Author Topic: Shelby's Super Coupe Started After 6 Years  (Read 12793 times)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: Shelby's Super Coupe Started After 6 Years
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006 - 11:21:32 PM »
Congrats on getting it up and running again after sitting so long. :clapping:  That'll be a nice car for your daughter. :2thumbs:  It's good to see another younger girl that enjoys older cars and more importantly, MoPars. :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006 - 08:52:18 AM »
I've always liked those cars, but I gotta tell ya, that wagon is a little strange looking! :clueless:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006 - 12:14:31 PM »
One of my favorite muscle cars... even if some don't consider them to be.  I'd love to have a 78 Super Coupe with T-tops... saw one years ago and always wanted one, but instead I have the damn 69 Charger R/T SE and 71 Chally R/T Clone... damn me...

Only found one Super Coupe in my travels, got a few good parts off of it as well... including the wheels, which are NOT cop car rims, since they have no provisions for dog dish wheels.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006 - 04:26:41 PM »
That's sad to see...  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006 - 11:04:51 PM »
I was getting the appraisal on my convertible updated today at a muscle car brokerage not far from me.  While there I was checking out the cars they had in their showroom, and saw a nice looking Super Coupe they had there.  I don't know F body prices but this seemed low for a low production number Mopar!
http://www.classicmusclecars.com/cgi-bin/swrm/det.cgi?id=919&bl=m-;;k-;;nhs-90;;status-Available;;sb-

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006 - 08:40:23 AM »
That is a sweet looking Super Coupe.  For the time it must've been quick. 

Wasn't '78 the same year that the Lil Red Express truck was like one of the fastest things you could buy then?  Even faster than a Trans Am or Z-28? 

The Super Coupe had the same engine, didn't it?
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006 - 11:41:02 AM »
That is a sweet looking Super Coupe.  For the time it must've been quick. 

Wasn't '78 the same year that the Lil Red Express truck was like one of the fastest things you could buy then?  Even faster than a Trans Am or Z-28? 

The Super Coupe had the same engine, didn't it?

Yep!
I've owned one of the plymouth Super Coupes with red interior. These cars were mainly targeted to the region around and south of Detroit. So I've heard and I beleive that because I have known of at least 15 cars in a 50 mile radius around the Lima, Ohio area alone.

Anyone like the Red or blue "Kit Cars"?
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

71challengher

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006 - 07:32:51 PM »
I Love the Super Coupes and aspen Road Runners R/Ts they are great cars. I have 2 Super Coupes, 1 Wagon I made into A 2 DR Super Coupe sedan delivery. A factory 76 Sunroof R/T And A factory 80 Load Runner Wagon. [Station wagon that came from factory with all Road Runner options Bucket seats Console Tuff wheel fender Flairs] Heres A pic of my super Coupe I drive [Needs work but runs drives great I bought it off ebay for $1200.] I have another one I was restoring but After I bought this one I will just probaly sell the other one. and heres a pic of my custom sedan delivery. Enjoy the Super Coupe they are Nice.
Wow, you have a Dodge and a Plymouth. Sweet :2thumbs:

71challengher

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006 - 07:36:00 PM »
Congrats on getting it up and running again after sitting so long. :clapping:  That'll be a nice car for your daughter. :2thumbs:  It's good to see another younger girl that enjoys older cars and more importantly, MoPars. :2thumbs:
Thank you. She loves going to the shows with me. I've been taking her since she was a baby. And she loves going in the Challenger :burnout: I taught her well. :2thumbs:

71challengher

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006 - 07:37:47 PM »
Yep!
I've owned one of the plymouth Super Coupes with red interior. These cars were mainly targeted to the region around and south of Detroit. So I've heard and I beleive that because I have known of at least 15 cars in a 50 mile radius around the Lima, Ohio area alone.

Anyone like the Red or blue "Kit Cars"?
There is a guy that goes to Carlisle and has a blue Kit Car. He's been going to the Chrysler Show for years. I never saw a red one.

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006 - 08:05:32 PM »
I was getting the appraisal on my convertible updated today at a muscle car brokerage not far from me.  While there I was checking out the cars they had in their showroom, and saw a nice looking Super Coupe they had there.  I don't know F body prices but this seemed low for a low production number Mopar!
http://www.classicmusclecars.com/cgi-bin/swrm/det.cgi?id=919&bl=m-;;k-;;nhs-90;;status-Available;;sb-

Those guys are still in business?  I thought after the owner went to jail they closed up.  They tried selling some illegal muscle cars, SS cars that weren't SS's really.  A "real" Hemi Cuda that wasn't real... etc...

BTW... that Super Coupe they have isn't close to original, many things have been changed on it.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006 - 09:36:37 AM »
The coupes are more popular now then when they came out, a Mopar friend out in Mt. Vernon Ohio (now in Flordia) came accross a 78, he pulled the 360 and 727 out and sold them to me, they now reside in our 73 Chally. It too was the brown color, the rust blended right in  :roflsmiley:

That is a nice car and story Chalengher, your daughter will have fun with that lil "sleeper".
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006 - 06:21:39 PM »
I was hopping around the web and landed here. Hasn't been updated since 2003...the production figures seem close to the general consensus although i didn't notice a source for them :cheers:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/skpowell/mopar.html
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006 - 06:24:40 PM by RusTy/SE »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006 - 07:36:11 PM »
My Dad bought a new 1976 Valroe Road Runner, I think it was a similar set up as the Super Coups?  His was metalic green with ralley wheels and 360 4bl.  Also the interior came with a Tough Wheel.

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

71challengher

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006 - 05:02:00 PM »
I was hopping around the web and landed here. Hasn't been updated since 2003...the production figures seem close to the general consensus although i didn't notice a source for them :cheers:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/skpowell/mopar.html
Thank you , that is pretty close to the numbers I have seen.