Author Topic: Package deal 73 Cuda  (Read 43820 times)

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
Re: Package deal 73 Cuda
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2006 - 07:41:30 AM »
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :droolingbounce:

Offline Travis72

« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2007 - 09:23:03 PM »
Looking good!!!

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2007 - 10:07:50 AM »
Here is the really fun work :grinno:
I started filling all the little rust pits that were left from blasting and  small dents. This is tedious and time consuming but has to be done.
 Should be ready to reprime it this week.
Dave

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2007 - 10:18:17 AM »
I think this would be great if it allowed CC members to get a discount. BTW, I bought some front Chally fenders from Dragfish on Thursday. We met at Summit. I was going to stop up and show them to you on my was back through, and see if you wanted to work on them, but I had to get home, so I didn't get to come up. Happy New Year.

I would be able to give a 10 % of the Goodmark listed price if you  or any member are interested.
Dave

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2007 - 10:28:41 AM »
 :pullinghair: I have been looking for a garage for months!! I can't work on my car!!!!! I sit here and watch everybody's rides....I can't take it!!!!!    :faint:   :worshippy    lookin good!! :2thumbs:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2007 - 12:31:31 PM »
Sure getting there fast!  Looks like fun work there, never did that myself :cheers:
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2007 - 09:05:43 PM »
Great progress Dave and thanks for keeping us updated on the process  :2thumbs:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2007 - 11:51:29 PM »
Amazing work and progress, Dave!!! :clapping: :woo:  That 'Cuda has come a long way and will look very nice once it's painted!!! :drool: :drool: :bigshades: :2thumbs: :cheers:  It'd be nice to get rolling again on my '73 Challenger, but I just received my next tuition bill. :faint: :hyper:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2007 - 04:07:52 AM »
It would be nice too get a rotiserie too. I think it would be a good investment. I got tired of eating stuff when wire wheeling the grime off.
Would it be too heavy with the doors on?

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2007 - 05:21:38 AM »
You should be OK with the doors on ,it's hard to see but one door is on in the pictures I posted. The other door is ready to go on as well.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2007 - 07:08:25 AM »
DAVE, aka MR. farmboy70, I just reviewed this entire thread & must say you are doing a GREAT JOB. Is body work your business? Do you do this for others? If so it would be nice to know what the charge/value of all the work you are doing would be. Thanks for sharing with us, and again GREAT JOB!  :2thumbs:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2007 - 10:49:36 AM »
Hi
Thank you for the complements.
I do run a body shop that works on Mopar muscle cars. The car that I'm posting on is my own car. I try to do a car for myself every two or three years, then sell it and move on to something else.
As far as pricing, I run off a preliminary estimate and will always hit with in about $1000.00, UNLESS the owner makes a radical change in the process OR the car is a recent repaint. Some times the estimate has to be done after the car is stripped to get a closer call on the price.
As far as what value on this car I have not kept up with billing hours on it because it is my own, I will do that at some point to know what I have in it.
Labor rates are different across the country but mine is $50.00.
Best guess on time so far would be about 225 hours.
Since 95 % of the work was done by myself and spread over shop time and free time the hours don't really work for figuring a price for the average car since my time is spread out and I can't keep a steady work arrangement on it. Meaning I back track a lot with my work on my own stuff.
Hope this is what you are looking for.
Dave

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2007 - 03:30:50 PM »
Thanks for shareing the hours and cost Dave, thats why I decided to do some of the work my self. I figured if I scraped all the undercoating off and did some of the easier stuff my self that would save a ton of money. However things such as quartes, painting, and finish sanding I think I will have someone else do, don't want to mess that stuff up.

Keep the updates coming  :2thumbs:

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2007 - 06:24:29 PM »
Thanks for shareing the hours and cost Dave, thats why I decided to do some of the work my self. I figured if I scraped all the undercoating off and did some of the easier stuff my self that would save a ton of money. However things such as quartes, painting, and finish sanding I think I will have someone else do, don't want to mess that stuff up.

Keep the updates coming  :2thumbs:
That is one of the things I tell my customers, if they have the drive to do it bring me the car stripped of the chrome,interior removed ,engine out ect. They can save a pile of money also clean and detail as much as they can because it all adds up. Some enjoy the hands on some don't want to be bothered either way it works out.
Dave

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2007 - 10:19:46 PM »
A friend of mine is having some local mopar restorer do his challenger and the guy told him to do that work before it got to him, he wanted nothing to do with it :roflsmiley:
70 challenger project
68 satellite