Goodmark Cuda Full Quarters???

Author Topic: Goodmark Cuda Full Quarters???  (Read 5675 times)

Offline 2000gt

Goodmark Cuda Full Quarters???
« on: August 29, 2006 - 12:27:11 AM »
Are they available yet?  Anyone heard an eta?

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
Re: Goodmark Cuda Full Quarters???
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006 - 08:49:10 AM »
The challenger fenders were top be out 2 years ago. They will be completed first, tthen the cuda parts. Don't hold your breath on these puppies to be out soon

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006 - 09:35:11 AM »
Don't hold your breath on these puppies to be out soon

Same goes for ANYTHING they promise as "coming soon".

To date the only (improved quality) parts they have that are actually available for sale now (Cuda or Challenger) are the Challenger quarters introduced last year, and the Challenger Rallye hoods (which have been out for many years now).

The latest story on the Challenger fenders I heard was that "They are awaiting Chryslers final approval before they can sell them". To that (if true) I call BS. Chrysler would not hold up such an important part like those fenders for months on end, I know those who make those decisions and they are highly enthused guys, they would sign off on them immediately........ if the parts were right, which in my opinion just might be the real issue.

IMO If you are trying to get a car done and are waiting for them to deliver on sheetmetal all I can say is get comfortable because you'll likely be waiting for several years, not weeks or months. Also keep in mind that although the Challenger quarters look pretty decent (no, not perfect, but better than the previous efforts) final part quality is not a sure bet after the wait is finally over.

:2cents:

Offline larry4406

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006 - 06:47:18 PM »
in mid july greg at goodmark told me via e-mail that they were test fitting the 70/71 style as well as the 72/74 style and to stay tuned.  I hope soon.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006 - 10:49:15 PM »
Here's my email trail trying to get some sorta time line. I'm still working on other areas of the car but...

Still tweaking the tooling for correct fit…it will be another few months to get them straightened out.  We want to get it right before we start production!

Goodmark

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:52 PM
To: greg@goodmarkindustries.com
Subject: 2422-601-70L / R CUDA!! Any news?

Greg,

So how did the protos come out? Any update on current shipping dates? 
My 'Cuda  came back from being stripped and is ready for body repair.
I'm hoping for some good news or at least an update.

Thanks -Bob 

----- Original Message -----
To: 'Bob Brink'
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 12:24 PM

Subject: RE: 2422-601-70L / R CUDA!!

ETA 3-6 MONTHS PRICE 599.99
            TEST SAMPLES SHOULD BE HERE AROUND JULY 1ST IF THAT GOES GOOD THEY SHOULD  HIT THE SHELF 3 MONTH.
            IF NOT SO GOOD 6 MONTHS.

THANKS GOODMARK

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 9:31 PM
To: info@goodmarkindustries.com
Subject: 2422-601-70L / R CUDA!!

So how long?
I would love to use the full Cuda panel 2422-601-70L / R. I'm guessing the price will comparable to the Challenger?
If you could let me know any Ideas on the time line and $ that would be great.
Thanks -Bob
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006 - 05:44:52 AM »
You'd think they were the govmt trying build a new freeway the way they've been dragging this out. Not a for-profit business. I hate it when places get too far ahead of themselves. Seems like almost everyone does the same thing now.  :banghead:

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006 - 06:54:04 PM »
they arent going to happen,  Goodmark was very disappointed with the sales of the Challenger qtrs. ,,,, and hence forth the release of the fenders (for Chally) , which WERE (Are) the next thing on the schedule to be released . I will be surprised to see those even happen .  I wish they would , the Chally FULL qtrs are very nice and a FAR cut above the 'old style' qtr skins.
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

Offline larry4406

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006 - 03:55:06 AM »
the tv show "muscle cars" on spike tv several months back had a pair of prototype front fenders from goodmark for their project challenger.  the fenders looked good but required transplant of the headlight buckets which is not supposed to be required for the final version.  So, it looks like goodmark made at least two fenders.

Offline Steve

• I Love Welding!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006 - 07:03:27 AM »
The fenders are apparently out. Mopar Muscle has an article on installing Chally fenders. These fenders went on an average guy's car...not a magazine car. The goodmark website shows they list for $599.95 each and "currently test fitting".

All 'cuda stuff is showed as "currently being tooled".

Offline xblade

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006 - 04:15:32 PM »
How did they do it back in the day? Take a Road Runner for example. Body completely changed from '69 to '70 and then again to '71. They couldnt of had more than a few months to go from design to production. They only had drawings and clay models to work with. Goodmark has the real deal to copy including nos pieces.

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006 - 04:25:22 PM »
How did they do it back in the day? Take a Road Runner for example. Body completely changed from '69 to '70 and then again to '71. They couldnt of had more than a few months to go from design to production. They only had drawings and clay models to work with. Goodmark has the real deal to copy including nos pieces.

#1. the biggest difference is money, Chrysler was building tooling for hundreds of thousands of cars, not a couple hundred as GoodMark is doing
#2. Reverse engineering a part starting with an existing part and making it fit an existing car is MUCH more difficult then designing an all new part or car from scratch.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006 - 04:35:37 PM »
#1. the biggest difference is money, Chrysler was building tooling for hundreds of thousands of cars, not a couple hundred as GoodMark is doing
#2. Reverse engineering a part starting with an existing part and making it fit an existing car is MUCH more difficult then designing an all new part or car from scratch.

I won't deny any of what you said... but I have to ask, do you think there are only a couple of hundred E-Body owners wanting to replace their quarter panels? I just think they would make $$$ to open up this market.   :dunno:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline xblade

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006 - 04:41:04 PM »
How much money do they make tooling a part for 2 1/2 years?

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006 - 04:59:50 PM »
I'm not defending Goodmark in terms of time to market, I'm only stating a fact. It's very expensive and difficult to tool up for a part by reverse engineering from an existing part. It's also a risky investment when there is such a limited market, largly because nobody really knows how many cars are left unrestored which need them, and even then it's not a sure bet sale because other lower quality quarters already exist and will cover part of the remaining market regardless of thier lower quality.

What I DO have a problem with is all the advance advertising of "comming soon" products that either take YEARS to actually come out, or never come out at all....This is a problem for two major reasons. First, there is no gaurantee they will ever come through on all the promised parts. Second, when a company as big as thiers promises that they will be doing a part it keeps other smaller companies from taking the risk of reproducing those parts. This hurts us all because we might never get the parts we need made at all. If a part is not actually ready for market (as in APPROVED prototypes ready for production) they should'nt be promising anyone anything, it's just bad business IMO.

Offline xblade

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006 - 05:23:48 PM »
That coming soon stuff sucks.  I've never been one for delayed gratification.  At least we can get good shaker parts!