Author Topic: Clones- Love em' or Hate em'?  (Read 9424 times)

Offline Transamcuda.com

• Numbers cruncher and expert at nothing.
    • Transamcuda.com
Re: Clones- Love em' or Hate em'?
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2006 - 12:01:23 AM »
This is a loaded question. If you say you love them your ok or one of the guys if you say you hate them you open yourself up to being flamed or ridiculed. Kind of a catch 22 type situation.
Dont forget to register your AAR at the AAR Registry only at www.transamcuda.com 1981 AAR's on file. Also info on 70 thru 74 E-Bodies. Ask me about yours!!

Offline vert

• Looking good, Billy Ray! Feeling good, Louis!
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2006 - 07:38:19 PM »
I think the world is full of people wanting cars that there just aren't enough of to go around.  Or didn't know what one was when they were available.  I rember 71 Barracudas and Hemis from seeing them at Sox&Martin.  But I was a kid and couldn't possibly have one.  But my 1st car, a 71 Charger SE 383, auto was soon (1975) a 440 4-speed pistol grip car.   I guess it would have been a clone R/T if I could have found a hood, doors, and taillights.  Clone/resto/tribute/original... I like'em all!
71 Barracuda | Hemi idling | Hemi Dyno pull

daves70

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2006 - 07:44:20 PM »
I think the world is full of people wanting cars that there just aren't enough of to go around.  Or didn't know what one was when they were available.  I rember 71 Barracudas and Hemis from seeing them at Sox&Martin.  But I was a kid and couldn't possibly have one.  But my 1st car, a 71 Charger SE 383, auto was soon (1975) a 440 4-speed pistol grip car.   I guess it would have been a clone R/T if I could have found a hood, doors, and taillights.  Clone/resto/tribute/original... I like'em all!
:iagree:They're all good!

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2006 - 09:00:05 PM »
Here's my take on this:

I've owned lots of Mopars of all types. Original hemi cars, superbirds, 440-6 cars, 318 cars, clones, survivors, etc.... and thru them all, the clone/modified cars did not feel any different to drive than the original #'s matching cars. When you are behind the steering wheel, you cant see the VIN # or the numbers on the block or the fender tag. I've been into mopars since i was 10 years old, owned my first one before i could legally drive. It's always been about making my car the best I could for myself, and having fun DRIVING it for me. 

Offline 170cuda

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2006 - 09:07:03 PM »
Make your car the way you want it. I made my 70 340 cuda into a bigblock drag car and love it. :cheers: