Author Topic: exhaust system info please  (Read 1020 times)

Offline dougs bs23

exhaust system info please
« on: October 15, 2006 - 08:55:04 AM »
I'm in the process of aquiring ann the parts i need to convert my single exhaust into a dual system with cut out rear valance. So im looking for pics, info part no's etc on all the brackets, hangers and what ever else i need to do this.  I've already aquired a left side heat shield  and need what ever else is required for the left side (hanger bracket at shock support,  frame mounter hanger assembly at rear of heat shield)  my service manual isnt very clear on this one :dunno:any and all info is much appreciated,
thanks,  Doug
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: exhaust system info please
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006 - 09:04:15 AM »
I went to TTI and bought a kit that had everything I would need to install a dual exhaust in my convertible.  Part #'s I don't have but pics I do! 

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006 - 09:31:23 PM »
My cuda is a 340. I did the 2 1/2 " system myself. I used a Heddman X-pipe, 50's Flowmasters mufflers, Chrome tips, and had a friend bend up the pipe at his shop. 50 series are big and close but fit OK. 40's are too noisy for me. Good Luck....

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006 - 05:12:29 AM »
 :cooldancing:  great pics
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006 - 05:54:40 AM »
These guys have the OE stuff covered http://www.accurateltd.com/E%20Body.htm
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006 - 06:06:53 AM »
thanks alot everyone  :2thumbs: and great pics as well, Now it's just a matter of saving the $ and stockpiling parts as it will be a while before it can go on,, next ? is headers. When i bought this car it had long tube headers and on the left side one tube ran under the cross link which I had to unbolt to remove theheader and there was very little ground clearance, so some bozo turned the tortion bars up as far as they would go to try and gain some ground clearance, which resulted in totally crushing the LCA bumbers. Is there a header manufactured that does not run under the cross link? BTW the engine I have is a 6-70 dated 340.  One of these days I'll have all my pics resized to get on here showing my progress of the last year.
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006 - 07:13:57 PM »
The headers on my Cuda are Hookers Super Comp. I think the number is 5115 coated.. Fix nice and over center link...
I belive Jeg's & Summit sell them Black or Coated..Oh, They are 1 3/4"...