Author Topic: Cuda Hemi Fender lip stamping/ Anybody got the skinny?  (Read 4299 times)

Offline First Choice

Re: Cuda Hemi Fender lip stamping/ Anybody got the skinny?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006 - 10:01:39 AM »
 Hi,  I own a body shop and an working on an AAR as we speak.  I ran into the same problem and here is what I found out.  The AAR had new fenders put on in the late 80's and someone rolled the fenders with a par of pliers.  Very bad job.  I think that they were trying to duplicate what was there before.  Only a guess. I have the restoration book and it sead that the fenders were rolled. But I still needed pics.  In the mean time, I got another job comming in next month. A T/A.  The first thing I did was look under the fenders.  Sure enough, the fenders were rolled but they had a bracket.  Something new!  During all of this, a friend of mine bought a pile of nos parts.  The person was bilding a Hemi 70 Challenger. He bought a set of fenders back in the 70"s.  These fenders have never been on a car.  The edge's are rolled and there is a bracket. Very cool to see mint nos that have never been on a car. So, this is what I have been told.  All AAR's, T/A's, and Hemi's had rolled fenders because they had  the "bigger brakes". with the bigger brakes they had to put the 15" wheels to fit the rotors. So here's what I din on the AAR.  I rolled the fenders, a much nicer job than what they did, and keeping my fingers crossed that they are correct. Hope this helps.

Offline bossrobot

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006 - 10:58:47 AM »
I was looking at the post , but I could not see a picture.
I am really curious about the bracket?
Where are they and what do they do?

really appreciate the help
Johnny

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006 - 03:14:27 PM »
I did not know that the Cudas did not have the inner fender brace, good to know. One more thing to keep an eye out for as well.  :wave:

The AAR wheels were 15X7

The rolled lips had nothing to do with the brake system, just with chassis dive in hard braking situations in cars with 15" tires.

Most cars that were "supposed" to have rolled lips did not actually come with them.

The photos load fine for me? Cool to see them.  :cheers:

Barry

cudahob

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006 - 06:07:08 PM »
Mine does not have inner fender braces either.  :poopoke:

Hummm I thought AAR had 15x7' in the back and 15x6 up front.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006 - 06:25:59 PM »
15 X 7 front and back, it was the tire sizes that were different.

Barry

Offline bossrobot

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006 - 10:52:10 PM »
Can you please send the pice to my email:
boss_robot_hobby@yahoo.com

Thanks
Johnny