Author Topic: fender tag question  (Read 7057 times)

Offline JH27N0B

Re: fender tag question
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006 - 10:25:44 AM »
what does the cloth or leather have to do with the door panels?  :clueless:
In that case you got a door panel with a carpeted panel on the lower approximately 1/3 of the panel that has a interior light near the back of the carpeted area.  Most often seen on SE's but not exclusive to them.

Offline PlumCrazy

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2006 - 12:30:20 PM »
Early Challengers did not get the woodgrain in the doors. I do not remember when they started to add it though?

Barry
That is correct, the woodgrain did not become available until mid Jan. 1970, unless the car had an optional interior, then it came with woodgrain and carpeted lower panels with a reflector.  Deputy's always had plain door panels.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006 - 05:14:06 PM »
In that case you got a door panel with a carpeted panel on the lower approximately 1/3 of the panel that has a interior light near the back of the carpeted area.  Most often seen on SE's but not exclusive to them.
Thanks for clarifying. I wasnt sure and didnt know that any Challengers came with carpeted door panels!!!

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006 - 01:26:40 PM »
Woodgrain panels: late challey's after Jan '70 got 'em, early one did not, regardless if they were JH or JS cars.  On 'Cudas only Grand Coupes or cars ordered with leather got woodgrain inserts.

On a '70/71 E-body, only B51 would be on the tag, not B41, but I agree there are exceptions to any rule as I have seen S15 on a fender tag before on a '70 Grand Coupe 'Cuda once.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2006 - 03:36:39 PM »
Thanks for clarifying. I wasnt sure and didnt know that any Challengers came with carpeted door panels!!!

Here's a pic of our RT/SE's door panels...you can see the carpet on the bottom.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006 - 07:40:49 PM »
Woodgrain panels: late challey's after Jan '70 got 'em, early one did not, regardless if they were JH or JS cars.  On 'Cudas only Grand Coupes or cars ordered with leather got woodgrain inserts.

On a '70/71 E-body, only B51 would be on the tag, not B41, but I agree there are exceptions to any rule as I have seen S15 on a fender tag before on a '70 Grand Coupe 'Cuda once.

My JS29U0B has a Fender Tag build date of 109...same panels as Rev-It-Up's, so we can move that date back a bit to at least early January 1970. When i had my 70 A66 (H5B5) Challenger disassembled for fresh paint, i carefully unbent the "tabs" and removed the carpeted pieces to see what might be back there and the same date was stamped four times on the back. Just one more date code to be aware of  :popcorn:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

sleepychallenger

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006 - 05:45:36 PM »
thanks for the pics Laura. Definately interesting. Im not sure if I am a fan or not but thats just me. Well time will see. it would definately keep my boot polish marks off the door panel...  :smilielol:

Offline PlumCrazy

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006 - 06:58:11 PM »
My JS29U0B has a Fender Tag build date of 109...same panels as Rev-It-Up's, so we can move that date back a bit to at least early January 1970. When i had my 70 A66 (H5B5) Challenger disassembled for fresh paint, i carefully unbent the "tabs" and removed the carpeted pieces to see what might be back there and the same date was stamped four times on the back. Just one more date code to be aware of  :popcorn:
SE's ALWAYS had woodgrain.  They came with the base Challenger optional interior as standard equipment.

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2006 - 08:41:31 PM »
 :iagree: I was just clarifying FM3's post

Woodgrain panels: late challey's after Jan '70 got 'em, early one did not, regardless if they were JH or JS cars. 
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002