Author Topic: Will the (former) owner of...  (Read 2633 times)

Offline rabys

• Stan's AAR Cuda
Will the (former) owner of...
« on: September 21, 2006 - 11:27:22 PM »
I have an AAR Cuda that I have been able to trace back to the New England area (specifically New Jersey), mid 1980's. However, the trail dries up there. So, in an effort to try and find former owners I have put together a (simple) web site about the car... http://members.cox.net/rabys/ SO, if anyone out there has some spare time, take a look, pass it on and hopefully I'll get a hit on a former owner!

Thanks Stan
 :feedback:

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: Will the (former) owner of...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006 - 09:05:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum Rabys!  Beautiful cuda!!  :clapping:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006 - 09:23:17 AM »
WOW sweet looking AAR!!   :drool:  :drool:  Welcome to cuda-challenger.com!!  You may just find an owner here!!   :2thumbs:

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006 - 09:33:30 AM »
Loooong, low whistle...Welcome rabys :wave:

RusTy
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline 150mphZissou

• i ain't clownin' around!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006 - 11:45:19 AM »
oh my :cooldancing:
hey, hold on for a second...

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006 - 01:56:47 PM »
Great looking AAR!  My T/A is the same color as your car, red with a black top.
Around 10 years ago I found out you could do a title search in my state (IL). I tried that with my car but had no luck because they don't keep records if a title hasn't been changed in more than 7 years I think it was.  But you may be able to trace titles in the states you know it was registered in, in Illinois if you were successful they sent you copies of the microfisched old titles.  Old titles may have info on the title prior to it?
Worth a try.
I was fortunate to get my original dealer's sales record for my car shortly after my unsuccessful title search.  It had the original owner name and address, but he wasn't at that address anymore.  I did a little checking at the time and the only person I could find with the same name was a guy in CA, not the right guy.
But a week ago I ran the name through some online person finder and found 3 matches, one of whom lives in a town 15 miles from me and showed a previous address in the town where my records showed the original owner lived! 59 years old, which sounds about right for a guy who bought a new T/A 35 years ago!  He wasn't in the phone book but I have a few places I can check for it before I break down and pay the website for more info!   :woohoo:

Offline rabys

• Stan's AAR Cuda
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006 - 07:48:16 PM »
WOW, thanks for the welcome!!!  As for checking with the DMV I have done that for the state of New Jersey, they confirm the owner that I was aware of from that state, BUT all records were purged from that date back.  So that why I'm posting on all of these boards now in hopes of making a connection.  If any of you are going to a show, please download a copy of my flyer and stick it on a pole somewhere, may get luck that way too!  SO, JH27N0B, how did you get the dealer information?  I tried the Chrysler Historical Society but those records were destroyed.

:woohoo:  Stan
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006 - 08:05:32 PM by rabys »

Offline Total BS

• '71 Carrabuda Baby!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006 - 08:38:12 PM »
Raby,

Welcome to C-C.com. I am located in NJ.  Any further info other than the state, like maybe a town. You never know in this hobby until you ask the Mopar guys.  They seem to know everything about every Mopar around.
1971 'Cuda 383
1970 Chevelle SS LS6
1999 Durango
-New Joisey-

Offline rabys

• Stan's AAR Cuda
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006 - 08:42:23 PM »
Yeah!  The information that I have is that it was sold/bought in Randolph, (Morris County) New Jersey, later the owner moved to Berlin, MD.  Apparently it frequented some drag strips in that area (Jersey).  That's about all the specific info that I have for that area.

Stan
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006 - 08:54:42 PM by rabys »

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006 - 08:53:08 PM »
Fortunately my T/A was originally sold by Mr. Norm, and I was able to buy my sales paperwork in the late 90's after I contacted the guy who was organizing and selling Mr. Norms records.

Offline Total BS

• '71 Carrabuda Baby!
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006 - 09:04:11 PM »
Rabys,

I will mention it to the local Mopar crowd tomorrow at cruise nite and see if anyone has any info.  Ya never know!!
1971 'Cuda 383
1970 Chevelle SS LS6
1999 Durango
-New Joisey-

Offline rabys

• Stan's AAR Cuda
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006 - 09:10:12 PM »
I'll email you a flyer with a couple of pictures and email address in it, if you could print this out and take it with!  REALLY appreciate the help.

Stan

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006 - 11:17:44 PM »
Welcome Rabys!

I'm also in Jersey (well, home for at least for today and tommorow, then its back to school down in DC). Don't try to deal with the NJ MVC (Motor Vehicle Commission... its supposed to sound better then DMV), they will go out of their way to make sure that you are inconvenienced. Since they don't have the records anyways... or at least claim they don't... your best bet might be to track down the dealership. Look up the various area Mopar dealers, call around, see how long they have been in business, and if they have any of their old sales records. Good luck, and welcome to C-C.C!

Offline 528 Hemi Cuda

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006 - 11:30:15 PM »
Raby,
Welcome to the board.  You might try getting in touch with Barry Washington.  He has the T/A registry and Jeff over at transamcuda.com he has the AAR registry.  Try looking up AAR Cuda registry on the web and go to their websites and message boards.  You can post on their board that you are looking for information on your AAR.  Good luck at finding info on your AAR.  Nice acr by the way.  We have a B-7 Blue AAR that my husband is restoring.  There is also an All Ebody website that Jeff with the AAR registry has you might try also.  Also go to Moparts.com and post out on their message board.  Good luck.
Pink Ice

Offline rabys

• Stan's AAR Cuda
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006 - 11:35:53 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.  I've contacted transamcuda, aarchives and aar/ta in pursuit of this.  And based on MoparMatt's suggestion, I have contacted Dover Chrysler Plymouth in Randolph, NJ in hopes of some info.

thanks again to everyone for the responses!
Stan

:drunk: