Anyone have a tattoo?

Author Topic: Anyone have a tattoo?  (Read 4547 times)

Offline ESGEE

• 1970 Challenger RT/SE
    • SG´s site
Re: Anyone have a tattoo?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006 - 06:15:11 PM »
I have 8 of them and they all have personal meanings to me, so dont pick something from the tattosbooks just bring something of your own(dont mean that you have drawn it yourself) :bigsmile:
Wife, husband, girl/boy friend thats a thing i will ever understand, but real blood like kids, brother, parents i do understand...
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B196875)
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B115166)
70 Challenger SE(RT/SE clone)
69 Charger RT/SE 4speed Trackpac
70 Charger 500

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006 - 06:25:42 PM »

As for me... there isn't enough beer in the world for me to even consider it.  :drunk:

Mike

BEER???? My buddy from chrysler gets Hammered when he gets a tatoo!! no beer for him he goes straight for the hard stuff!!  :lol2: He has several tatoos next time I see him I will try and get pictures! he has the plymouth heart on his forarm, a road runner on his shoulder, and flames running down the other arm to his wrist!! he LOVES INK!!

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006 - 06:31:46 PM »
Never tattoo a wife, husband, girl/boy friend or significant others name or likeness on your body, it is the kiss of death.  The relationship will not out last the tattoo.  This has been proven time after time.  My friend Miles has been in the tattoo business for thirty plus year and refuses to put somebody significant other name or likeness on their body. 

Your tattoo should mean something to you Cody.  Take your time and do your research, go to local tattoo parlors and look at the tattoo artist photo albums. Find something in a magazine or book that you like.  Then take it to a local artist and have them do a drawing of it. 

If you take your time and plan it out you will be much happier with your tattoo.  Remember it is more painful to get a tattoo removed, than it is to get one so make sure you can live a life time with.
 just my  :2cents:

I TOTALLY agree with you 67vertman!! a good friend of mines brother had his wifes name tatooed on him and he went throught A LOT of difficult times to get if removed finally!! NOW he has a big ugly scar there! and another friend of mine was in the navy and got drunk with his buddies OMG you know where that led!!!   :nono: he got a real sexy woman tatooed on his bicep and now he does everything he can to hide it!! (he is a REAL SHY GUY)and boy is he embarrassed of THAT ink!!
So Cody let that be a lesson to you! MAKE SURE YOU ARE SOBER when you choose the picture you are going to wear for the rest of your life!!! Good luck with your choice!! and choose a good shop to do the work!!   :2thumbs:

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006 - 08:10:38 PM »
I have 3 tattoos, all of which can easily be hidden.  My first was a wedding band, Joe has a matching one.  My second is on my lower back and is a tribal design with my astrological symbol worked into it and I just got my third one the week after Carlisle '06.  It is a paw print ankle bracelet on my left ankle.  I wanted to get Muggsey and Vixxen's heads done but they won't be able to put enough detail into it for the small size I wanted. 

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006 - 09:15:27 PM »
I have 8 of them and they all have personal meanings to me, so dont pick something from the tattosbooks just bring something of your own(dont mean that you have drawn it yourself) :bigsmile:
Wife, husband, girl/boy friend thats a thing i will ever understand, but real blood like kids, brother, parents i do understand...

:iagree:

I don't have any but if I were to these would be the one's I would consider.

Tom :cooldancing:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006 - 01:29:11 PM »

As for me... there isn't enough beer in the world for me to even consider it.  :drunk:

Mike

I'd have to agree.  I personally, have never found anything attractive about tatoos.  :2cents:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Robb

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006 - 02:09:49 PM »
I'd have to agree.  I personally, have never found anything attractive about tatoos.  :2cents:

If the ink somehow could dissappear after 5 years on its own, it might be OK.   

My grandadad always said that tattoos were just another way for the cops to firmly identify you.  Thats never good.   and that tattoos are something you get in the Navy, or while you were in jail.   

I cant remember how many girls in college I met or knew that had the same rose tattoo or sorority tattoo on their ankles.....   to show off their "individuality"    :clueless:

(2/100 of a dollar)  not inflammatory  :swaying:.

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006 - 02:49:18 PM »
I have no tatoo's either but I always thought of getting this on my arm with the wings wrapping around.  A couple reasons for this . . . first I love Owls and they are my Totem.  Then this one is on the cover of one of the albums of my favorite rock group and last . . I like the picture.    But I probably never will . . . just say maybe one day!  lol 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006 - 02:54:48 PM by 4Cruizn »

Offline 70Cuda340

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006 - 02:52:17 PM »
My better half almost turned into an ex-half after she got a tattoo this spring (without me knowing about it).   My opinion of them is obvious.  Now we're working on removing it. 
J.D. Stewart
Norfolk, NE

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006 - 02:57:23 PM »
I been thinking of getting the words---"The BEAST" tatooed on me.   :smokin:   Trouble is this:--  no good place to put those words on this ancient body............................    :roflsmiley:    :smilielol:   :bigsmile:   :stirpot: 
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Robb

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006 - 03:20:42 PM »
I been thinking of getting the words---"The BEAST" tatooed on me.   :smokin:   Trouble is this:--  no good place to put those words on this ancient body............................    :roflsmiley:    :smilielol:   :bigsmile:   :stirpot: 

maybe the same place the Jamaican guy (in the old joke) put      "W E N D Y"

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline Bonkers

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006 - 03:46:11 PM »
I'm in the process of getting my one and only - it'll take a couple of years and cover the entirety of my back when done, but I think it'll be the only one I get. My wife is convincing herself not to get the fourth.

I'll tell you the biggest issues with getting one little tattoo is that you really can't stop yourself from getting more - it becomes an addiction. The first is the worse because you expect all this pain and have doubts about whether you truely want it, but when you walk out of the shop you start thinking "wow, that wasn't too bad at all."

My advice is to stay away from "tribal art" and logos unless you REALLY like them. Fads change year-to-year and its tough to say what'll be cool in 20 years. One of my friends got a "Nike Swoop" logo chain-linked around both of his arms back in highschool, I wonder if he still has it.
------------------------------------
I drive WAY too fast to be worried about cholesterol.

"First rule of performance modification - not being able to accelerate won't kill you nearly as fast as not being able to stop." - Dad-in-law and chief mechanic.

daves70

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006 - 06:00:30 PM »
It's just who I am Cody. My son gave it to me.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006 - 07:48:24 PM »
I will have more done in the future but the only one right now is a single purple rose that I had done right after I got married.-----The Clown

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006 - 08:42:29 PM »
Then this one is on the cover of one of the albums of my favorite rock group and last . . I like the picture.    But I probably never will . . . just say maybe one day!  lol 

RUSH!! Fly by night!!  Good taste 4C :2thumbs:
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat