Author Topic: Overhaulin' Challenger is Home!  (Read 67261 times)

Offline moper

• Resident
Re: Overhaulin' Challenger is Home!
« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2007 - 07:03:59 AM »
How about we get a video of it doing donuts in a commuter parking lot! :bigsmile: I do hope it will be driven...lol.

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2007 - 07:08:59 AM »
Will you have to display it as a part of the Overhaulin agreement? I've noticed a lot of the other cars at big shows around the country.
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2007 - 07:44:11 AM »
Goody....drop me a line when you want to go crusin'......I'm about 30 minutes from you and I'm sure we could find a car show or do breakfast one morning.....I'll get my neighbor to take his 68 barracuda (528 hemi in it) or his 69 dart (440 that I'll be buying).....tell me that wouldn't turn heads down the road.....your dad's chally (or your cuda), my cuda and a 68 barracuda or 69 dart......nice..... :2thumbs:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2007 - 08:29:38 AM »
More pics please!   :drool:
Kyle

:grinyes:  :iagree:   :grinyes:

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2007 - 09:34:14 AM »
Goody,
Gotta say I love the car and I'm jealous as all get out!  :thumbsup:Drive that thing!

Give us a real report of what that 392 feels like!

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2007 - 09:54:06 AM »
 :droolingbounce: SWAEEEEEEEEEEET!mike i bet your dad is glad to have it home.sure looks good sitting in your driveway.watch out though miami vice may want to do a show with that car.  :roflsmiley: J/K. WOULD LOVE TO TAKE A SPIN IN ER....DAVE...
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2007 - 10:03:45 AM »
So basically a 7 day "Overhaul" actually takes 4-1/2 months :villagers: :villagers: :villagers:

Just Kidding - if any  one wants to Overhaul my 70 Pro Street Challenger or my 72 RR Clone, I'd be glad to wait 5 months as long as the results are a nice as Goody's Dad's  :bigsmile:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2007 - 11:08:34 AM »
No doubt. That is about 4 years and 6 montsh faster than my current build and is a whole lot nicer.

Just to be nosy, who pays for these overhauls?

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2007 - 12:13:18 PM »
No doubt. That is about 4 years and 6 montsh faster than my current build and is a whole lot nicer.

Just to be nosy, who pays for these overhauls?

I know the owner pays all of the taxes, but I am not sure of the rest.  My guess would be that most of the parts are donated by the companies to get their name on TV.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #234 on: March 25, 2007 - 07:37:46 AM »
My guess would be that most of the parts are donated by the companies to get their name on TV.

Absolutely my thoughts. It's basically a 1 hour advertisement for the latest parts in the hobby. A Sema in your living room. ;) I know one thing for sure, it's not for the love, someone is getting money/business for it, either way.

Also, like American Chopper a lot of the money goes to the channel. For the Chopper boys it's Discovery that "made" them who they are today. People watch the show, Discovery gets paid, they get paid, the OCC boys get paid. If they all work together, everyone is happy including the viewers. It's a nice win/win situation.

:thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2007 - 03:28:24 PM »
Well,  the tracks are all open down there, so how fast is that thing? Goody, I was wondering how heavy it is. If you take it to the track put it on the scales....Good Luck, maybe a 12 second run....

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2007 - 06:07:54 PM »
With traction it should...should i say turn atleast a low 12 with hook. It is 100hp more than a stock SRT8 charger/300c that will turn a 12.90 stock. However given it is what it is, my dad has never really been into drag racing, rather cruising...it'll never see the track anytime soon.

Got most of it dialed in today, there wasn't much to do. Set the presets on the AirRide controller, fixed the upper radiator hose issue, fixed the turn signal switch, got rid of the abundant slack in the throttle cable, and some other minor stuff. First time i've tinkered on something with my dad in about four years.  First time we've just gone cruising ever  :bigsmile:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #237 on: March 25, 2007 - 06:11:41 PM »
What's gonn be cool is when you BOTH get to cruise in your own cars, show up at a cruise-in or car show together.  :2thumbs:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2007 - 11:22:14 AM »
Mike here is an area I lack in ...strip racing...Dialing in ..exactly how do you...Dial In?
Not to be dumb but we used to rack on back country roads and we used two cars two drivers a flagman and a getaway car...4 people min and you are set...meat later settle up and move on with life...
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2007 - 11:42:46 AM »
When you go to the track you will get 2, maybe 3, timed passes before eliminations. Take these runs, review variables such as driver's ability to cut a light, temp, wind, etc, make a prediction of what your next run would be time wise based on the above variables, and then post it on the car and try to run that number. Sand bagging by posting a slower number than you can run causes you to break out, or run quicker than your prediction, which could eliminate you. To win at bracket racing, two things are of paramount importance; cutting a good light, i.e. leaving as close to the actual green light coming on as possible, which means actually dropping the hammer before the green comes on. And running as close to your dial in as possible. It matters not if you run 8 seconds or 25 seconds, so long as you run right on it. This is where familiarity with your car becomes a big advantage.

I've actually found that being a slower car can work to your advantage. The faster car must wait in the staging lights until his green comes on. This gives him time to get and more and more anxious about leaving which can result in red lights and break outs as they try to catch you on the top end.