Author Topic: Package deal 73 Cuda  (Read 43818 times)

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
Re: Package deal 73 Cuda
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2006 - 09:11:17 AM »
74Chally,  Before you change that motor, check the contacts in the relay that clicks when you hit the trigger. The contacts could be bad.  If you get voltage at the motor, then it just need new brushes installed. Alot cheaper than a whole motor.

Lower Quarter patches?   Here for $69.00
Rob
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006 - 09:16:31 AM by shelbydogg »
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2006 - 10:51:06 AM »
Silver you welder broke too???Say it aint so! Mines been broke for almost a month. The motor is going, you'll be running a bead and it will just stop.Sometimes it takes 10-15 clicks on the trigger switch to get the motor to turn. What a pain, the motor is about $300! im just going to buy a new welder!

Dave,do you know where i can buy Cuda lower fender patches?

I was thinking of setting up a group buy on sheet metal if anyone is interested. I set up my shop as a Goodmark dealer last month. I haven't worked out the details yet, but if there is enough interest in something like this it is something we can try.
Dave
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006 - 10:54:22 AM by farmboy70 »

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2006 - 11:52:47 AM »
My welder is ok now, I think I got a bad spool of wire for one, just seems too thick and it keeps getting hung up.  The trigger switch was screwed up- and fixed that.  Then when the spool got stuck it weldd the wire to the liner... got that fixed.  But its ok now and been welding exhaust for another car.   74chall I'd check the switch just to be sure, cause mine did the same thing.  Its been worked more this past month than it has in 3-4 years combined. 

I do need some sheetmetal, but I'll probally I'll probally just get it order in the next week.  However I may want to get one or a pair of goodmark fenders when they come out.  I wish they had the rear underseat panel done, I fixed mine, but wish it was with a full pan. 
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2006 - 07:24:56 AM »
Kind of a quickie update for the week. I got the car in epoxy prime and started the filler work yesterday. The pictures are not the greatest, it got a lot of dust setting near another car we were working on. I'm hoping to get all the filler work done on the shell and into blocking primer this week. Christmas shopping today so nothing will get done.
Dave

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2006 - 07:37:26 AM »
Nice work, sure moving along good, can't wait to see it once you get it to the next stage.  :2thumbs:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2006 - 07:40:35 AM »
Looks great!!  Keep up the good work!   :dogpile:

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2006 - 08:03:00 AM »
WOW!!! now thats some progress. Big step right there.  looks great!

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2006 - 08:10:35 AM »
Had to run to the shop this morning and picked up a couple of pictures of the quarter panel. I really like the restoration posts they are a big help in keeping motivated. Thanks for all the encouragement and I hope my posts help in some way for everyone else, I know seeing all of yours has kept me going :worshippy

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2006 - 01:21:22 PM »
Great progress, but ya gotta slow down :roflsmiley:  I started to do the same to mine, but still need to install the trunk.  I hate sanding!
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2006 - 03:43:53 PM »
Well here we go with a update, it has been slow going since my last post. The holiday and other things have kept me from working on it much. After the new year it should start to see more progress. Happy holidays to everyone if I don't get back on here by then.
Dave

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2006 - 05:03:41 PM »
Looka like it's coming along quite nicely.
1974 Barracuda

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2006 - 07:17:54 PM »
Gettin there!  Not looking foward to doing what your doing now... and have 3 now that need it.
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2006 - 06:02:15 PM »
Hello everyone!!
 Got to put some time in on the car. I got a nice bit of help from one of my employees who was board over the holiday break. He came up and gave me a hand on some of the filler work. We drank more  :cheers:beer than worked but it was some help anyway.
 Any way the filler work is complete and I put it in blocking primer today. I will finish the driver side door and hood tomorrow and get it in primer.
  My step son disassembled the engine and we found it was rebuilt in 1981. The bearings are standard and the piston are 30 over.Heads appear to have larger valves also.
Next week we will mic everything to find what we need to order.
 Happy new year all!!!
Dave

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2006 - 09:19:13 PM »
Man I hate you!  I wish that was mine :roflsmiley:  Great progress :cheers:
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2006 - 09:55:26 PM »
I was thinking of setting up a group buy on sheet metal if anyone is interested. I set up my shop as a Goodmark dealer last month. I haven't worked out the details yet, but if there is enough interest in something like this it is something we can try.
Dave

I think this would be great if it allowed CC members to get a discount. BTW, I bought some front Chally fenders from Dragfish on Thursday. We met at Summit. I was going to stop up and show them to you on my was back through, and see if you wanted to work on them, but I had to get home, so I didn't get to come up. Happy New Year.