Author Topic: The Clowns Challenge----r  (Read 17754 times)

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: The Clowns Challenge----r
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2007 - 08:02:48 AM »
 :wow:
ALL I CAN SAY IS AMAZING!!! I wish I had 1/3 of your skill. The welding is also amazing!! You are definitely MR. Clown!! Great job and progress. It takes a lot to tackle such a project as you are doing. Even if I had the skill, I don't think I would have the patience!! You are the man!! Good luck!! keep us posted!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2007 - 01:43:13 PM »
Thanks guys but I have been putting more time into what I call the mini challenger----This is what I hope to build out of the real car.Its a lot farther along

Offline DMZ73

• http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2007 - 03:11:12 PM »
well, how's it all going? I'm dying to know where/what stage the car is at.

dan
One E body saved, 7 years and counting.

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2007 - 03:22:35 PM »
Nice model Clown, its good to have something that you can look at for the big picture. Keep the updates coming.  :2thumbs:

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2007 - 04:41:36 AM »
Thanks guys
I haven't done much to the challenger----the 69 cuda is in the garage right now with the top of the engine apart(damaged roller rocker,push rod)and I might drop the K-frame so I can replace all the front end bushings and change out the oil pan.If I pick up the oil pan this week I will post pic's of why I want to drop the K-frame,center link will travel through it.-----The Clown

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2007 - 08:16:27 AM »
All I can say is WOW!  :eek2: Where is the smilie for the big balls when you need it? Keep the updates comming.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2007 - 02:13:34 PM »
Thanks But I think it has insanity written all over it. :roflsmiley:My wife thinks so,but she has been really good about it,Including me storing parts in the playroom.By the way I love the pic,s of your T/A when you found it,That is one ssswwwweeeeeeeetttt car.

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2007 - 02:18:05 PM »
does anyone make a 72-74 Challenger model kit?
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2007 - 02:22:11 PM »
Not lately have I seen one released,but I swear I have seen some older kits at swap meets.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2007 - 02:47:21 PM »
does anyone make a 72-74 Challenger model kit?

You have a PM.  :)
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline DMZ73

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2007 - 08:32:29 PM »
Not to drag it on, but have you separated all of what you need to before reassembly? have you rmoved each panel piece by piece, or are you removing the parts in sections from here on?

You must be happy that MA Mopar is making a few more hard to find-solid parts.

Please take more dismantling shots. I think that this goes to show everyone that anything is possible, if you have patience and guts. I am not scared of much, but this might scare me. I think you are doing a fantastic job, and you make a convincing story to find that rare exception-basket-case car that has potential. Since car manufacturing was not computerized back when, welds are random and they are many. Thank god for the Rota-Broach bits.

I am re-roofing my car right now.  I have replaced many parts in my career, but none so involved and so worthy as the Challenger. I have a few solid days into hammering and patching the roof. I can't even imagine what your timetable is. Gods-peed Clown. You are the man!

Dan

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2007 - 04:31:53 AM »
Thank you for showing so much interest.My biggest fault is that once I get going it's hard to stop and take pic's.But here are a few of where I left off.And right now my challenger is sitting outside covered up,so I could work on my 69 Cuda.But I have been getting the urge to work on the challenger really bad.I just don't have the space to work on both at the same time,but once the parts come in for the 69 I will put the upper half of the engine back together and roll the challenger back in.Plus I have been looking for another challenger,so I can use some of the parts that are taking up a lot of space on me.These are parts that were gonna get used on this challenger but have decided that since new is being made thats what I will use.This spring I will remove all of the parts from my garage and my house and lay them out and get some pic's and you will see that this is a nasty addiction.-----The Clown

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2007 - 01:18:31 PM »
I cant wait to see the progress pick back up for the A66. Your model gave me a idea I will be posting mine when she is done  :thinkerg:

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2007 - 02:37:03 PM »
I found some pic's of why I tore the pillars out,poor drainage.There are supposed to be drains in the rockers where the pillar meets the rocker,and then the bottom of the rocker should have little kinks in the back where it meet the inner rocker.Which at some point on my car were closed off,which allowed the rocker to fill with water.And as you can see by these pics,rotted them out.The pic of the front of the rocker shows no drain and what the end result is.

Offline DMZ73

« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2007 - 05:09:05 PM »
If you happen to separate the pillar panel from the rest of the panels, try to take an accurate picture, and any measurements that you can.

I am trying to establish a parts archive of part numbers- You just happen to be in the thick of it. I wish it could be scanned, but i know that would be near impossible.

I am planning on scanning some parts in to collect classic DATA! If the tools are gone, we can reverse engineer.
I have a plan.

Dan