Nice lil find find on the outskirts of town

Author Topic: Nice lil find find on the outskirts of town  (Read 32166 times)

Offline moparclown

• Resident
Re: Nice lil find find on the outskirts of town
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007 - 08:18:27 PM »
The stripe isn't supposed to be on it,but it is a triple white 70 charger by the tag.I almost went up today just to look at it,won't sell and it just breaks my heart

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007 - 07:00:27 AM »
 :screwy:  I could find a tarp in the garbage to cover that up with.  Why do people do this???  And if they do,why not sell and give the car a real chance?     Ignorance?
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2007 - 06:44:50 PM »
Jeryst - You should really follow up on what happened to the corporation that owned the property after it filed for bankruptcy. Did they liquidate their assets (sell the land and car)? Did they emerge from bankruptcy (and still own the land, but possibly not know/care about the car)?

Or at the very least, post the location of the car, or the info you have on the property owner... with a 1950s Hemi and a nice paintjob, that might be a very nice hot rod...

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007 - 07:54:06 AM »
I would definately follow up on it....with a little bit of detective work, you could end up with it in your yard.
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline DMZ73

• http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007 - 10:53:25 PM »
Not to get too far off track...but,

HAS ANYONE ever WALKED UP WITH CASH IN HAND????

money talks, BS walks. A close friend always said that if you offer someone cash in hand, they ave a hard time refusing it.

I wish I had that opportunity to be able to walk up with cash in hand.

Dan

One E body saved, 7 years and counting.

Offline Srobinson4

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007 - 06:57:23 AM »
While driving the other day I noticed a 65ish Barracuda out in a field, with a tree growing out of it, so I stopped in to take a look.  As I got up to it, I saw this beauty.  I'm going to look into who owns it, and see if he might want to sell it.  :)  Down in the trees there was the original r/t hood as well

I live in Daytona Beach, Florida long known as the home of speed.  The sad thing is, it is very difficuit to find parts, let alone project cars in my area.  What tips do you have on how to search for these projects?

SRR

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007 - 07:12:17 AM »
A nice sunday drive can usually be a great thing.Also most of what I have found was found by searching out stories,kinda like a good mystery novel.And this is a good clue to a good drive,search for areas built in the 60's and 70's(homes)

Offline moparmussel

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2007 - 04:27:19 AM »
 :grinno:go to the town office and ask to see the tax records for the property,if taxes have been paid,bingo! if not,possible town admin help. as far as cash in hand,71 big block cuda on blocks,outside, junk in and all around the yard,people live in converted chicken barn. been there 4 times with cash in hand,nope,goin to fix it up sumday. showed $5k cash,not even a look! people are strange! a small tree has dented one fender now,not even a tarp over it. :pullinghair:
74 cuda,az car. built 383,727 manual shift,reverse pattern.8th cuda project,cant get enough!

sleepychallenger

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2007 - 05:01:11 AM »
any updates?

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2007 - 01:18:34 PM »
Not to get too far off track...but,

HAS ANYONE ever WALKED UP WITH CASH IN HAND????

money talks, BS walks. A close friend always said that if you offer someone cash in hand, they ave a hard time refusing it.

I wish I had that opportunity to be able to walk up with cash in hand.

Dan

I know all too well. http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=29834.0   :crying:

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2007 - 06:06:47 PM »
if the challenger is in a field with no  house around, contact the local police, let them run the vin, may take some convincing, they will either find the owner of the poperty,then you have a contact, or, the may declare it abandoned, you MAY be able to get the vehicle that way for very little out of pocket , i have actually bought a car by haveing the police declare it abandonded, was allowed to tow it away, then had the police paper work to prove how i obtained it , then went to dmv and legaly got a title, i also had the option to obtain a title from broadway title, was a 72 amx, 360 4spd, complete car, sitting in an old storage lot for years

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2007 - 10:21:43 PM »
if the challenger is in a field with no  house around, contact the local police, let them run the vin, may take some convincing, they will either find the owner of the poperty,then you have a contact, or, the may declare it abandoned, you MAY be able to get the vehicle that way for very little out of pocket

You can only do that if the car has been sitting on someone elses property (lot, storage facility, etc), and the property owner has been unable to contact the vehicle owner, or the vehicle owner owes the property owner money for storage, repairs, etc. If the car is sitting on private property (owner of property and owner of vehicle are the same person), and you take it, that is theft, and it doesn't matter how much paper work you have, you can be sued, arrested, etc. The police would be immune, but you wouldn't. Just because I leave a car sitting in my field for 20 years doesn't give anyone the right to take it. It's legally my car.

Offline Todd DesMarais

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2007 - 12:18:01 AM »
 Really quick note. I legally aquired a 68 Fury 4 door 318 car for free, 'cause it was in wharehouse that had been siezed for non payment of taxes. once that happens, the gov'ment owns it and can dispose of it anyway they see fit. I found out about it from my Bro in law who got the bid to liquidate all the assets of said business, of which I scored quite a few nice items.

If the land has back taxes owed on it, or has been siezed by the local gov. that car is possibly a few pieces of paper away from a new home. check the local gov on property ownership and tax status, that should show a name, address of current owner if any.

Good luck  :2thumbs:  Todd
74 'Cuda                       "There's a fine line
66 Belvedere II               between a hobby
66 Satellite                    and a mental illness"
05 Ram 3500 CTD

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2007 - 09:11:10 AM »
If Chopz would ever update this thread he'd probably get some good info. We've been hanging since Nov.   :crazy:   :banghead:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2007 - 10:33:09 AM »
If Chopz would ever update this thread he'd probably get some good info. We've been hanging since Nov.   :crazy:   :banghead:

:iagree:  He's been on the forum last in Dec. 

Maybe he's too busy doing the restoration?  :dunno:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger