Author Topic: Seat Resto  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
Seat Resto
« on: August 23, 2006 - 05:41:37 PM »
Got my foam, Got my seat covers and now ready to get my seat frames dipped and e-coated so that rust will absolutely never be a problem but the 2 seat cover shops I talked to say the want the seats with the covers still on. They say this way they can see how things go togeather.
 Should they be able to do the seats without looking at them first or by using good pictures?
Should I look for another shop that is willing to do the seats from the frame up?
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: Seat Resto
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006 - 05:47:10 PM »
I know how they feel, coming in behind someone is never as good as getting to see it all the way throught.  Why not let them tear down, then take the frames out for refinishing?
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006 - 05:51:47 PM »
I know how they feel, coming in behind someone is never as good as getting to see it all the way throught.  Why not let them tear down, then take the frames out for refinishing?

Thats a good idea I'll offer that up to them and see what they say.

SOLD

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006 - 05:58:05 PM »
  :iagree:  :iagree:  :iagree:

I agree with bullitt99.  :grinyes:

If you hand a shop some seat with everything stripped, they won't have a clue to what the new stuff should look like.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline trouble

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006 - 06:51:24 PM »
Tropicalcats,where did you get your seat covers and foam from? Did you receive the seats and foam at the same time?I received my seat covers last week, but still have not received my foam.
thanks Al.

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006 - 06:58:27 PM »
Tropicalcats,where did you get your seat covers and foam from? Did you receive the seats and foam at the same time?I received my seat covers last week, but still have not received my foam.
thanks Al.

Al
I bought my foam from somebody on the board who no longer needed it. Still new in the wrapper and my covers from http://www.dantesparts.com/
  I would imagine they are dropped shipped from 2 different loactions. Have you given the supplier a call?
SOLD

Offline trouble

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006 - 07:11:56 PM »
I was told that I should receive the foam next week,so I will be patient.I think that's a good idea to let the shop see what the seats look like, good luck Al.

Offline trouble

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006 - 08:16:36 PM »
Tropicalcats,I received my foam today.I bought my foam and seats from dantesparts.I could of gone to Lengendary, but I had already ordered from Dantesparts.I'm trying to locate an upolstery place in my area,not to many around Bergen County New Jersey.Good luck with your seats,Al

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006 - 08:25:32 PM »
Tropicalcats,I received my foam today.I bought my foam and seats from dantesparts.I could of gone to Lengendary, but I had already ordered from Dantesparts.I'm trying to locate an upolstery place in my area,not to many around Bergen County New Jersey.Good luck with your seats,Al
Al
Dante's sell the Legendary covers just at a better price. I was very satisfied.
You might want to do up a new post asking if anybody knows of a shop in your area . I know we have some members from New Jersey that might be able to direct you.
Richard
SOLD

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006 - 09:12:53 PM »
If my properties here ever sell, I will be opening up a trim shop in PA...........  :bigsmile: