Author Topic: Aftermarket gauges and placement  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Mike71Cuda

Aftermarket gauges and placement
« on: September 13, 2006 - 12:16:17 PM »
I am trying to find a good place for my aftermarket gauges (other than pod below dash). Had my rallyle dash redone so thos egauges are ok, but things like: tranny temp, fuel pres. etc. Trying to find a place that I can retro fit without destroying it. I was thinking about ashtray. Glove box, but they would be tough to see. Sqaw a car with a pod that popped up from center speaker which would be a cool one, but don't know who sells it. Any ideas out there?

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Re: Aftermarket gauges and placement
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006 - 12:32:02 PM »
I am trying to find a good place for my aftermarket gauges (other than pod below dash). Had my rallyle dash redone so thos egauges are ok, but things like: tranny temp, fuel pres. etc. Trying to find a place that I can retro fit without destroying it. I was thinking about ashtray. Glove box, but they would be tough to see. Sqaw a car with a pod that popped up from center speaker which would be a cool one, but don't know who sells it. Any ideas out there?

Someone had that pod out of the speaker opening and it looks pretty cheesy if you ask me. You can turn your factory water temp gauge into a trans temp gauge by installing a switch and sender for the trans. You can switch the gauges sender wire to the motor or trans. It wont be accurate like a autometer, but you get the idea.

What other gauges are you looking to mount? Fuel pressure will have to be outside of the car unless you get a isolator or electrical gauge (which is $$ btw)

:bigsmile:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006 - 12:34:55 PM by GoodysGotACUDA »
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006 - 02:46:27 PM »
Here's where I put my fuel pressure gauge. This pic makes it look worse than it seems. I have NO idea what that brownish shadow is around the upper left of it. Oh to be a good photographer.  :banghead:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006 - 11:38:38 PM »
you can always adapt a pod to the A pillar

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006 - 12:20:45 AM »