Author Topic: Who has my buildsheet-JS23V0B160098 (70 Hemi Orange 440+6 Challenger)?  (Read 1173 times)

Offline 70Cuda

• 70 Cuda 383 70 Challenger 440+6 71 Challenger 383
Hoping somebody has it:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440+6, Hemi orange, auto, 3.55 gears, leather fronts, black longitudinal stripe, black vinyl top.  Car looks to have been shipped new to California (N95) and then was down south around Alabama by a guy in the military (last name Staebell) and raced at one time (still has a bolted in cage in it) and the original blacked out ralley hood had a hole cut in it for the carb to poke through.  Car was bought by me around 1990 outside of Jesup Iowa.  Rear seat was missing when I bought it too - removed for the cage.

Car was built October 14th and I have found the car one VIN number less (JS23V0B160097) locally (supposedly shipped new to Utah and found in Iowa within a couple of miles from my car and my buddy bought it).

Thanks for looking, hope the info triggers some one to pull a sheet out of thin air.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006 - 10:55:16 PM by 70Cuda »

Alaskan_TA

Re: Who has my buildsheet - JS23V0B160098 ?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006 - 11:10:27 PM »
I have not heard of the car before, but have you looked inside the front seat backs for broadcast sheets yet? If not, check both sides, you may find one or two or none at all. They may not even match your car, but there is only one way to find out.  ;)

If you do find any for other cars please let us know?

Barry

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006 - 11:15:53 PM »
I pulled my file on your buddies car, it was on Ebay last March with the broadcast sheet from the rear seat shown in the auction. Does your car have the tan leather interior also? If so, make sure he checks his front seat backs also since his car is so close to yours.

Best of luck!

Barry

Offline 70Cuda

• 70 Cuda 383 70 Challenger 440+6 71 Challenger 383
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006 - 08:01:31 PM »
I did a seat search with no luck and tried feeling up in the glove box area too with the same results.  The car hasn't been completely tore down yet but hopefully something will show up when it is but I have my doubts.

I found that other car on ebay and looked at the ad quite a bit because it was dressed up to look like mine (minus the vinyl top) with the black longitudinal stripe and black interior.  A decoding of the car showed that yes, it should have saddle tan interior and rump stripe (it doesn't now and has an add on real shaker) but he did get the build sheet with it.  On ebay, I glanced at the VIN and thought it might be close to mine upon checking saw it was one off and it was another 440+6 Hemi Orange Automatic car and then it turned out to be just minutes away.  I took my buddy along to look at it and was surprised when he bought it - didn't meet the ebay reserve.  Funny how the cars built all those years ago were reunited and I joke with him saying they practiced on his and in my opinion, mine has better options too but there are quite a few similarities so maybe they built them in batches.

I don't have any more sheets and turned the one I found (70 purple 340 Cuda) into Galen about 4 years ago.

Alaskan_TA

Re: Who has my buildsheet-JS23V0B160098 (70 Hemi Orange 440+6 Challenger)?
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006 - 11:31:52 PM »
OK, look under your carpet too when you get a chance then, best of luck! If I hear of one for it I will contact you right away.

T/Ake care,
Barry