Author Topic: Challenger Manual Convertible Top (Hold Down Catch)?  (Read 849 times)

Offline filmsurgeon

• Resto-Mod '70 Convertible Challenger
Challenger Manual Convertible Top (Hold Down Catch)?
« on: October 22, 2006 - 10:00:56 PM »
Members,

I am looking for information about my convertible top's "hold down clip or catch".  Inside the 'well', behind the rear seat, where the top resides when folded down, my '70 Challenger has, on either side, spring loaded retainer clips that hold down (secure) the convertible top.  The supports for the 'clip or catch' are 3/8" wide flat steel risers (about 6" in lenght) and are attached to the inside of the 'well'.  Attached to the top of these are solid nylon (or plastic) molded, square shaped 'clips' that snap to the top's frame to hold it tight in the well.  I need to replace one of them as it is damaged.  Included is a photo of the piece in question and a scan of page from a parts catalog indicating the part name and #.  I have been completely unsuccessful at trying to find these anywhere on the internet.

Any and all help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
1970 Challenger Convertible (JH27N0B); Resto-Mod; 605 HP, 412cid Small Block; Holley 750CFM Carburetor; A-833 23-spline 4-SPD; A-body 8.75 rear-end w/3.55 gears; 3" mini-tub; leaf spring relocation kit with split-leaf mono and Caltracs; American Racing AR500 Wheels, Rears = 15x10 (5.5" BS) with 315/60-15 BFG Comp T/A Drag Radials; Fronts = 15x7 (3.5" BS) with 215/70-15 BFG Radial T/A Radials.

Offline fastcc

Re: Challenger Manual Convertible Top (Hold Down Catch)?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006 - 04:49:03 AM »
I have seen them come up for sale a couple of times here and there so keep looking. I used a small short bolt on my cuda and put a nut on each side to adjust it out enough to catch to hold the top down wooks great that way. as a tempary fix. I havent worryed about mine because I plan to go power on mine.