Author Topic: Project for this winter.  (Read 7414 times)

Offline OzCuda

Re: Project for this winter.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006 - 05:13:24 PM »
Seems a lot of work to turn it into a trailer and for it to not look out of place behind your chally you effectively have to restore it - too much work for a novelty-value trailer in my opinion.  The chassis you have might be of value to someone who wants a project but can't afford more than something rough to start with.  More Mustangs around than Challengers when it comes to cutting them up for trailers.
'70 Barracuda

Offline EvilTwinATX

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006 - 05:13:34 PM »
I dont know man.. looks like it could be saved... but you would REALLY have to do some work. Good project for the right person. See if you can find one with the roof already cut off and make your trailer outa that.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006 - 05:21:11 PM »
I can't wait until Moparclown sees this.  :lol: Really, I am on the fence here. I like the idea of a Chally trailer, but if there is ANY chance to save this car, even if it was a 318 car...  :pullinghair:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006 - 05:48:27 PM »
Really, I am on the fence here. I like the idea of a Chally trailer, but if there is ANY chance to save this car, even if it was a 318 car...  :pullinghair:

Mike

Maybe I am asking for it but one way or another it MUST GO. The wife has said so.  :stirpot:

If it can be saved, it won't be by me. I don't like the idea of cutting it up, but I love the trailer idea.

And this needs to happen this year so I can get my carport.

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline EvilTwinATX

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006 - 08:27:37 PM »
I think the trailer is a good idea too! Maybe someone will trade you for a worse off car that they dont have a chance of saving. Regardless...do what you want. It is your car ... I am sure we will all be  :clapping: when you are done.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006 - 05:11:49 PM »
I have seen street rods,vettes and PT criusers with matching trailers and I have thought about doing it to the Satellite parts car I have for my road runner project.My idea is to add an aftermarket Superbird wing to it,leave the back seat in it and make a cowl/nose cone so you could not only sit in it at car shows it could have a Playstation mounted in it to play racing games or watch a dvd.My Satellite is already hacked up for the door jambs by a previous owner and is a nothing special 318 car although other than the jambs and quarters is fairly solid and could be saved.A challenger is a a lor rarer than a plain b-body even if it`s only a 318 car.You can`t save then all but I like the idea of trying to sell it to someone who would and finding an already cut rear clip.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006 - 10:43:22 PM »
No way Id give up on it and make it into a trailer :banghead:  I'll take it off your hands and then your wife will let you get something else :grinyes:
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006 - 12:41:44 AM »
I think the trailer idea is cool, but I don't at all like the flat front. I think that you should put a front end on it as well. It would look really cool, you would get a ton more storage area, and the hood and trunk would act as access doors. I'm not a photoshop wiz, but here is my rendition.

Offline purple1

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006 - 06:15:12 AM »
I will make my choice soon (next week or so). I really do love the trailer idea. And so does my wife!!  :angelwings:
I just don't like the idea of cutting this car to do it. But I have my two other 71 Challengers to work on. And I myself have junked way better cars than this one.

jeryst, I don't have the parts to do that, No extra hood, fenders, valance, ect. so doing a longer one like that I just can't do. And the flat front was just to get a better idea. Maybe I can do something with that part of it.

SilverChally and torredcuda, like I said I am willing to make a trade. I am not willing to sell then have to find another one. So if someone has a cut rear clip, SPEAK UP NOW!!!

:stirpot: Dave

Dave

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006 - 10:45:28 AM »

jeryst, I don't have the parts to do that, No extra hood, fenders, valance, ect. so doing a longer one like that I just can't do. And the flat front was just to get a better idea. Maybe I can do something with that part of it.

I have been looking for a good set of Challenger front fenders. Along the way, I have run across many junk fenders and hoods that are very cheap. They aren't good for a car, but could be patched up to work for a trailer. It might be cheaper than you think. Expecially when you will wind up with something that will really knock peoples socks off. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006 - 04:09:46 PM »
The photoshop that jeryst did was vewwy intawesting...  What about a front clip but blend the front and rear wheel wells to make it one, so you have like half of the front fenders and half of the rear quarter?   :dunno:  Might be too much trouble.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006 - 04:25:10 PM »

SilverChally and torredcuda, like I said I am willing to make a trade. I am not willing to sell then have to find another one. So if someone has a cut rear clip, SPEAK UP NOW!!!

:stirpot: Dave

How nice of something do you need?  We got 4-5 pretty rough in back, couple would work for what ya want.
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline purple1

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006 - 07:23:13 PM »
How nice of something do you need?  We got 4-5 pretty rough in back, couple would work for what ya want.

Darn it. Now you tell me after I pulled the front suspension off today along with some trim. I would want a 71 if you got it. I guess I can use a 70. I just want the back 1/3 of the car but that part would need to be in good shape. Take some pics, post em here and lets see what you got.

I have the original engine and trans to go with this so it is a little more than just a shell. But not much. I still need to take a few more parts off for my other cars so we would need to do something real soon. I was thinking of cutting it up this weekend but I can wait one more week.

Dave

Dave

Offline purple1

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006 - 07:31:15 PM »
Almost forgot, I can sweeten this deal. I have an other 318 with a 727 that I could part with.  :wave:

Dave

Dave

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006 - 08:36:08 PM »
Two 71s here, one is a 383 rt car, but was burnt badly then sat out... other slid into a telephone pull in the rear quarter and its dead!  The rt is surface rust, not so much on the rear section, the rear third may work as the front got the worse of the fire and roof is toast.  However not sure how the trunk and rear rails are.  I'll get some pics...
70 challenger project
68 satellite