Author Topic: (E Body) G Machine Picture Post  (Read 18642 times)

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
Re: (E Body) G Machine Picture Post
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006 - 12:17:42 PM »

'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006 - 12:26:10 PM »

Of course, let's not fool ourselves.  G-machines are much more than just wheels and tires.

To be a certified G-machine, you need:

- updated suspenions (rack and pinion definitely a PLUS!) w/at least, tubular a-arms and a sway bar
- Over drive transmission
- Comfort items (like A/C, power windows, great stereo)
- Big brakes (four-wheel discs), lightweight master cylinder
- Updated power plant.  Including things like aluminum heads, intake, al radiator, roller cam, EFI, etc.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006 - 04:37:45 PM »

Of course, let's not fool ourselves.  G-machines are much more than just wheels and tires.

To be a certified G-machine, you need:

- updated suspenions (rack and pinion definitely a PLUS!) w/at least, tubular a-arms and a sway bar
- Over drive transmission
- Comfort items (like A/C, power windows, great stereo)
- Big brakes (four-wheel discs), lightweight master cylinder
- Updated power plant.  Including things like aluminum heads, intake, al radiator, roller cam, EFI, etc.

Not all those apply to a G-machine.A G-machine is simply a car that corners and handles excellent so really only susupension,tires and wheels, and braking need to be upgraded.The overdrives,a/c,EFI and modernized custom interiors are more the Pro Touring scene which has some similarities but not the same.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006 - 04:40:00 PM by torredcuda »
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline willhaven

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006 - 06:37:03 PM »
If you want to get really technical, it's a car that can push an extra G force under accelleration, braking and turning. I guess it's technically not a true G machine until you can get 1 G in each.
Bumping the definition for the hardcore. :)

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006 - 04:57:59 AM »
absolutely DROOLIN, some nice calendar cars - fer sure,  :working: :picture: :droolingbounce:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006 - 11:21:04 AM »
My other G-machine

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006 - 09:28:31 PM »
This is the look I'm going for.This post has help very much, thank you all for replying.How does this differ from pro touring?  It's really all about the hidden performance qualities in the suspension/brake upgrades.  I see XV as the way right now. That silver one-Sickfish- is as close as any I've seen to my car vision.  I definately have a problem... :bricks1:   It sure is fun to dream. Cool thread cudaguy,thanks.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006 - 07:32:10 AM by IMNCARN82 »
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline crcarch

• Happiness is having the time and the money!
  • "No, it's not a Charger!"
    • A little history and restoration pics on Cardomain
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006 - 07:25:59 AM »
Here are a few to add.
00/===\00 73 Challenger 440-4V/AT  8/--+--\8 09 Ram 1500  0o\==/o0 05 Crossfire Roadster OO(#####SRT)OO 10 Challenger

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006 - 07:46:06 PM »
My take on the Pro-Touring vs. G-Machine debate:

Pro-touring is more of a idea of being able to go on long distance runs, through the country side, and so on with all the creature comforts of a modern day supercar, think A/C, leather, multi-media entertainment even. BMW comforts of sorts. The touring is derived from "touring" the roads in comfort while your vehicle is able to handle anything the road throws at you. The "Pro" aspect of the name is derived from the car being able to handle some G-machine duties, a really fun car to do a track day with but it's primary duties are cruising. Pro-touring cars are most likely to be an overdrive or more than 4 manual gears to aid in the selection of the perfect gear. Updated suspension but not necessarily a trick engine combo. It doesn't require pulling at least 1 g but it would require shiny paint job, better than stock handling and bling wheels are a must. Also big breaks are preferred because it fills the space that the large diameter wheels create, it is sometimes done to fit the Pro-touring "look".

G-Machines do require at least being able to pull at least 1 g on a skid pad. It is a no-limits style ride. If it isn't beneficial to the cars performance it is not required. The car will be balanced 50/50 as close as possible. The 17 inch and up wheels are not a must because a 16-17 incher is optimal for cornering. These cars can sometimes have only a drivers seat as they are track only or track/street. It will be a car that is more at home on the track than cruising. The suspensions are usually other than stock unless the vehicle had a really well designed factory suspension that is easily complimented with by high performance components. Exotic rear suspensions usually exist, like triangulated 3 and 4 bars and parralell 3 or 4 bars (not to be confuse with the 4 link wich is more at home in straight line vehicles). Heavily modified engines, big brakes for the performance aspect, and a transmision that gets the job done (they can have anything from 3-speed autos to 6 speed Jericos). They take thier "G" name from the skid-pad and are able to live and thrive in a corner heavy environment. A roll cage and restraining harness is recommend. Good paint is usually seen but isn't always a show quality job. This is open because paint niether helps nor hurts performance. It is not usually a car that you want to go on Power Tour with unless you are a hardcore hot rodder.

These two styles are very similar and often blended together. The result usually falls more on the Pro-touring side though. "Pro-G" if you will.

There has recently been some examples of a style I refer to as Rat-G. This style is a more radical take on G-machine. Anything that is not beneficial to the performance is simply not allowed. These cars will be primered or multi-colored un-finished bodies. They have a drivers seat and sheet metal layden interiors. The owners have the same school of thought as Rat Rod enthusiasts where primer-shiek is cool and sometimes completed in away that looks incomplete.

I currently fall under "non-running Rat-G" but, someday hope for it to be a "Pro-G".

Just my $0.02

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006 - 06:47:07 AM »
I saw this thread and thought you needed at least one of these G-Machines in action.....

And yes this car pulls over 1 G.  Even our Level I cars pull over a G, this one is Level II.

Enjoy!

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline crcarch

• Happiness is having the time and the money!
  • "No, it's not a Charger!"
    • A little history and restoration pics on Cardomain
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006 - 07:27:29 AM »
I saw this thread and thought you needed at least one of these G-Machines in action.....And yes this car pulls over 1 G.  Even our Level I cars pull over a G, this one is Level II.

Looks as flat as Kansas around those corners!  :thumbsup:
00/===\00 73 Challenger 440-4V/AT  8/--+--\8 09 Ram 1500  0o\==/o0 05 Crossfire Roadster OO(#####SRT)OO 10 Challenger

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006 - 02:42:06 PM »
I am an Alter-k-tion owner but I love what XV has done. They are both innovators.

That is a beautiful Challenger. I am surprised nobody has entered photos of any Delaney cars.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2006 - 07:43:27 PM »
And yes this car pulls over 1 G.  Even our Level I cars pull over a G, this one is Level II.

Enjoy!

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com
Acceleration, braking & cornering? Just trying to pry a little info.

Also, what engine was the XV1 running at the time? Tricked out 6.1?

Offline willhaven

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006 - 07:46:07 PM »
I am surprised nobody has entered photos of any Delaney cars.
I did on the first page. Do you happen to have any more pictures of his black AAR or the red 71? I've got a ton of pictures of the AAR but none with the hood down and not many decent ones of the underside of either car.

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006 - 07:18:23 AM »
Thanks John!!        I'll call when I win big!!   
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"