Author Topic: Need your Advice  (Read 2345 times)

Offline SilverChally

Re: Need your Advice
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006 - 05:25:12 PM »
Everything, well almost has a price... you didn't mention the offer amount, sounds like its enough to consider.  You can always build another or get something else you always wanted.  My favorite part is building them, so easy decision for me!
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline BARACDA

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006 - 05:50:28 PM »
With a car as nice as that one I think I might even go one further if I were you in selling it.  Why not contact B-J to find out about shipping it out their to sell at thier auction?  Make sure you have an very detailed placard for the car interior with a matching easy-to-read one for the announcer to make notes from and let them do the job for you.  Anyway, you can see from thier results internet listings what the car will most likely sell there, subtract the 16% from the car and look at the final number.  If that number is far better than your local offer then plan accordingly.

jim

Offline matt63

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006 - 08:43:29 PM »
One sold last year at BJ.  It was a 440 4 speed Dana 60 car with a nice resto but not top notch.  I'm unsure of the selling price but I believe that it was in the $45-$55 range (minus freight and commissions). 

Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006 - 07:57:18 PM »
Thanks for all your input. The offer is $ 30,000.00
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006 - 08:20:20 PM »
Thanks for all your input. The offer is $ 30,000.00
JS27

...cars are like women, another one on every corner :bigsmile:....I have sold many with no regrets, always looked forward to the next find....when you rarely drive it, a really good picture of the car will do the same job....

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006 - 08:23:59 PM »
I have alot of really good pictures !!!
Still not the same as the smell of burning rubber!!!!
Thanks
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006 - 08:32:03 PM »
ps....$30K seems WAY TOO CHEAP .....if the car is as correct and nice as you say, hold out for the big $$$....look around to see what $30K will buy, and will you be happy "trading down"

...your GTX is a real beauty !!!

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006 - 09:05:21 PM »
I know of a modified one that was beautiful, but not correct go for 35k or so... so I'd say that offer isn't enough, but 30k is nice money!
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006 - 09:06:57 PM »
I really don't think $30k does it juding from what I see in the pics!   :faint:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006 - 09:08:41 PM »
Look at the 67's in this link and compare to yours. This may help you decide.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/plymouth.html

Mike
1974 Barracuda

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006 - 09:12:59 PM »
One more thing. Check out the 66 Belvedere II in this link. You can buy this one have fun and have money left over from your GTX. Just a thought......(since you seem to like this style of ride)

http://www.justmusclecars.com/

Mike
1974 Barracuda

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006 - 06:19:04 AM »
Well, I'm all for correct and original looking, but to me, items like the paint need to be better than factory to get the real high numbers. The body looks beautiful, but I wouldnt pay $50K for a car that wasnt much better, perfect paint, perfect gaps, the works. Mopar bodies were terrible at best, so getting better than factory is easy. Making them perfect is almost impossible...lol. In your car's case, I think the correctness of the resto, the fact that it withstood hard judging of real pros, and the fact that it's still looking good after X number of years, tells me it's worth more than $30, but less than a perfect fresh much-nicer-than-factory job. It's also (to me anyway) a fairly commn car (and yes, I mean real ones, there's like 10 within 40miles I know of. I'd toss a price of $50 at him, and fine some common ground in the mid 40s. It is a vrey nice car. I wouldnt sell it if I owned it. It would be an estate item.

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006 - 02:13:42 PM »
I went through the same thought process with my 1962 Corvette. It was a beautiful red on red convertible with both tops and 37,700 original miles. It was 100% numbers matching. As far as corvettes go, this was the car to own. I had one problem.... It was really too nice to go out and enjoy the way I wanted to. I worried about crashing a virgen car. I worried about blowing a numbers motor. Reproduction parts though close, are not the same as the factory originals. I took the cash...with the promise to myself that I would someday own the same car in a more driver friendly state. The next one will be a non numbers car with a later model F.I. motor in it. I will add disc brakes, power steering, A/C, and leather. I will build it with gearing and a 5 speed tranny that will do good on either track or highway. It will have the vintage appeal, but the current comforts. Take the money, build what you can enjoy and make memories. It sure beats sitting at carshows having judges and other entrants pick your car apart because of a finish. That got real annoying and old.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006 - 01:17:35 AM »
I agree with a bunch of what was said above, but if they offered $30,000 then they know it is worth a little more than that.  I would let them know that you are interested in the sale but you need a little more than their offer, and then let them know that some of these cars go for $50,000 at BJ and watch their reaction.  I would then offer them a price of $40,000, and make sure to tell them they are getting it cheap.  Chances are if they do not take your offer, they will at least raise it to $35,000.  Then it will be your choice to take it or leave it. 

If I was in your spot and I had a car that I was unsure about driving regularly, I would have to sell it.  Then I could enjoy a homemade custom Belvedere(GTX) of my choice.

Good Luck.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline TeeWJay426

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006 - 07:23:35 AM »
js27- I personally think that 30K is WAYYY too low for that car. Granted, I really like the '67's, but after seeing what's out there, what the prices were in Carlisle for lesser cars, etc.... I'd have to say if I were in your shoes I wouldn't settle for a dime less than 40K.
'66 Hemi Charger                         
'67 Coronet R/T ragtop
'03 Hemi Ram 2500 QC 4x4
'99 Durango
'98 Intrepid ES