Author Topic: What should i do???  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: What should i do???
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006 - 12:37:16 AM »
could be in the ign system also , breaking down under load

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Gurragas of Sweden

• Restorers
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006 - 01:47:23 AM »
The carbs are a new edelbrock 600, maybe runs about 15 houers, the ignition is a new msd 6al, i see that the preasure falling beacause i have a clear fuelfilter, after about 8 min the fuelfilter goes empty and the fuel just splash in to it in short splash.
I have try to take the fuelline direkly from 1 gallon bottle whit the same result.
About the timming i dont now what cameshaft i have, the owner before me dident now eiter, he had buy it from a lawerfirm how sold it for a guy how had some tragik in the family and dont wanna talk about the car, i heard that the car belongs to the wife and she died, but iam not sure.
So i cant get the data for timming it exacly.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006 - 02:38:53 PM »
could be in the ign system also , breaking down under load

Gee, this is sounding sickening familiar.... :scared:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006 - 03:15:15 PM »
Well after reading this thread again and what you have said . . . sounds like a lack of gas too me.  At first I thought a sealed system and the tank needed a vent . . and I didn't see where you indicated what size fuel line you are running . . .  :clueless: 

If you see no fuel in the filter . . . then the problem must be somewhere before that.  If you ran it from a can of gas, the venting would be ruled out as a possible cause as would the sending unit. 

OK I have to go with the fuel pump . . . I would try replacing that as we have ruled out almost everything else  . . . and if there is no gas, this is where I would start.   :grinyes:

Try not to let it get you too mad, look at it as an adult puzzle that needs a solution.   :cheers:  We'll figure it out! 

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006 - 03:39:00 PM »
UGH!!!  :pullinghair:

I wish Sweden was right down the road from me. I would love to check this out for you Gurragas. You said you have tried both a new mechanical, and electric fuel pump. When you tried the electric fuel pump, where was it mounted? These are basically "pushers", meaning they should be mounted back by the gas tank to push the fuel forward.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Gurragas of Sweden

• Restorers
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006 - 12:31:42 AM »
UGH!!!  :pullinghair:

I wish Sweden was right down the road from me. I would love to check this out for you Gurragas. You said you have tried both a new mechanical, and electric fuel pump. When you tried the electric fuel pump, where was it mounted? These are basically "pushers", meaning they should be mounted back by the gas tank to push the fuel forward.

Mike

It was a sucking pump so i place in the engine room, whoever i took a night in the garage yesterday, and i found out that the engine taking in air between the intake and cylinderhead.
I realy hope that is the problem, i get same advice yesterday to update the carb whit bigger main jets, so i go for that when the engine is put togheter.