 AM »
 :wow: Lemon twist, what part of upper michigan,just curious cause thats where i'm originally from.--dave--
71 Challenger 340 a/t