Pictures of my new (to me) car.

Author Topic: Pictures of my new (to me) car.  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Pictures of my new (to me) car.
« on: August 19, 2006 - 01:58:46 PM »
It's been a big week for me and my wife.  Got the Challenger RT / SE all rewired and bought another viper.  This is one of the very first vipers ever built (29th).  It's a 1992 RT/10 with a ton of hand made and one off parts from the factory.  It's all stock except for the red portion of the seats and the radio (have the stock one just not in it right now).  There were only 285 '92 vipers made in all.  Since I have a 2002 Final Edition GTS viper (one of the very last GTS's made) I thought it would kinda neat to have one of the very 1st Vipers ever made.  This is were it gets WAY WEIRD!!!!!!!

I bought the car a couple weeks ago sight unseen and had the Local Viper tech go and get it for me.  I was aware of the mileage and the owner emailed me a couple pics.  That is all I knew about the car.

The viper tech stored it in his shop until I could come and get it.  I flew down on Friday morning and after the usually chit chat I got in it and drove it 12 hours home.  Great driving viper!!!!!  Out of the dozens of vipers I've driven this was one of the best.  Very tight and more torque than I've ever felt in a viper.  Dodge did use a different intake on the 92's and I've heard that they were torque MONSTERS.... that was an understatement.  I drove back at 1,200 to 1,400 RPM and doing 70 to 80 MPH.  Now get this.........  28.7 MILES PER GALLON!  That 's not so much the weird part, just thought it was cool to get that kinda of mileage.

After arriving home I proceeded to take a close look at everything.  All vipers have a MDH (Month / Day / Hour) that they were built.  That information is printed on the door mylar.  They build about 5 to 7 vipers a day.  GET READY...... THIS IS THE WEIRD PART....

This is one of the very 1st vipers built in 1992 and was assembled on June 5th, 1992 and My FE GTS viper was one of the very last GTS's and it was assembled on June 5th, 2002!  If that isn't the weirdest thing I've ever seen..... THEY WERE BOTH BUILT AT 2:00PM  Right down to the very hour they were built EXACTLY 10 years apart!!!!!!  I guess they are a set now.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
Re: Pictures of my new (to me) car.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006 - 02:10:54 PM »
Wow, thats awesome, what are the chances of that. Now if you can just find yourself a 308 build date E body you'll be set..lol. Btw, my sis's bday is 308 as well.  :thumbsup:

Are all those vipers in the pictures yours? If I ever sold my cuda an older viper is one car I always wanted. I'll probably look you up for advice...or if you find a good deal on one maybe we can do a deal for a cuda..lol.

Dave

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006 - 02:53:21 PM »
Is the FBI looking for you right now........ :poopoke:You are living my dream life

RedLine

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006 - 03:22:15 PM »
That is awesome CODY!  You are blessed.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006 - 03:55:28 PM »
That is creepy Cody, I think you are jinxed. Better give me one of them to break the spell.  :bigsmile:

It is odd how some things repeat like that. Years ago, the 666th AAR Cuda that registered with me had a VIN ending in 666.  :eek7:

How do you decide which car to drive?  :dunno:

Barry

Offline bigblock4speedman

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006 - 03:58:27 PM »
Man, it must be nice, you are blessed, maybe the most blessed man in the world!  You have all these nice cars, but first of all, a pretty and good wife that shares your interest, looks like you have plenty of cash, or could get it if needed, man it appears that you are living a dream!!!  So treat each other right, you and the wife, yall probably do, enjoy  and be thankful.  

Offline ESGEE

• 1970 Challenger RT/SE
    • SG´s site
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006 - 06:06:59 PM »
 :wow:i want i Viper to :bigsmile:
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B196875)
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B115166)
70 Challenger SE(RT/SE clone)
69 Charger RT/SE 4speed Trackpac
70 Charger 500

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006 - 06:43:20 PM »
Very nice ride Cody,As most know I live about ten minutes from Limerock park raceway and last weekend I was out with the 69 cuda and there must have been a Viper show there cause as I was rolling back into town 10 Vipers were going the other way and flashed there lights and gave me the thumbs up.----the clown

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006 - 08:01:18 PM »
:clapping: :clapping:  Wow!!  You are living the dream, my friend!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006 - 08:46:28 PM »
Wow, that's pretty crazy Cody!!!! :faint:  You definitely need to hang onto those two as I'm sure in another 30 years it'll be one heck of a rare coincidence!!! :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006 - 09:40:06 PM »
Wow, thats awesome, what are the chances of that. Now if you can just find yourself a 308 build date E body you'll be set..lol.

Wouldn't he want 605?

Nice find Cody, enjoy it!!
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006 - 10:40:13 PM »
Wouldn't he want 605?

Nice find Cody, enjoy it!!

I guess I should have explained...lol. Cody was looking for an e body built on his birthday...march 8th.

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006 - 10:56:38 PM »
Thank you for all the nice words everyone.  I'm far from rich, but I do consider myself very fortunate.  :thumbsup:

Here's a couple more pics of the cars......
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006 - 11:34:48 PM »
get matching plates for them...Twight......Zone

Nice cars CODY. If your ever my way in one, I have an awesome canyon ride for either one to go through.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006 - 11:49:50 PM »
Nice pair
 BTW the black Cuda that just sold was an early Oct car 

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t