Author Topic: Ralley dash heater vs. AC control panel availability  (Read 697 times)

Offline duodec

Ralley dash heater vs. AC control panel availability
« on: August 28, 2006 - 11:05:00 PM »
I see Tony's is reproducing the Ralley dash heater conrol panel.  Is that an indication it is (or was) harder to get than the A/C version?

I'm changing my '71 from the standard to the ralley dash.  I've already got all the parts, though the gauges need refinishing and the woodgrain really could use recovering.  But my kit came with the heater control panel, and I'll be needing the AC panel when the time comes (which will be a while).

Thanks for any info.

Rich

Offline 426 pentastar

Re: Ralley dash heater vs. AC control panel availability
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006 - 07:41:04 AM »
The A/C panel is the hard one to come by.Tony is doing the non A/C becouse its easier to reproduce.Also i recondition clusters.

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006 - 05:28:34 PM »
If you have a AC,non rallye control panel with the large cut-out, a guy here restores them and adds plastic to the missing hole, then makes them look new. He advertises in MCG and does very good work. That'll double your chance of finding a usable panel.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline duodec

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006 - 08:05:08 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I do still have my non-ralley A/C panel, so thats a good potential solution too.