Close to THE ROCK, 1970 R/T S/E Challenger, 8/13 update

Author Topic: Close to THE ROCK, 1970 R/T S/E Challenger, 8/13 update  (Read 83947 times)

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
Re: Close to THE ROCK, 1970 R/T S/E Challenger
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006 - 09:52:40 AM »
Engine is 3.7 V6 with the 4 speed automatic.   It will move when called upon.  We have oover 1100 miles on it now and are averaging over 19mpg in town and over 22 on the road.  I really havenk't had a real good road trip withour some starting and town type miles so I think it will get the expected 24mpg.   So far so good.

The 4.0s will be in the R/T versions with 255 HP.....The 3.7 has 210......
Dave or David

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006 - 04:50:27 PM »
 440 engine! !side item Starter stuck..!!!11/26 Not anymore, Now Videos

There is a thread in the tech posts that I should have had here I guess. But anyway.......Still some progress on the restoration.....

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Still My Inspiration..1971

Re: 440 engine! !side item Starter stuck..!!!11/26 Not anymore, Now Videos
« Reply #46 on: Today at 06:36:45 pm » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://big-dog.us/challenger/videos.html

I think this gets you to the engine running without going to the main page of the website.

Well it gets you to the video page anyway.  The engine 2 video sounds best...David 

« Last Edit: December 10, 2006 - 06:42:04 PM by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER »
Dave or David

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006 - 06:43:56 PM »
I got to learn how to use a PC........  Anyway videos now on the website...NOISE OF THE ENGINE
Dave or David

Offline ESGEE

• 1970 Challenger RT/SE
    • SG´s site
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006 - 04:01:09 PM »
Nice :2thumbs:
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B196875)
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B115166)
70 Challenger SE(RT/SE clone)
69 Charger RT/SE 4speed Trackpac
70 Charger 500

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006 - 11:19:48 PM »
Nice!  Man, there's a ton of folks on here from the NC-VA area!
74 Dodge Challenger
500 inch stroker, Full cage, ladder bars,
coil-overs, 4L80E, 325/50 M/T DR's....street car!
(work in progress)

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007 - 05:30:02 PM »
Started to work on the rear valence today.  I thought it was going to be simple.  Little did I know there was quite a bit of bondo on it.  Got some dings and dimples to beat out looks like.......
Dave or David

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007 - 08:51:59 PM »
Shook hands on the paint deal today.  Should go to the shop in  about 2 weeks.  I am going with  Top Banana with the BB stripe and since it is an SE it will have the black vinyl top.  Will try to post pics of the paint progress.
Dave or David

Offline mackschallenger

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2007 - 08:18:03 PM »
If thats an original valance make a lot of effort to save it .Doesent look to bad.The aftermarket one I bought doesn't fit real good. Project looks great terry

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007 - 10:24:28 AM »
Thanks Terry.  The rear valiance is probably the original.  My paint guy didn't seem to think there would be a problem with it.  I made a call to three companies today too.  Year One, Paddock , and Legendary.  All three had almost everything in stock that I ordered.  There aren't a lot of differences in prices but sometimes you do find a part that you need that there is a considerable difference.   I ordered the new vinyl top, hood wedges, weatherstripping, the rubber door seals, window sweeps and screws.  (Screws on BO).  The weather is turning  warmer now and time to get back  on the car..... :working: :working: :woohoo:
Dave or David

Offline mackschallenger

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007 - 11:31:00 PM »
Be careful of the window sweeps.I bought the cheaper ones, And was meticulous to install them properly and they suck!Idon't know how the more expensive ones fit but Ithink It is one of those deals you get what you pay for.Legendary autos packaging was less than desireable as far as i'm concerned And most of what they sell is rem stuff.I think the only thing they make are the seat covers and I had mine custom made by my friend out of some good naugahyde (mispelled I'm sure).So really I could have cut them out of my parts aquirement.Terry

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007 - 08:22:51 PM »
From Legendary is the Quarter window seals, Doorend seals, Door Lock seals and Cowl seal...   From Paddock are the Window sweeps, Door and Trunk Weatherstripping, and Hood wedges.  From Year One is the new vinyl top and screws for the door seals.   Everything was in stock but the screws.  I am going to have to work with the window sweeps anyway because my drivers door is a 73.  A little bit different hole vs the slot to attach to.   Anyway we will see how everything turns out.  This will be the first time ordering from anyone but Year One. Right now I have the complete dash on the work table working out a wiring/gauge problem.........Later, David
Dave or David

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007 - 07:51:27 PM »
Ok, the Year One top arrived and the screws were in there too.  The top is not padded like I thought so I am dealing with that. (Vinyl top question, in the Body shop threads).  It does  look good and the seam appears proper. Paddock stuff arrived today.  Window sweeps actually look good.  I will attach them with rivets or screws supplied except for the quarter window pcs which have the three clips on them already.  Trunk weather stripping also is good quality and the door weather stripping has the plastic clips installed and the formed end. Legendary stuff should be here tomorrow or monday.  Then we will see how the rest of the rubber looks.  AND  they are picking up the car monday to  go TO PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Dave or David

Offline mackschallenger

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007 - 08:27:48 PM »
If you bought the cheaper window sweeps YOU will find after you install them they will not contact the glass properly.I played around with this forever adjusting the door glass to accommedate it and it just doesn't work.I don't know if the expensive ones are any better.Also the lengthes of them are wrong'you will have a gap on the outside.All the other stuff you ordered will be okay.You are doing pretty much what I did so hopefully You will be satisfied as as i was.

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007 - 08:01:47 PM »
Talked to Year One today. The padding has been discontinued due to that causing some moisture/rust issues and had not been deleted from the catalog or the internet information. I know that there is a transition from the metal to the fiberglass window insert so I will talk to my body man how to address that.  I think the top will be ok providing I have the correct look at the rear window.  Got part of the Legendary shipment today...was the door  and door lock rubber ends.  They look good.  Will compare to the old original tomorrow. 
Dave or David

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007 - 08:39:52 PM »
Thanks for the update  :2thumbs: