Author Topic: Need help Choosing Color  (Read 5937 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Need help Choosing Color
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006 - 09:20:18 PM »

White and Silver are the easiest cars to keep clean. Black, grey, maroon, dark green, etc are the hardest.
I can't even tell when Lucy or any of my White cars I've owned have been through gravel roads.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Mark 12:30

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006 - 09:20:46 PM »
sublime and plum crazy are my favorit colors on a chally. But id like to see a 70 440 in PPG's "concept black" it's the blackest paint you can get. with all the chrome and some 5 stars. just looks mean, and with a big block it can back it up!  :drool:
Well any mopar looks good in black!

Offline Robb

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006 - 09:23:33 PM »

White and Silver are the easiest cars to keep clean. Black, grey, maroon, dark green, etc are the hardest.
I can't even tell when Lucy or any of my White cars I've owned have been through gravel roads.

I was referring to White interior.   not Exterior being kept clean.

FWIW:
White exteriors are also considered earth tones.   

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006 - 09:41:44 PM »

I see, my bad.  :2thumbs:

Earth tone, Bright White? Huh, Cool, it's all good with me what people consider, I love it!
It's the colour of peace and freedom.  :smokin:

:woo:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006 - 10:38:25 PM »
I think alot more people like burnt orange than some would think.  Mines going to be triple black, but if it was originally burnt orange its probally be done that way, easiest decision when my car is green :roflsmiley:
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006 - 05:41:44 AM »
Send pics of the truck to arpdarp@bright.net
Thanks,
Tony
Tony,  I'll shoot some oics of it this weekend for you.

Thanks
Gary
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006 - 07:49:38 AM »
Is the 318 the original #'s matching motor? If so, I would toss that in the sale and paint it the original color scheme. It's a differently optioned, original color car...I think that would give you the best ROI.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006 - 08:17:47 AM »
Is the 318 the original #'s matching motor? If so, I would toss that in the sale and paint it the original color scheme. It's a differently optioned, original color car...I think that would give you the best ROI.
Actually,it's a 318 car with a 383 currently sitting in it. I bought it from a guy that had the best of intentions but never got a roundtuit.  Actually started to pull it apart last night and can honestly say it is the most rust free E-Body I've had to date - and at last count I've had at least 30 pass through my hands.   It's got all original sheet metal and only a little spec of rust in one lower quarter - not even enough to really talk about.  It needs one small patch on the driver's front floor pan and that's it.  The hood is trashed from a fender bender and some doofas cut into the top of the cowl (looks like to run speaker wire if you can believe that).  I should be able to weld up any patches in a mater of a couple of hours and then get on to the massaging of the dings & dents.

Looks like the crowd pretty much says to go back to FK5 so that's probably what I'll do.

Nest question - to Six Pack the 440 or leave it a 4 barrel????? :cooldancing:

kudakidd

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006 - 07:31:05 PM »
these threads make me laugh. Like you're really gonna let a bunch of people on a website dictate what color you're gonna paint YOUR car.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006 - 07:49:04 PM »
Plum /white interior

orange/white interior....

71challengher

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006 - 07:57:06 PM »
My 1st E-body was a 70 Gran Coupe , Burnt Rust with Burnt Rust Houndstooth interior. I loved that combo. :2thumbs: I think my brother still has that interior.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006 - 07:59:43 PM »
these threads make me laugh. Like you're really gonna let a bunch of people on a website dictate what color you're gonna paint YOUR car.

Maybe you missed the point of the poll - I am building the car to sell and I want to know what the best Return On Investment will be colorwise.  In other words, I am asking everyone if they saw this car for sale, when it's done, what color would make them most likely to buy it.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006 - 08:02:13 PM »
My 1st E-body was a 70 Gran Coupe , Burnt Rust with Burnt Rust Houndstooth interior. I loved that combo. :2thumbs: I think my brother still has that interior.

Your brother still ha sthe interior?  What is he doing with it?  Is it just laying around? Would he'd like to sell it, or maybe you'd like to sell it if it's still yours? My interior was redone in early 80's red and black velour and I need to redo it anyways...

71challengher

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006 - 08:27:53 PM »
I'm talking to my brother right now. He has the seats, seat belts, door panels . back panels , console. I don't know what will fit from the 70 Barracuda to a Challenger. I'll PM you his phone #.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006 - 08:39:53 PM »
I'm talking to my brother right now. He has the seats, seat belts, door panels . back panels , console. I don't know what will fit from the 70 Barracuda to a Challenger. I'll PM you his phone #.

Thanks.  The seats, seat backs, console and seat belts will fit.