Author Topic: console light problem?!?!?!?  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: console light problem?!?!?!?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007 - 01:34:49 PM »
the plug for the light bar goes into a triple plug behind the clock / above the ashtray , it may just be unplugged, the trpile plug is moulded in orange plastic

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007 - 05:30:17 PM »
I was having problems with my light bar.  Turned out it wasn't grounded well, especially after I had finished spraying several coats of paint on it.

My fix was to solder seperate ground wires to each of the sockets, tied all these together and then connected to chassis.  It now works whether it's connected or not, and much brighter.

I plan on doing this to my rear tail lights when I get the time, the ground connections on these cars are marginal at best.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007 - 05:54:55 PM »
Katfish,

It's all about the paint. The light sockets need a nice clean connection to ground. What I mean is, bare metal. Not paint. Your tail lights will be the same way. The socket needs a nice clean connection to metal. I hope this helps.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007 - 10:06:46 AM »
I was having problems with my light bar.  Turned out it wasn't grounded well, especially after I had finished spraying several coats of paint on it.

My fix was to solder seperate ground wires to each of the sockets, tied all these together and then connected to chassis.  It now works whether it's connected or not, and much brighter.

Got any pics of that???
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!