Author Topic: Package deal 73 Cuda  (Read 43812 times)

Offline farmboy70

Re: Package deal 73 Cuda
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2006 - 04:15:20 PM »
AH come on guy's it' s not a race  :grinno:,as long as we're all at Carlisle or the Nats it's all good :dogpile:!

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2006 - 08:39:07 PM »
Silverchally,with the weather coming our way,this is where we get left in the dust and farmboy pulls ahead . kind of like a hemi cuda lining up against a gremiln and a pinto  :roflsmiley:

Nice work dave your moving along well!   :bananasmi

I got a nice woodburner in the garage with a pile of logs!  But no way I can keep up the pace, been a month or so now and getting burn out!  My goal is Carlisle too, but it better be done before that!

Not a race, true, but my motivation is trying to keep up with you guys! :cheers:
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2006 - 08:05:49 AM »

Not a race, true, but my motivation is trying to keep up with you guys! :cheers:

Exactly, im loosing motovation. i have no garage. I'll maybe put the inner fender in but thats it. As much as i hate it, im probably going to have to pay the body shop to fit the rear valnce and fix a few more little rust spots becuase its just to cold etc. ill fix the fenders and have the motor freshly doen up on the rebuilt k frame suspension so in the spring when the car gets back from the body shop i can put the heart back into her.

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2006 - 11:34:19 AM »
Here is some updated pictures for now, I may go back for the rest of today before the football game and finish some grinding and dolley work. I am starting to feel the pinch of the holiday season. There is a lot of distractions at this time so I think progress may slow a bit untill after the first of the year.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2006 - 11:52:42 AM »
Here is some updated pictures for now, I may go back for the rest of today before the football game and finish some grinding and dolley work. I am starting to feel the pinch of the holiday season. There is a lot of distractions at this time so I think progress may slow a bit untill after the first of the year.

Forget about the football game. Our Steelers would be better off losing at this point to get a better draft pick.  :grinyes:  Keep working on the car.  :thumbsup: We love these update pics.  :woo:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2006 - 12:01:48 PM »
Comming together! you guys move quick!

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2006 - 02:20:49 PM »
Forget about the football game. Our Steelers would be better off losing at this point to get a better draft pick.  :grinyes:  Keep working on the car.  :thumbsup: We love these update pics.  :woo:

Mike
I'm going to give them until half time and then back to work if they don't show up!

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2006 - 05:50:13 PM »
I didnt even pay attention to the game, but they won :woohoo:  I was playing a trans am racing game online :roflsmiley:  Looking good, my welder is screwed up so no work for me :villagers:
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2006 - 03:46:59 PM »
Well here are some more pictures, it looks as though not much has changed. Accually since the last pictures the boltable parts have been mounted and test fitted, almost all of the metal work is complete except for the tail light inner mounting panels and jack attaching mounts. The whole car has been touch up blasted and metal etch cleaned, over the week-end I will epoxy the whole car. The trunk/gas tank panels came in today and are now installed, they fit perfectly to the new trunk panel. I also test fitted the wheel opening moldings, the fronts fit well the rears are going to need a little quarter panel messaging to fit.

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2006 - 04:02:42 PM »
In a few days you will see something like this, a big accomplishment for me when I got that far!
Grab a gun & shoot away! :clapping: Rich.

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2006 - 04:38:53 PM »
excellent work as always dave!

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2006 - 10:26:42 PM »
Well I admit defeat, I just can't keep up!   Looks great, can't wait to be done with the metal work!  Steelers won again too :cheers:
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline Kapteenikosmos

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2006 - 08:08:52 AM »
I have to admit that you guys are working in pretty impressive pace there. We need to donate silverchally a new mig welder so he can catch up farm boy  :rofl: No rest for the wicked!

But seriously, looks like you car is coming back together very soon farmboy. Looks very good!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006 - 08:40:26 AM by Kapteenikosmos »
1967 six banger Mustang
1973 Challenger (under restoration)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (daily driver)

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2006 - 08:25:04 AM »
Silver you welder broke too???Say it aint so! Mines been broke for almost a month. The motor is going, you'll be running a bead and it will just stop.Sometimes it takes 10-15 clicks on the trigger switch to get the motor to turn. What a pain, the motor is about $300! im just going to buy a new welder!

Dave,do you know where i can buy Cuda lower fender patches?

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2006 - 08:55:02 AM »
Not to hijack even further I just want to mention my cheapie Harbor Freight welder is still going strong after 3 years. I got it on sale for $159.00

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=6271

My friends $3000.00 Miller is down again  :misbehaving: