XV Shocks - Pics!

Author Topic: XV Shocks - Pics!  (Read 849 times)

Offline DQHemi

XV Shocks - Pics!
« on: September 14, 2006 - 11:23:18 PM »
I got these late today and figured I share them with you before I creash tonight.

We should be shipping our Level I B and E body suspensions in about ten days.  The company doing the shocks for us sent me these pics and they are shipping them out on Monday or Tuesday to us.  I think these are the last pieces we need before we're ready to ship.

The shocks are high pressure monotube, real race quality shocks custom valved to our specs based upon 4-post and track testing.  Monotubes are pretty much state of the art today.

Our shocks are valved specifically for each platform, so B and E body shocks are valved differently and optimized to work with each car in conjunction with leaf springs, torsion bars and sway bars all optimized to work as a package.

The shocks are 100% shock dyno'd to spec by the manufacturer and rebuildable and revalveable. 
Dynoing the shocks is something race teams do to get fully matched sets.
They are verifying the compression and rebound as well as high and low speed velocities match the settings on our development shocks for each platform.

The Level I shocks aren't adjustable, but if you wanted to, you can adjust the nitrogen charge in these shocks and alter its characteristics some.  Shocks for our Level II setup are adjustable.  Gas charge I believe is somewhere north of 250 PSI.

Anyway, check em out!

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline Krazed

Re: XV Shocks - Pics!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006 - 12:32:22 AM »
Very nice! I'm quite impressed with the quality, time, and effort you guys are putting into all of this.

Keep up the good work!  :2thumbs:
'68 Plymouth Barracuda 340 Formula S

Offline willhaven

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006 - 08:18:01 PM »
Exciting stuff. Hopefully more companies pop up and do what you guys are doing for the hobby. Time to bring these cars into the 21st century.

I wonder how long till a member here orders and installs these kits. I give it a few months tops. Hopefully someone splurges for the Level II setup.

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006 - 09:19:17 PM »
 I will be seeing you at the Good Guys show Sat. & Sun.
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006 - 06:44:12 AM »
Our e-bodies will love you for this :bigsmile: :working:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006 - 09:17:00 AM »
Wicked!  :2thumbs: