Author Topic: The Clowns Challenge----r  (Read 17763 times)

Offline 71 shaker

• the day i got her,in 1987
Re: The Clowns Challenge----r
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006 - 09:02:21 PM »
 :ylsuper:been away working for a while,good to be back.i am very impressed that anyone would go to such extremes to save a vehicle.i probably do not have the skills for such a undertaking such as yours but i hope this serves to show the rest of us to never ever give up on something we really want.any time i get discuraged about mine and how slow my progress is,all i have to do is go back to look at this and consider my self a lucky person.i wish you all the luck in the world and hope to see this when it is finished.71 shaker

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2006 - 08:25:07 PM »
Just an update----I haven't really worked on the challenger lately, but have been real busy trying to get the garage ready for winter.I also have a large compressor comming and will be running 220 into the garage.I have also been picking up some parts as I can afford them.-----The Clown

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2006 - 08:28:36 PM »
Almost forgot this little part-----The Clown

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2006 - 09:11:04 PM »
Almost forgot this little part-----The Clown
That the one you needed freom Tenn?
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2006 - 09:22:42 PM »
No I passed on the ones in Tenn.I scored that grill through a guy at the swap meet that I went to a couple of weeks ago.He was a vender selling some b-body stuff and I got talking with him and he told me his friend that was gonna be there in the morning had a 70 challenger grill so he called him and he brought it and I bought it before the gates opened.-----The Clown

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2006 - 10:39:38 PM »
Good deal on the grill Clown I wish my grill didnt have to big holes drilled in it to mount fog lights. Who would have thought that pop can thin aluminum could hold two 7 in fog lights  :clueless:

Wow Clown our cars really are brother cars, I just got the chance to go through all pages of your post looks great yours must have been a automatic. What other options did you have?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006 - 10:29:11 PM by lunchbox »

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2006 - 04:20:48 PM »
How are you all?
Hey lunchbox this car had almost nothing for options,But when I am done it will have what I want he he ha ha.Been real busy doing winter comming work but have managed to put the time into the garage upgrade.I got the conduit run yesterday and buried,hope to pull the wires this week.Got the compressor home and cleaned up and in the garage.And man is that thing heavy,thank god for really great friends.But I did work a little bit on the car and made a couple of discoveries.The first is the inner rocker is different,the holes where the fender attaches,One is slotted.The other difference is where the floor pan attaches.On the 70 inner rocker the step thats formed into it stops right after the rocker-seat support but on the 72 it continous up to almost the attaching area by the firewall.The pics will be better at showing you what I am talking about.My parts rocker is off of a 72 challenger and my car is a 70 and this is my first e-body so this info might have been known but it was new to me.And does anyone know whats different about these non rally gauges?And to think I thought they were all the same.The dash is my 70 challenger,and the cleaned gauges were from a 70 barracuda.The Clown

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2006 - 04:53:14 PM »
Heres a pic That I really like----The Clown

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2006 - 09:31:05 PM »
WOW still doing a great job Clown!!   :worshippy  :worshippy  :worshippy

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2006 - 01:55:45 PM »
Your insane!  Mine needs tons of work and its nothing compared to that... can;t wait to see more pics as you get more done. 
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline fantum

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2006 - 08:40:58 PM »
WOW!!!

That thing is going to be so heavily modified we won't be able to call it a Challenger.   Maybe "The Clownenger" will be more appropriate!!

Good luck, and keep up the fantastic work.

fantum
Mike

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2006 - 01:42:24 PM »
THE CLOWNENGER.....I THINK THAT IS RIGHT ON THE MARK.................. :working:
Dave or David

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2007 - 06:52:48 AM »
Been working on the 69 cuda ----but have been cleaning up and redoing parts for the challenger.Been trying to find all of the small parts needed,and I got these---will restore and box them away until I need them,but atleast I have em now

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2007 - 07:09:13 AM »
Major work gettin done there, your a braver man then I, mine was bad, but unfortunatly you got me beat by a mile!
funny how those down to the bone pics become our favorites! here's my "see thru" cuda!

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2007 - 07:23:48 AM »
Most feel I am a sick man for even trying to save this challenger but it's the only way I can afford it.And your right about those pic's being the favorites.You have a project on your hands also,stay in touch because real soon I will be putting the final strip to a 70 barracuda.This is a friends parts car that he gave me,and he is finishing his up so once its done anything useable will be pulled from this.And I will be saving every nut and bolt that is good.