Author Topic: 440 Vapor seperator AND fuel line routing to carb  (Read 1406 times)

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
440 Vapor seperator AND fuel line routing to carb
« on: September 23, 2006 - 01:55:26 PM »
Got a  question.  440s and 426s had to have a vapor seperator to allow the excess gas and or fumes to  return to the tank.  My question is..... does the incomming fuel line from the tank attach to the seperator first before it goes to the fuel pump or after?  May seem like a silly question but it is Saturday afternoon...... thanks, David

Could some of you post the proper routing of the fuel line from the seperator to the carb.  I put in  3/8" hose but it seems too big as the alternator pinches it to the water pump.  I am thinking of going with 3/8" tubing and just want a map to go by.  Thanks, David
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006 - 09:11:59 PM by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER »
Dave or David

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: 440 Vapor seperator
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006 - 07:41:37 PM »
it goes to the fule pump first then you need to make a tightly bent line to get into the seperator from the bottom & the outlet from the seperator goes to the carb

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
Re: 440 Vapor seperator AND fuel line routing to carb
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006 - 05:32:10 PM »
OK  if you guys will check out the   "Close to the Rock" page in Members Restoration ,  you will see how I did the fuel lines..  Thanks for the help Chryco...............
Dave or David