Author Topic: With everyones cars tucked in for winter  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
With everyones cars tucked in for winter
« on: October 30, 2006 - 09:31:28 PM »
Mine will be out and about keeping up the MOPAR tradition of whooping up on anything with a flowmaster on it. I took some chevy guys for a ride in my challenger today. One at a time. There Spinksters were pinching the vynil trying to hold on. I had to laugh, it's my slowest car. But it should run a 12. So If ya need a baby sitter for yer lil cars, big brother hear will take care of the light work for ya. Long as tires are under 150 each and fuel under 6 bucks a gallon, that big block of mine is going to get thrashed and thrown up on anything around.  I really love how close the trees are to the roads around here. It's like tunnel vision, and the scenery changes very fast on acceleration. I should of used my cell phone camera and took a picture of the Nova driver when I hit second. I start the car up around here and the guys act like you said   EF Hutton. They just quietly stare and smile.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2006 - 09:33:52 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: With everyones cars tucked in for winter
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006 - 09:39:23 PM »
It is alot of fun isn't it!!    :bananasmi  :bananasmi  :bananasmi

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006 - 09:41:57 PM »
I'm a big over grown kid. I can not go 2 days without driving my cars.  It is very fun and exciting.

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006 - 11:07:00 PM »
I can relate to wanting to drive my Mopar cars. I had my Cuda out Saturday, my Challenger out sunday and then it was so nice on Monday I got the challenger out again and went for another ride. I can't get enough of my driving my MOPAR'S.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006 - 11:19:56 AM »
I'm a big over grown kid. I can not go 2 days without driving my cars.  It is very fun and exciting.
:iagree:
I've only owned my car for a couple of days now, but every night I go home, pull it out of the garage and take it for a 10 minute cruz, just to enjoy the ride.  It's awesome!  :lol2:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006 - 11:31:37 AM »
Ah i'd be right up there with you guys drivin mine. But since its hurt its gonna be awhile, i'll probably have it mobile enough to move, ill have to go around the block a couple times.  :crying:

i'm jealous  :cheers:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006 - 12:07:41 PM »
I took mine to work today.  Seeing how it is Halloween and my car is Orange, I thought it fitting.  Probably one of the very last times out.  Starting up in 40* weather really fouls the plugs and now the car is running pretty crappy.  FI here I come!  That and some interior work will be the winters project.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006 - 01:43:24 PM »
Ever since I got my Challenger out of storage and running again, it WILL NOT sit for more than a two week period with out me driving it.  Since Georgia weather is a little unpredictible, I have to play it by ear.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006 - 05:59:54 PM »
Ah i'd be right up there with you guys drivin mine. But since its hurt its gonna be awhile, i'll probably have it mobile enough to move, ill have to go around the block a couple times.  :crying:

i'm jealous  :cheers:

Mike, When you move to florida, stop by my place in alabama onyer way through. I will let you take my big block for a test run/ride. You may want to just Take my complete drive train out and take it home with you. Exhaust and all 2500 or 3k installed. Nothing like a new bb to get you movin. :bigsmile:  Or I can build you a combo easy enough...ALAN

Offline 1fastsixpack

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006 - 07:23:04 AM »
 I just parked the Challenger for thr winter. Here in northern Mi winter starts early and ends late !! It will be 6 months before its out again.  :hyper: Someday hope to have a place in south and will take the car with me for the winter.

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006 - 07:39:42 AM »
Down in Florida, we put them away for Hurricanes and hope they survive. :22yikes:

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006 - 07:57:23 AM »
BlackCuda, you from FL?  I'm in Orlando......
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline matt63

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006 - 08:34:16 AM »
I took mine for a spin this weekend too (not really)
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline 41husk

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006 - 12:41:07 PM »
I can relate to wanting to drive my Mopar cars. I had my Cuda out Saturday, my Challenger out sunday and then it was so nice on Monday I got the challenger out again and went for another ride. I can't get enough of my driving my MOPAR'S.
yep the weather was great down here this weekend, We took the Charger to O'Fallon went to the show went't to Gateway classic cars and looked around, just drove her all over, Can't wait to get the Challenger convertible done for days like Sunday!
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Clone 440/727
1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible 340/727
1977 Dodge D-700 Car Hauler 361/5spd
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.1/auto

Offline 70RTdroptop

• 1970 Challenger R/T 440-SixPack
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006 - 04:56:52 PM »
Yeah, it's the pits when us folks up north have to say goodbye to driving our cars for 6 months out of the year. That just means we drive them twice as hard and twice as fast the rest of the year! :biggrin:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440-6 convertible
1966 Ford Mustang convertible  - numbers matching (wife's car )