Would you trade????

Author Topic: Would you trade????  (Read 3675 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Would you trade????
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006 - 06:25:14 PM »
Like I said, buy it play with it, get bored with it then sell it before it rusts again. It's your money,cars and life. As Howie says....DEAL OR NO DEAL ....Look at the ladies  oops my phone is ringing.....uhhh he says 318 barracuda vert in primer no engine?  Questionable panel welds? Needs to be finished? 15k and that's my final offer.

Oh just curious, what's a 340 stroker? Are you destroking a 383?  And remember. Cubes rule !!!!  Even the small block guys stroke em out to be wanna be big blocks :burnout: :woohoo:

Offline BARACDA

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006 - 08:15:13 PM »
If you want a vert then get one.  To me there is nothing more fun to drive around on to shows, dinner, sunday morning drives etc than a vert.  I do agree with Moparal that if you want a hotrod to beat on then get a car that wont be a problem if you mess with it.

Mine is a 70 but it has been a blast that both my kids and wife like to go places with me in.

Offline kamstra

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006 - 09:02:04 PM »
I would go with the vert.  I love driving with my family with the top down.  Nothing is nicer imho.
I built a mild 408 stroker and although I don't thrash it everytime I drive, I don't baby it by any means.  No worries yet. 

I liked my hardtop too
1970 Barracuda Convertible
1968 Road Runner

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006 - 09:25:59 PM »
I think both are awesome cars but would not do the trade.  If anything I would sell the shaker car outright and hunt down a vert.  You would most likely end up with a more complete vert for the money. 
:iagree:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline ESGEE

• 1970 Challenger RT/SE
    • SG´s site
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006 - 05:17:16 PM »
I wouldent trade :bigsmile:
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B196875)
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B115166)
70 Challenger SE(RT/SE clone)
69 Charger RT/SE 4speed Trackpac
70 Charger 500

Offline gcone

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006 - 06:26:19 PM »
All in all, I gotta agree primarily with Moparal...if you can buy it right, keep (or get) it in tip-top shape, I should be a safe investment-you can always sell it and go back to a hardtop.

I also support the philosopy that there is no replacement for displacement.  My HemiCuda is stock, outside of aluminum heads and headers.  It dyno's 391hp to the ground-I just built a 360 for my 71 Demon...bored .040 & stroked-it puts out 413hp on the same dyno.   While the Demon will lauch its way to 50mph much faster than the Cuda, the 426 torque in the Cuda throws you back in the seat yet at 70mph.   Go big, my man-go big!!
71 Tored Plymouth Hemi Cuda Rec.
69 Hemi Orange Dodge Charger RT
70 Calypso Coral Ford BOSS 302 Rec.
71 Bright Red Dodge Demon 340
70 Red Chevrolet Chevelle SS Convertible (L78)
05 Black C6 Vette Convertible
07 Black Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible
07 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
08 Black Dodge Challenger...on order@12/04/07

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006 - 06:51:34 PM »
well i haven't heard back from him yet.. after he said he was putting it back together. Remember, my car has been stripped down to metal & primered so he wouldn't be getting a "done" car either.. although I do have some jing in the drive train.

71fish
71fish - Nobody better than an E-BODY!!

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006 - 08:04:41 PM »
I see where it might be hard to decide. I'm trying to trade my 72 340-4sp A/C 'Cuda for a 71 Challenger Vert.  I've always wanted to build a Pace Car clone and this is my chance to do it.  He is still waiting for Pics but right now I'm on the fence.  I've never had a convertible. I remember a couple in the '80s that did have some BAD door alignment issues.  I do drive my cars hard and my '72 Cuda is the first Cuda that I've ever owned. I've had many Challengers.  I agree with some of the others; Keep your N96 '71 and try to find a way to buy the convertible. This way, if the vert isn't as fun as you thought it might be, you wont hate yourself for selling your baby.

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006 - 08:24:35 AM »
Rob - If I could, I would. All he needs to do is throw in a drive train for a quick 50k on the barracuda vert. There are in sooo demand that buying it is out of the question. He already has a buyer for his car, but I told him I would only trade for a solid 71 vert.  This way I can build a 4-spd as well.

Nothing definitive yet..

71fish

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006 - 09:28:03 AM »
Back in the day before the vert prices went sky high I liked the hardtops better.
But if it's a money thing maybe the vert will be a better deal in the long run. Sounds to me though you might spend as much money fixing the vert up as you would get selling it.
Pete

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006 - 11:17:02 AM »
It is NOT a money thing. A black 71 barracuda vert is my favorite of all. I'm not a purist where #'s matching mean a whole heck of a lot. I build them to drive them. Smokem if you got'em.

I just would like to cruise w/ my family in a vert. We used to drive the shaker cuda everyweekend, for any reason. It's great. A 71 vert would be just as great. I'll concede more dough will have to go into this car, but it's a slight upgrade over my Cuda. I'd luv to turn this into a 340 4-spd clone. Oh course it would be TX9.. w/ billboards. It's already got the metal repo shaker hood, but would have to buy the expensive shaker, ring & baseplate.

Also, this may be a project for my young son & I as he gets older. just thinking out loud, but it is NOT a money thing for sure. Also, I would not do it for a 70 vert. I just like TX9 71 barracuda verts. I'll post a pic or 2 of it.

71fish

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006 - 11:24:14 AM »
Here are some pics. He just finished adding the 1/4. The rockers, frame doors are all solid, The floor has a genuine chrysler 1-piece floor put in. Has all the parts.. 71 grille & trim, valance, metal shaker hood  & trim ring. 8 3/4 rear. less the drive train. My shaker cuda is in primer needs body work to be completed to paint.

This vert is a real 71 318, TX9 vert. I luv the black. He has buildsheet & fender tag.

71fish

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006 - 02:33:12 PM »
just emailed w/ the guy.. he said he still wants to trade, but his buddy wants him to test the ebay waters. I'm like, it goes on ebay & we have no deal. I'm taking my ad off cudaworld now. If this doesn't work, no more trades..

I left the guy w/.. it'll make a nice "clone"  lol   :roflsmiley: Actually I'd love to get the car, but I'll be happy w/ my black shaker cuda.. once it's painted.

71fish

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006 - 06:01:33 PM »
Now the title is still signed by the guy he bought the car from (who lived in PA). Will this pose and problems w/ a title transfer??
-71fish

I do know that the signature on a PA title HAS to be notarized, no ifs, ands, or butts.  A good buddy of mine bought a Duster from a guy in PA and didn't know the signature had to be notarized on the title.  He then had to try to hunt the guy down, drive all the way there again, and have it notarized so he could get it on the road.  Just be sure that the previous owner of the rag top had his signature notarized. 

April

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006 - 08:49:55 PM »
Well, I took the jump and bought the 71 Challenger Convertible that I was talking about. I talked to the seller and the car had come from Missouri, So I'll be bringing it back home to build a Clone PACE CAR out of it.  The auction stalled at $9000, so he made me an offer and I jumped at it.  I didn't want it to get away like '71Fish's deal did.

Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160046246521&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.search.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D160046246521%26fvi%3D1

It's a 318 -auto, A/C, power window car. It comes with all of the parts but I have to convert it to a white interior with Hemi-Orange paint and the Pace Car decals. I have extra 4-speed stuff too so it'll probably end up with an 833 Overdrive, pistol gripped, fuel-injected 340 with welded in frame connectors.

Here is a picture of my vert. and a picture of a Pace Car.

Rob
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006 - 12:42:45 AM by shelbydogg »
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0