Author Topic: Work has begun...Topcat  (Read 260610 times)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: Work has bugun
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2008 - 10:30:43 AM »
Looking great!

I got the same helmet from HF!
Tom :2thumbs:

They're crappy but do the job. Right after the pic a little while later the plastic band broke.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2008 - 10:55:06 AM »
 :faint: WOW!! I don't check in here for a few weeks (or months) and look what you've done!!! You are doing some incredible things Mike, keep up the good work!
You asked a few months back where I'd been. Well, mostly working, starting a new clothing business, traveling, family things, etc etc etc. I'll post once I have a few more things to show. Just got our webpage started, WildSideArts.com is who is setting up my site. Should have a few things in there in a few weeks. Selling our items on consignment at several places, special events etc. Here's the link: PoisonAppleClothing.com

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2008 - 08:53:41 PM »
Tore down the Hemi today. I was really happy to find out that the cylinder walls are in very good shape. Looks like just a honing will be all they'll need. Kieth Black pistons 10.5-1, very nice, brand new. Heads looked great too.
The cam shaft was shot. One lobe was smooshed flat. Hardly any metal particles in the pan.

Off to the machine shop on Monday to drop it off.

Update added:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=51227.msg673107#msg673107

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014 - 09:46:01 PM by Topcat »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
Re: Work has begun
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2008 - 04:37:02 PM »
Hey Mike, do you got any pics of the issues with the hemi or are they that minute that the naked eye cant see them?  Also did you decide on a cam size yet?  Is that shaker hood for sale LOL!!!  Doing a great job bro!

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2008 - 08:40:08 PM »
Hey Mike, do you got any pics of the issues with the hemi or are they that minute that the naked eye cant see them?  Also did you decide on a cam size yet?  Is that shaker hood for sale LOL!!!  Doing a great job bro!

Don

Once it's been hot tanked and magnafluxed, I'll show up there with some cash and a camera in hand. I just e-mailed her today telling my concerns regarding if the bores are out of alignment or not from the previous owner who re build it.
I was told to be patient...we're buried right now.  :bricks1:

I'm just down to little things left on the body to do.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2008 - 04:33:57 PM »
Are you still sending it out to Tony?  If so when?  I would love to be there when you take it there?

Don

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2008 - 04:38:09 PM »
We'll see.......Only 2500 mile between us and winter comin! lol
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2008 - 08:26:04 PM »
The metal work is finally done.

I've gone over it with a fine tooth comb and I can't find anything left but a few minor things that can wait till after the blasters done. Engiine is doing a wallet drain on me right now so this will be on the next burner once it's out.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014 - 08:40:06 PM by Topcat »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2008 - 08:49:33 PM »
The amount of grinder discs I went thru. Probably 30-50 could be added for the total used.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #219 on: November 19, 2008 - 09:21:13 AM »
Man you did a great job on that shaker.  Was the conversion complicated? 

Don

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #220 on: November 19, 2008 - 09:35:44 AM »
Man you did a great job on that shaker.  Was the conversion complicated? 

Don

Not really.
You just need to be very thorough on checking everything before you dedicate in your welds, cuts.
But time consuming for sure. I wouldn't have done it if the hood wasn't in such good shape.
Thanks.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2009 - 07:04:28 PM »
Last week I sprayed Rust Bullet on the inside of the interior. This week end I cut out an area to put the fresh air duct plate in. I almost forgot to get this done. A few recent threads reminded me I needed to do this.

For the hole to be cut, I found out that the Folgers container plastic top was the perfect size I needed. So I just scribed a pencil mark and saw zawed out the hole for  Tony, Fishin4cuda was kind enough to send me some dimensions showing me it's exact position when the fresh air duct is in place.

Then I went to the local hardware store and low and behold; the piece they had was a perfect match to the hole to weld into. There's a few rough inaccurate edges but those'ell get welded up later once the paint up inside dries. Then lastly, do a bead of flexible waterproof 3M sealer. After welded in, just cut out area painted in red for the flapper plate to clear.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014 - 08:35:43 PM by Topcat »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2009 - 10:00:01 PM »
Since the engine is still at the shop, I decided it was time to get some parts ready.

Back in 2000, this guy I hung out with, decided to get a hair up his arse and powder coat a bunch of my parts purple and pink while I was at work. Then surprise me. He thought he was doing me a favor since I told him I had plans to paint my Cuda Plum Crazy. He owned a powder coat shop. So now I'm going to be doing a lot of stripping of the front end parts.

Today I did the driveshaft as a test. Then painted it cast iron paint. I got a lot more front end parts to do.

A strip party at my place?   :bananasmi I'll buy the beer and food.  :bigsmile:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2009 - 04:15:31 PM »
Dat much more better!!!

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2009 - 05:50:28 PM »
 :iagree:     what are friends for, huh...    you`ve got some extra work to do with all the powder. That stuff sticks pretty good to metal...  :faint:    good part, it comes out great
*** Bart ***