Author Topic: Nice lil find find on the outskirts of town  (Read 32158 times)

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
Re: Nice lil find find on the outskirts of town
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2007 - 01:47:45 PM »

Maybe he's too busy doing the restoration?  :dunno:

Too busy or not, we demand an update  :rofl: J/K.........................like I should talk  :misbehaving: :walkaway:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Chopz

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007 - 05:22:59 PM »
LOL, sry to post and run guys.  I've been in Africa for a month, and with the restoration and everything , I've had alot going on.  I have had a few run-ins with people that knew the guy that owns the car(who now lives in California) and they have said that the guy is a total jackass.  From what I am told, he says he's not selling,fixing, or moving the car.  He just wants it to rot!!! I still have yet to talk with the guy myself, but when I do I will update you for sure.  There is also a lil barn next to the cars with several mopar engines, and all kinds of misc. parts just thrown around, looks like someone left in a hurry. 

Sorry again for the long delay, I've been crazy busy.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2007 - 08:05:41 PM »
My gosh and update!  Sounds like a real   :poopoke:

I know a guy like that.  '73 'cuda 340 4 spd #'s matching rotting to the ground.  There's no way in he!! that ones moving either.  Its really too bad. 

Offline Volvolution

• mmmm.... fried rice....
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2007 - 12:03:26 AM »
What is it with these people? its just common sense! but, then again, alot of the people who have these cars either don't know or care and you can't convince them otherwise even with a big stick or cold hard cash ( :horse: I know from experience), or they're just tired and sick of it and really don't give a ___________ what happens to it. but, if they are like that, it still just makes logical sense to give it to someone who would use it........ RRRRRRRRRR!!!!  :stomp:  :swear: :smokin: :screwy: ???  :pullinghair: It just makes no sense to me........

the old-school solution to these folks:  :villagers:

... but you can't do that anymore.
oh....... too many cars. not enuff money... not enough time....

{oo/======\oo}

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2007 - 02:45:16 PM »
Oh, and I forgot that the guy with the 'cuda was the original owner, ordered it new.  I figure he figures that its going to the grave with HIM and no one else   :swear:

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2007 - 06:55:47 AM »
I know where a gold 340 73 CUda currently sits by the side of a main road. I haven't spoken with the owner directly, but was able to talk to the family that was outside one day. They said at least a dozen people a week stop by and ask about it. He keeps saying its going to storage next week according to them. I have found so many derelict cars owned by unreasonable people. I also know of an airplane type hanger that currently has about 20 cars in it including a 70 GTX, an old Hudson, an edsel, a Studebaker Goldenhawk (I think), a 65 convertible galaxie, and several others. Apparently the guy never lived on this property and only stores cars there. THe whole hillside of this place used to be covered in cars, but I think the county stepped in and made him get rid of most of them. The old lady whos house is nearby told me that she has his number somewhere and would call me when she found it. I gotta stop back by there when I get in the states.  I know of a decent 67 charger that I can pick up for $1,200 right now, but I gotta get more space first. Some of the cars me and my buddy/business partner have found are on Cars in Barns. What a sad sight to see all of that classic iron going to waste. I wish I could save them all.
Hey, some of you are from the Atlanta area right? Maybe someone remembers this: Back when I lived in the Doraville area in 1992-1995, I came across a dealership of sorts that had a ton of musclecars up front with several E bodies as well. There was probably about 50 cars out front and several hundred down in a field behind the place. Oddly, only a handful of Chebbies out front were for sale. Nothing else was.
I went back there about a month later and the place was closed and EVERYTHING was gone! I asked some guy across the street what happened and he said he thinks the guy was buying up as much mopar iron as he could and had them all shipped overseas for a huge profit. This sound familiar to anyone? Also, at the same time, on Interstate 20, east of Atlanta, there was a junk yard that had a whole bunch of restorable mopars and other muscle, but I cant remember the name of the place. I'm not sure I could find it again if I went down there.
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline bananaskin

• Myspace
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2008 - 06:38:26 PM »
Wow, loved looking through this thread, any updates??   :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger 440

Offline Chopz

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009 - 05:14:02 PM »
Ok...I stopped by took some pics and went to county assessor and got the info for the people who own the property today, tried to call and they were not home.  I'll try again later 8)   :popcorn:           

:stirpot:

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009 - 05:29:57 PM »
Looks like it might be an R/TSE?

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009 - 06:19:35 PM »
 :money: now that is a great find,,a rare challenger indeed
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

wagesofsin

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009 - 06:32:29 PM »
you get em tiger!!
and save that car!!!!!

after you actually take possesion, please slap the wee outta the guy who was wanting to let it rot!!!

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2009 - 06:38:07 PM »
 :iagree:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2009 - 10:37:59 PM »
Cool find, but you went onto someone's private property without asking?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009 - 10:44:13 PM by Devil »
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline Chopz

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2009 - 12:14:08 AM »
There is no house on the property...

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2009 - 12:24:31 AM »
Just take it then...
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!
NEXT IS MINE: purple 2010 Dodge Challenger!!!