Goodmark Cuda Full Quarters???

Author Topic: Goodmark Cuda Full Quarters???  (Read 5678 times)

Offline hartigan1

Re: Goodmark Cuda Full Quarters???
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006 - 07:07:43 PM »
Has anyone bought the new fenders that were just put on the market?
If so did you get them direct from goodmark or is there another supplier?
I saw the article in mopar muscle.

Offline 73EStroker

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006 - 12:38:55 PM »
I agree with Wang (on Page 1). If the sales are slow they won't bother to build them. I used a new RR qtr on my Chally and the fit was beyond wonderful (according to my body guy). You all have to support these ventures taken on by Goodmark and others, otherwise they will say to hell with it. Anyway - it is far cheaper in the long run to replace the panel or fender than to do extensive repairs on the old one. Plus you get the new quality. I know money is short for a lot of the members but you have to try and support the businesses, otherwise they will focus their market elsewhere, and we will all lose.
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006 - 11:20:20 AM »
I agree with Wang (on Page 1). If the sales are slow they won't bother to build them. I used a new RR qtr on my Chally and the fit was beyond wonderful (according to my body guy). You all have to support these ventures taken on by Goodmark and others, otherwise they will say to hell with it. Anyway - it is far cheaper in the long run to replace the panel or fender than to do extensive repairs on the old one. Plus you get the new quality. I know money is short for a lot of the members but you have to try and support the businesses, otherwise they will focus their market elsewhere, and we will all lose.

Why ANYBODY would buy a quarter 'skin' vs. full quarter from Goodmark is beyond me.
There is clearly NO COMPARISSON betweeen the two.  The quarter from goodmark is
nice , clean and straight, compared to the skin from tung wang or wherever, which is nothing but ripples
and imperfection after imperfection. ,,,which means spending more money to straighten it out after the
install...(typically 30-40 hrs labor including the install of the quarter skin)
At $40 an hour ,, 1200-1600 dollars is alot of money... FOR ONE QUARTER PANEL, PLUS THE PRICE OF THE SKIN.

GOODMARK QUARTER... 599.  SHIPPING 100.
INSTALL,  16 HRS LABOR (BOOK TIME)  640.

1400. PUTS A NEW ,, FULL QUARTER ON YOUR CAR THAT IS STRAIGHT, AND NOT LOADED WITH BONDO .

NO BRAINER. ...............................
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006 - 09:35:39 PM »
Well I hope everybody is wrong about the lack of sales as a reason, but this wasn't encouraging.  :crying:

my latest E-mail about the Cuda Quarters

Not to keep bugging, but at least you know you have customers!  Whats the latest? Check out my build, if you have the time. http://360.yahoo.com/brinkenterprise
Thanks for the reply -Bob

Not yet…keep watch on our website for updates.

Goodmark

Not what we were hoping for.  :stomp:

Jims website says march!  :thumbsup:
Here's hoping.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 11:56 PM
To: greg@goodmarkindustries.com
Subject: Re: 2422-601-70L / R CUDA!! Any news?

Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006 - 10:02:39 PM »
I heard that the Chally fenders are $600 plus $150 crating fee plus $125 shipping = $875 or $1750 a pair, and you still have to worry about getting them to fit correctly. That's a lot when a set of nearly perfect fenders can be had for under $1000, and they'll just bolt right on.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006 - 10:18:09 PM »
Mopar Muscle did a comparison test on the new Challenger fenders and said they fit really well and almost impossible to tell apart from a NOS part.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2006 - 05:58:00 AM »
I would think if you buy them from a distributer you could save the crating and shipping costs.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2006 - 09:40:08 AM »

GOODMARK QUARTER... 599.  SHIPPING 100.
INSTALL,  16 HRS LABOR (BOOK TIME)  640.

1400. PUTS A NEW ,, FULL QUARTER ON YOUR CAR THAT IS STRAIGHT, AND NOT LOADED WITH BONDO .

from experience, the vast majority of entusiasts cannot see the logic, or foresee the final real costs associated with these cars. I deal with it all the time. "why spend if I dont have to"..the answer is you will spend. Now or later. but that argument is very hard to  convince a budget minded customer of.

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2006 - 09:51:43 AM »
Mopar Muscle did a comparison test on the new Challenger fenders and said they fit really well and almost impossible to tell apart from a NOS part.

Yes, they gave them rave reviews, but they went a little too far with the "almost impossible to tell apart from a NOS" comment.

There are several stamping features that are different from original parts, mostly on the ends behind the bumpers and the wheel lip area. The fenders differ as well, mostly on the flange and upper apron areas that you can only see when the hood is open. Once you are educated on what to look for it's quite easy to see the differences on either the fenders or the quarters.

That being said I think nearly everyone (short of someone restoring an OE Show car) will be happy with them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006 - 02:38:54 PM by Harms inc. »

Offline 73EStroker

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2006 - 01:56:06 PM »
Moper, you are right - pay now or pay later. Paying now is cheaper or have your Mopar end up like a Corvette body ------ fiberglass  ;D
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2006 - 05:36:53 PM »
I am seriously considering redoing my cuda if and when the full quarters come out-quarters,one piece floor,trunk rails and anything else I can upgrade from the inferior quality parts that were available when I originally restored it.I can do all my own body/paint work so it would be worth redoing the car with top quality parts.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2007 - 10:23:55 PM »
Still nothing from Goodmark on the panels....Ima watchin....and patiently!  :bigsmile:
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007 - 07:51:33 PM »
 :wow: I have a set of 1970 'Cuda Goodmark full quarters in my hot little hands!  :woohoo: it has been a year for me waiting and trying to get a set.
As of this post they still aren't listed on goodmarks site but they showed up at the shop Friday!!

I tried to buy them from goodmark directly for months and months. After several emails they told me to just watch the site like every one else and we will list them when there done. Ok fine. I tried to put money on them with Jim's to make sure I got the first pair they got. They wouldn't take my money.  Good old Summit A distributor for them said let me call them and see what we can do. Long story short he told me to call back on the 26th of this month. He would work on it. They arrived at the shop on the 16th! Made my month. I know that everyone will be adding them to stock soon but summit went the extra mile and now has my money.

Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline Autophile

• Kowalski... and the keys to a sawed-off weekend!
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007 - 01:42:02 AM »
Holy cow, I just checked Summit and they show them in their parts listings! They say that they would be shipped by ~6/29/2007!! I am ordering them right now!! Thank you conv340!  :jumping:  :cooldancing:  :woohoo:
1971 Cuda, black/black, 419 cu. in. 3G Hemi with twin turbos (build in progress), AlterKtion, Wilwood 12.19" disks, billet Rallye wheels

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007 - 06:00:00 AM »
The initial order from goodmark that came in first of june had a small amount of 70-71 quarters. I do have 70-71 LEFT in stock but the rights I should have next week. I do have the 72-74 right and lefts in stock. Let me know, we ship daily and we are a distributor for goodmark. We have all of the E-Body sheet metal either in stock or coming.

MoparDave
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out