Author Topic: Reality Sets In...  (Read 1848 times)

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
Reality Sets In...
« on: November 03, 2006 - 02:22:32 PM »
When I  bought my 'Cuda last weekend, it didn't really hit me as to what I bought.  I mean I knew I was buying a 'Cuda and what it had and all, but the other "things" that go with it have finally hit me this week.

I've taken my car out 3 times this week on "pleasure" rides.  EVERY time, and I do mean EVERY time, that I stopped to get gas, something to drink, a red light, someone would tell me how nice the car is or want to talk shop with me for 5-10 minutes.  People I don't even know have been waiting for me to get out of the store just to say hi and to see what size motor is in it an where I got it from. 

I don't think that new cars get this type of attention.  Even when the new Challengers come out, I just don't think the "look" and "sound" will be there like these old cars.  Truely originals and priceless experiences in my opinion.

It's been truely amazing thus far and I can only hope that others get to enjoy this same feeling and excitement that I get now when I drive my 'Cuda  :bigsmile:.
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline pink panther

• Resident
Re: Reality Sets In...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006 - 02:25:19 PM »
Congrats RDF and welcome to reality!  Nothing sounds like an old mopar that is for sure. 
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006 - 02:30:41 PM »
Earlier this year I was putting gas in my car when a 20-ish kid in a Honda Civic started putting gas into his car next to me. He said "nice car". I said thanks. Then as I was about to leave, he said, "I bet I at least get better gas mileage than you".  :smilielol:  He had me there. I had nothing to say, I just laughed.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006 - 02:33:44 PM »
Earlier this year I was putting gas in my car when a 20-ish kid in a Honda Civic started putting gas into his car next to me. He said "nice car". I said thanks. Then as I was about to leave, he said, "I bet I at least get better gas mileage than you".  :smilielol:  He had me there. I had nothing to say, I just laughed.

Mike

:roflsmiley:  you speechless Mike?  wow, I guess it was true though.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline RDF

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006 - 02:42:14 PM »

Mike

Ha, my friends will say that to me when i gas up my expedition, but I usually fire back "Yeah well where do you keep the batteries in that thing?" or " Atleast my car doesn't double as a lawn mower!"

Lots of laughs from them....
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:

Offline inot2old

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006 - 03:39:11 PM »
Bob, I'm glad you're enjoying the car.  Have you gotten anybody wanting to buy it yet?  I used to get that all the time.  They are sure attention getters, and when you go to shows, you don't have to worry about there being 10 more just like it.

'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006 - 04:01:37 PM »
I'm glad you're having a great time with the car.  I know we can all relate and have the same experiences as we drive around in our mopars.  Mopar reality is awesome!  So...you still got the mopar grin on your face??  :bigsmile:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline RDF

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006 - 04:54:29 PM »
I'm glad you're having a great time with the car.  I know we can all relate and have the same experiences as we drive around in our mopars.  Mopar reality is awesome!  So...you still got the mopar grin on your face??  :bigsmile:

Yeah, just about every time I see it.... :bigsmile:

Bob, I'm glad you're enjoying the car.  Have you gotten anybody wanting to buy it yet?  I used to get that all the time.  They are sure attention getters, and when you go to shows, you don't have to worry about there being 10 more just like it.

Bill,
 I haven't had anyone ask if it's for sale, but I'm sure that will come in due time.  I agree about going to a car show with it, it is sure to be the only one!  I'll be replacing the valve cover gaskets this weekend, it's got a small leak when on the highway or if you get on it.  You can really smell it hitting the headers, so it's almost definately valve covers.

I've got a place that can dyno the car too, only $50 bucks for 3 runs.  It will be interesting to see how it does.  I'm mainly doing it so when I build my 440 for it I can sell the 360, but be able to give some stats to the seller.

Did you get your 71 yet?  That sure looks like a sweet deal  :drool: :drool:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

My build:

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006 - 05:17:48 PM »
 :useless: Sorry I didn't see your car
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline RDF

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006 - 05:45:24 PM »
Bob

1973 'Cuda

My build:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006 - 05:52:32 PM »
Get used to it,everybody loves our old Mopars even though some brand x guys won`t admit it!   :smilielol:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006 - 07:22:06 AM »
 :roflsmiley: UH, Bob, can we assume then that your are hooked and have been bit by the Mopar sting of reality, that ya now own one of the best cars ever made. BTW, they are a fun too.....  :smilielol:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006 - 09:14:09 AM »
Love it!!   :bananasmi

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006 - 11:38:48 AM »
That is why we all own them , they are different & attract a lot of attention

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline bigblock4speedman

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006 - 12:26:43 PM »
It sure is funny when I went somewhere, anywhere in the Challenger, people look at it a while and say wow!  what kind of car is that?!  I sure wish I didn't have to sell her when I get her back together.  At least I still have my 70 440 4 speed Cuda!!!