Author Topic: Foose's 71 Challenger pics  (Read 10069 times)

kudakidd

Re: Foose's 71 Challenger pics
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2006 - 04:29:12 PM »
Has anyone noticed the air cleaner assembly. It looks freakin' puny compared to the engine! Proportions are waaaay off. :grinno:

Offline Choppintime

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2006 - 04:49:32 PM »
Not feeling the paint job (stripe in particular). The wheels are too much chrome for my taste too. I'd have gone with a gunmetal/matte finish for the center and the chrome on the wheel lip.

In general, nice d**n car though.

Willhaven, anymore pics of your 71 ?? Does it still look like that or is that an old photo from it's day two stage ? Good looking car  :clapping:

Offline 71chally383R/T

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2006 - 05:55:55 PM »
that car i do not really care for as it looks like he kinda rushed, but the 71 that is similar 2 that one that he did in overhaulin was sweet liek it had al lcustom interior,a big hp wedge motor,and the rims werent those ones they were custom ones ,(those rims u ca nget out of a specialty wheels or wheels vintiques catalogue).

Offline willhaven

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2006 - 06:04:52 PM »
Willhaven, anymore pics of your 71 ?? Does it still look like that or is that an old photo from it's day two stage ? Good looking car  :clapping:
It's not mine actually, heh. I don't even have an ebody yet. Still saving for a down on a house, then it's Cuda shopping time. Probably in February at the earliest. :walkaway:

I'm far too young to have a black and white image of my own car. I'm 24. :)

I do have a larger version of my avatar on my home PC. I will try to remember to post it when I get home.

71challengher

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2006 - 06:54:41 PM »
that car i do not really care for as it looks like he kinda rushed, but the 71 that is similar 2 that one that he did in overhaulin was sweet liek it had al lcustom interior,a big hp wedge motor,and the rims werent those ones they were custom ones ,(those rims u ca nget out of a specialty wheels or wheels vintiques catalogue).
The one Foose did on Overhaulin was an original Limelight Green R/T car. I saw that show and I think they would have had to prey my hands off his neck , if he ruined my car like that. IMO
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006 - 07:05:14 PM by 71challengher »

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2006 - 08:51:45 PM »
The one Foose did on Overhaulin was an original Limelight Green R/T car. I saw that show and I think they would have had to prey my hands off his neck , if he ruined my car like that. IMO
I totally agree with you! I think it didn't look to good when he was done! he did ruin it IMO!! OMG!! I too would have KILLED him!! he also took the wing off the deck lid! WHY????:dunno:
Just my   :2cents:

Offline willhaven

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2006 - 09:42:29 PM »
ZING!

Offline Choppintime

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2006 - 06:23:22 AM »
Where in NY was that picture taken and do you know approximately what year ? Very cool picture. Your not the owner ? Do you know who is or is that just a picture you found on the net.

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2006 - 07:33:42 AM »
The Foose Challenger could be very nice.  The door panels look to be Cuda, the wheels a bit too large and the stipe dividing the yellow and black a bit overkill.
THe engine compartment color is up in the air, black is ok but yellow would be much better IMO.  THe handbrake in the middle, well I kind of like that idea, just could have been done with a bit more thought.

NOw this car is far out and in the best way possible.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006 - 08:48:02 AM by Rev-It-Up »
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2006 - 07:58:21 AM »
 :drool:   :iagree:

One of the nicest customized Cuda's out there.

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2006 - 10:54:42 AM »

The 71 he did on overhaulin was NOT a real R/T, it was an original 318 car cloned into a R/T. 

And I think he did a great job with it.  I'd much rather look at a Foose challenger then another restored one.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2006 - 12:16:25 PM »
IMO, Cuda's and Challengers look best in one color. Foose does so many cars in single colors, why he has to screw up Chally's I don't know. Unless it's someone's car and they wanted it like that?  The the lime green car he did on Overhaulin, I would have pulled him aside and said. "WTF WERE YOU THINKING"!!!  :swear:

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2006 - 01:17:29 PM »
Choppintime...that black/white cuda is for sale on cudaworld.com for a cool $300K!!!

Offline willhaven

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2006 - 03:34:14 PM »
Where in NY was that picture taken and do you know approximately what year ? Very cool picture. Your not the owner ? Do you know who is or is that just a picture you found on the net.

I found the picture on eBay where the car was for sale at the time. FM3V6M is right though, it is for sale on Cudaworld.com. I didn't notice it was the same car. I never clicked the picture because: A) Way out of my price range and B) Dog dish wheels. :eek4:

http://www.cudaworld.com/adDetail.asp?cat_id=10&sub_id=0&ad_id=1341

Good catch FM3V6M. I want the largest version of that picture possible. I think the 'Cuda looks cool with the side pipes. :)

Offline falcon50flier

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2006 - 07:19:46 PM »
,and the rims werent those ones they were custom ones ,(those rims u ca nget out of a specialty wheels or wheels vintiques catalogue).
I don't think those are Vintiques billet rallyes, they are Foose's own take. The proportions on the Vintiques are way goofier (holes too small as the rim gets bigger). I think Vintiques stop at 18" those have to be 19 or 20"??
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006 - 07:21:33 PM by falcon50flier »
70 Challenger convertible
518 cid Hemi, TF727, 3.73 Dana 60