Author Topic: Whats in store for my broken fish  (Read 1990 times)

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
Re: Whats in store for my broken fish
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006 - 12:30:28 PM »
Check out  firmfeel.com  I would add a rear sway bar too if you don't have one already.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006 - 12:50:32 PM »
 Sounds like a pretty good list Goody, are those CE subframe connectors the ones that follow the floor lines and look stock?
 Also I would REALLY think about selling that 509 cam and getting one of the Engle cams instead. I've never been very impressed with the performance of the 509 cams. It's always the same complaint, lack of bottom end and a very small power band. There's just alot better cams out there.
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006 - 01:00:47 PM »
Check out  firmfeel.com  I would add a rear sway bar too if you don't have one already.

Looks like your workin on makin that list longer  :lol: I'll check it out.

Sounds like a pretty good list Goody, are those CE subframe connectors the ones that follow the floor lines and look stock?
 Also I would REALLY think about selling that 509 cam and getting one of the Engle cams instead. I've never been very impressed with the performance of the 509 cams. It's always the same complaint, lack of bottom end and a very small power band. There's just alot better cams out there.

On the 509, yea there are better cams out there no doubt. Basically tossing the 360 together so its in the car, and i can upgrade it later to the roller setup and such. The 509 i HAVE and will work...ok, i got it with the motor. I also have the cam in my 318 (480lift/280duration) i can run if i felt. Its very budget orientated on everything except the intake and the actual bottom end. And the subframes are just regular ol subframes not the fancy ones. I have repop floor pans in there so the 'follow the stock floor contour' wont do me much good.
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline kamstra

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006 - 06:58:40 AM »
Well...i have big gears, big stall and will have manual brakes. So sounds right up my alley  :ylsuper:, I have 3.91s witha  low gear set in the 904 and a 9 1/2" dynamic converter that footbrakes to 3,500rpm with the 318. Nothing I've bought in like the past year (performance wise) has been planned for the 318, its been planned to support a bigger motor....which, here we are. Hense why i have 3/8" fuel line head to toe with a blue pump, the s/s springs w/adj drag shocks, the converter, the gearing, alum radiator with a nice elect fan, etc, etc  :bigshades:

Sounds great, it'll be fun and shred tires!  :22yikes: (PS Don't run too tall a tire)
1970 Barracuda Convertible
1968 Road Runner

Offline Hopalong

• HEAD OFF! Apply directly to the neck line!
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006 - 03:28:33 PM »
You might look to Hughes for a cam, I have used a couple of them and liked them a lot.  They take advantage of the lifter size in a Mopar instead of using chevy lobes on a Mopar timed cam stick.  A big rig truck store can de-arch your super stock springs if want to get a little lower, but it is a trial and error kind of deal to get the ride height you want.  But it will not hurt the spring rate.  Tubular upper control arms would make for a great investment, as well as the reinforcement plates for the lowers.  Sounds like you will have a killer budget car when you are done!  Good luck! 
{oo/===\oo}

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006 - 12:52:21 PM »

I'm not sure if Mike wants to do this.  If he still plans on bracket racing often, you won't want ANY sway bars.  They limit the suspension.  Often times guys will disconnect the front sway bar for better track times, weight transfer etc...
I think a rear sway bar will become a hassle if he gets one and has to disconect it at the track.  I may be wrong on this so do some research, but I say no rear bar unless you are going into road racing and more street driving.  I'd go with this rear bar if you were looking http://www.firmfeel.com/swaybars_e.htm
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline Hopalong

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006 - 01:12:09 PM »
Actually, a rear bar may help at the track.  It will help stabilize the body and keep it from rolling over to one side during launch.  This should, in theory, help the car put weight over both wheels and track straighter.
{oo/===\oo}

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006 - 02:39:49 PM »
Actually, a rear bar may help at the track.  It will help stabilize the body and keep it from rolling over to one side during launch.  This should, in theory, help the car put weight over both wheels and track straighter.

So you would want a rear bar over a front bar IF you were running at a track a lot?  I can see how a rear bar will equalize body roll by torque of the axle, but I think running a front AND rear together mightnot yield the same results.  Very interesting discussion, possibly some experimentation in the future.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline Hopalong

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006 - 09:10:49 PM »
It may do more good at the rear if a suspension other than a leaf type were being used.  I have seen a few rear sway bar set ups for 4 link style cars (factory mustang), but not much for leaf spring cars.  Still, I would think that the same principals would apply.
{oo/===\oo}

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006 - 09:37:13 PM »
A sway bar should make very little difference at the track to hinder performance, except add weight. It would be a plus to have for sure.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline BARACDA

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006 - 12:23:35 AM »
I'm not sure if Mike wants to do this.  If he still plans on bracket racing often, you won't want ANY sway bars.  They limit the suspension.  Often times guys will disconnect the front sway bar for better track times, weight transfer etc...
I think a rear sway bar will become a hassle if he gets one and has to disconect it at the track.  I may be wrong on this so do some research, but I say no rear bar unless you are going into road racing and more street driving.  I'd go with this rear bar if you were looking http://www.firmfeel.com/swaybars_e.htm

If he is just going to bracket and not heads-up then it doenst make a diff about the sway bars unless its affecting wheel spin and ultimately the 60' times.  Thats why its bracket racing, right?

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006 - 01:25:54 AM »
Sorry guys, but I'm not quite looking to make a corner carver out of it. That can be added on somewhere down the road. looking to get the car done as to the list pretty much so i can get beatin on it again  :burnout:. And ive never actually done a bracket race. just for fun  :bigsmile:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link