Author Topic: Values Forum?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline focal 7

Values Forum?
« on: October 19, 2006 - 03:08:02 PM »
      Is it possible to create a forum just for car values? The NADA guidelines are helpful for restored cars, but not rollers, projects, or parts cars. I have several mopars I plan on keeping and value doesn't mean much on those ( I will never let them go ), but along with that I have bought parts cars, etc. where it would be helpful to have some input from my fellow Mopar brothers.
      A lot of newbies, like myself, could benifit from the experience of old timers who have their finger on the pulse of the E body market. I see questions all the time like this........"I have a chance to but a 73 cuda with a 340/Auto, it's rusted in the trunk, etc.......... What should I pay?" In fact, I have had a question or two like that myself.
       I know when it comes to values, these can be contoversial. However some general guidelines would be very helpful, and sometimes opinions are not bad either. What do you say?

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Values Forum?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006 - 03:44:12 PM »
I'm no help here, but the bottom line is it would be tough to know what a car is worth without seeing it in person. Take the car in your avatar picture. It isn't pretty to most, but I see decent front fenders and a nice grill. If the car has a solid frame, then suddenly the value jumps up big time. So it would be tough for me to give you a value unless I know if the frame is Swiss cheese or not.

I know being a Newbie this type of section might help you, but it might be tough for others in giving you guidelines for a car we haven't seen in person.  I hope I at least made a little sense here.  :lol:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006 - 04:07:43 PM »

Could be a good idea as "What's It Worth" (WIW) posts are a common occurrence here.
Engine prices and junk yard finds etc.....just not sure if they justify their own forum - yet?  :dunno:

:2cents:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline focal 7

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006 - 09:44:23 PM »
     Mike, I respect your opinion 100%. Obviously it would call for great honesty on the part of the one leaving the post, and pictures would undoubtedly help immensely. Take for example, under the "CARS FOR SALE" section there is currently a post titled "70 CUDA 440 6PAC" In this post the guy is seeking a value for his car with several pictures and a decent description of the car. I feel some will probably chime in and throw a "ball park" figure out there.
    I just believe a forum like this could be helpful, I find a lot of mopar owners do not want to put prices on their items even tho they may have things for sale, often I hear the statement from the owner "Make me an offer". I personally don't want to offer him twice what it's worth, on the other hand I want to be fair. A forum like this might be a place to bounce things off of each other and at least get an idea of an item's value. Sorry to ramble, but my experience is very limited in this field and I'm trying to tap into a more experienced crowd. Thanks! :feedback:

Offline focal 7

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006 - 06:19:21 AM »
Check it out......by surfing this site there have been a number of "What's it worth" questions just in the last few days. I still think this would be a good forum to add!     

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006 - 08:16:11 AM »
Check it out......by surfing this site there have been a number of "What's it worth" questions just in the last few days. I still think this would be a good forum to add!     

We can try it out and see how it goes.  Can't hurt!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006 - 08:24:00 AM »
I've added it as a child board under Cuda-Challenger Galore. 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline focal 7

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006 - 10:53:03 AM »
Thank you gentlemen! If it gets controversial or not enough interest, yank it. But giving it a try will be very helpful. Plan on using it myself in the next couple of days. Again THANKS! :bananasmi

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006 - 05:55:13 PM »
Thank you gentlemen! If it gets controversial or not enough interest, yank it. But giving it a try will be very helpful. Plan on using it myself in the next couple of days. Again THANKS! :bananasmi

You're welcome focal7!  Always looking for ways to improve. 

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006 - 01:14:57 AM »
gentlemen..........  :faint:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006 - 02:04:56 AM »
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006 - 10:16:52 AM »
I'm used to it...it's OK.  Focal, fyi, I'm a woman. :grinyes:

Offline focal 7

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006 - 02:04:57 PM »
Please accept my sincerest apologies. Being a newbie, I am slowly working my way around. Goes to show ya one should never assume! Again I am sorry.         :faint:

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006 - 03:32:13 PM »
Please accept my sincerest apologies. Being a newbie, I am slowly working my way around. Goes to show ya one should never assume! Again I am sorry.         :faint:

Really, it's no problem at all, I get it all the time.  I'm in no way offended. :grinno:  If I had just joined this board, I would never expect one of the administrators to be a woman. :roflsmiley  I'm just a little odd that way and absolutely love cars. Glad to have you here Focal.