Author Topic: a litlle more progress  (Read 11084 times)

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
Re: a litlle more progress
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006 - 09:46:31 AM »
 :wave: Rtgambit,posting some pics soon,got the winshield frame pretty much done this past weekend welded in a couple of small holes and ground down on the right side,welded in a small piece of sheet metal on the left upper frame.the rest of it was in great shape so i'm about done with it other than fine tunning the body filler and priming it.pics to follow soon as i get a minuet.coming along slowly but surely.  :2thumbs:  :working: ---dave---
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006 - 11:12:13 AM »
More...
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006 - 09:54:32 AM »
Few more, without Jims ugly mug.
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006 - 10:08:27 AM »
 :working: first layer of filler on the sail panel and the upper w/s frame filled and primed.done with that.  :thumbsup: a litlle at a time,showing some progress.man these cars take alot of work,best keep at it if i want it squirted by spring.  :roflsmiley: ---dave---
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006 - 11:30:30 AM »
 :2thumbs: Two more coats on the sail panel,maybe one more to go.coming out real nice.  :clapping:
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006 - 12:05:49 PM »
 :2thumbs:
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006 - 12:06:10 PM »
Very nice job with your progress, Mopar Fanatic!!!! :2thumbs: :cheers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2006 - 06:54:38 PM »
MF that looks great!  Remember to use the bondo glazing and spot putty to fill in those pesky little holes where the bubbles were, it works great if you havent ever used it, and its like 2 bucks for the tube.  Or, you could be so great at it that you dont need it, thats probably the case.  Let me know if you ever need help with a big job, I might be able to help if I get the time!   :working:  :cheers:

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006 - 07:47:26 AM »
 :2thumbs: steev,didn't get much done this weekend,had to work a few side jobs fri night and satuday morning and evening so was to bushed to do anything sunday,except  :cheers: and watch the vikings,pm me if you want to stop by sometime and i'll give you directions. :2thumbs: --dave---
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006 - 04:10:39 PM »

MF that looks great!  Remember to use the bondo glazing and spot putty to fill in those pesky little holes where the bubbles were, it works great if you havent ever used it, and its like 2 bucks for the tube.  Or, you could be so great at it that you dont need it, thats probably the case.  Let me know if you ever need help with a big job, I might be able to help if I get the time!   :working:  :cheers:
:2thumbs: ya iknow about that,i'm using the final filler stage now,got about done now with the sail panel,just got done fine tuning it over the last two days.  :burnout:
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2006 - 09:26:45 PM »
 :clueless: bri lukks,still haven't chimed back in,where are you?where are those pics?lets go yooper dude, fork the confuzor and the digital to your 10 year old.  :roflsmiley: me and the rest of c.c.com are waiting to see that supercharged dick landy 360 challenger of yours,  :popcorn:  :popcorn: trust me c.c com, he has a sweet car,old buddy i grew up with in michigan,bri you getting snow out there in chicagoland?----dave---
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006 - 07:20:05 AM »
Hey MF, this is going to get mold growing on it soon if you don't get some updates pretty soon, it's been about 6 weeks, I'm running out of popcorn! 
:popcorn:
LOL, just anxious to see more good pictures. By the way, thanks for all the detailed pictures of your work.

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006 - 09:27:51 PM »
Hey MF, this is going to get mold growing on it soon if you don't get some updates pretty soon, it's been about 6 weeks, I'm running out of popcorn! 
:popcorn:
LOL, just anxious to see more good pictures. By the way, thanks for all the detailed pictures of your work.
:roflsmiley: plum6pak.your funny.i know what you mean,i did get some more work done but it has been slow with all my other stuff to get done here in mn,snow blower,sled.etc etc getting to cold to work on it now plus the holidays are coming up.after that,i'll try to get some more done and post some more pics.  :picture:
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006 - 05:42:04 AM »
:roflsmiley: plum6pak.your funny.i know what you mean,i did get some more work done but it has been slow with all my other stuff to get done here in mn,snow blower,sled.etc etc getting to cold to work on it now plus the holidays are coming up.after that,i'll try to get some more done and post some more pics.  :picture:

I hear ya, it's been hard to get out on mine too. Had a rotten case of the flu, after a month I now feel like going out and working on it. Plus as you said, lots of other things going on right now. We'll be looking forward to those updates, maybe I'll even get in a few of my own pretty soon. I'm starting vacation Wednesday and I plan on doing a ton on the car.  :2thumbs:

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007 - 09:17:41 PM »
MF hows it been going? Like your write up thus far. We need a update  :biggrin: If your sick of her let me know and I could take her off your hands for a decent price. All kidding aside whats been going on with the ol'Chally.

Lunch