Author Topic: Scumacher mount problem (Hemi)  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Mike71Cuda

Re: Scumacher mount problem (Hemi)
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006 - 09:08:34 PM »
I don't want to speak for them. I think if you call them they will offer all the information they have. Giv ethem al of your info and they will offer a solution. They seem to be really good people. Good luck

Offline 67Vette427

• My other car is not a Rambler
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006 - 01:24:39 AM »
I put a crate Hemi into a 440 RT Challenger and used the Schumacher mounts. It sat very close to the right tower, maybe 1/2" away. Now I'm doing a 71 Cuda with the 528 Hemi but I've not going to use the aluminum valve covers because of the clearance issue. The show on horsepower tv, I think its Muscle Car Garage did a hemi in a 70 challenger and they said they knew about that problem and said the Chrysler for some reason had the motors off center a bit. They centered the motor and trans when they did their car. All the original Hemi cars I've seen all sit off to the right. Same has the 440's. The right plugs are a lot harder to get to.

But whoever said Mopar should know issues when they sell things sure was right. Maybe that's why so many crate engines had problems too?
1 of 1 Mr Norm's T/A/ 2015 Hellcat, sublime/ 13 Power Wagon

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006 - 10:39:50 AM »
All the V8s in mopar muscle cars set off to the right. It was done for clearance for the steering box. Hemis have the biggest issue there and I doubt you could move the engine back towards center without creating clearance issues between the steering box and the exhaust manifold or header on the left side, especially if you have power steering.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Mike71Cuda

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006 - 10:59:44 AM »
My Pwr Str was the least of my problems (I had none). Everything else needed tweaking.