Nice lil find find on the outskirts of town

Author Topic: Nice lil find find on the outskirts of town  (Read 32152 times)

Offline Chopz

Re: Nice lil find find on the outskirts of town
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2009 - 02:31:40 PM »
 There were no "posted" signs,  'no hunting' signs,  'no trespassing' signs.  If you look at the pic with the barracuda in it, you can even see that the gate to the property was open.  So please just move on, there is nothing to see here!   

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2009 - 02:35:59 PM »
They're trying to help keep you out of trouble in the future...
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline Chopz

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2009 - 04:36:55 PM »
ty all for your help.  Especially Devil  :cheers:

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2009 - 06:00:20 PM »
So if you see the door to some random person's home open, do you just walk in and start looking at their TV?  The door was open though and there was no "no trespassing" signs.

Nice to see people forgo the law, "just because".

I'm done.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

wagesofsin

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2009 - 06:03:54 PM »
i walked into a house with the door open once, but someone musta been there before me, no tv, and no beer, so i left.

p.s. and no mopars.

Offline Chopz

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2009 - 07:15:38 PM »
Walking into an empty field, in the middle of nowhere...Walking into a random person's home with the door open...Yes! These two are exactly the same and now I see what you were talking about and realize that I did a terrible wrong.  Thank you.

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2009 - 09:58:02 PM »
Last thought on the subject since you're obviously going to do whatever you think is right, whether it is lawful or not.

From Merriam Webster

Main Entry: Trespass
Pronunciation: \-ˌpas also -pəs\
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French trespasser to overtake, exceed, wrong, from tres to a high degree (from Latin trans beyond) + passer to pass — more at through, pass
Date: 14th century
intransitive verb
 1 a : err, sin b : to make an unwarranted or uninvited incursion
2 : to commit a trespass; especially : to enter unlawfully upon the land of another
transitive verb
 : violate <trespass the bounds of good taste>

— tres·pass·er noun

synonyms trespass, encroach, infringe, invade mean to make inroads upon the property, territory, or rights of another. trespass implies an unwarranted or unlawful intrusion <hunters trespassing on farmland>. encroach suggests gradual or stealthy entrance upon another's territory or usurpation of another's rights or possessions <the encroaching settlers displacing the native peoples>. infringe implies an encroachment clearly violating a right or prerogative <infringing a copyright>. invade implies a hostile and injurious entry into the territory or sphere of another <accused of invading their privacy>.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2009 - 10:46:23 PM »

ah yes signs to keep out
http://www.narlo.org/images/sign.jpg
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009 - 10:48:24 PM by 72rtchallenger »
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2009 - 12:22:24 AM »
So if you see the door to some random person's home open, do you just walk in and start looking at their TV?  The door was open though and there was no "no trespassing" signs.

Nice to see people forgo the law, "just because".

I'm done.

Ryan

Mr. Ryan Devil says that he is done everybody!  (Thank you God)

But he left us with some parting logic: the door to a random persons house is open so you walk in and watch TV!

Now we can assume this is his comparative argument regarding our seeing an abandoned MOPAR and walking up to take a look at it.............  HHHHhhhmmmmm...  Walking into a strangers house vs walking onto clear, open land.
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!
NEXT IS MINE: purple 2010 Dodge Challenger!!!

Offline Devil

• Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2009 - 12:32:52 AM »
Mr. Ryan Devil says that he is done everybody!  (Thank you God)

But he left us with some parting logic: the door to a random persons house is open so you walk in and watch TV!

Now we can assume this is his comparative argument regarding our seeing an abandoned MOPAR and walking up to take a look at it.............  HHHHhhhmmmmm...  Walking into a strangers house vs walking onto clear, open land.

I guess stupidity doesn't take a break.

He said the gate was open, so he walked onto the person's private property, that's called TRESPASSING.  I used the example of when a person walks in through the open door of a someone's private residence, can you guess what that's called?  TRESPASSING.  I put the important words in all caps so it would be easy for some to read.  Since apparently they just aren't able to understand.
Ryan's Cars in Barns

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2009 - 01:20:12 AM »
I guess stupidity doesn't take a break.

He said the gate was open, so he walked onto the person's private property, that's called TRESPASSING.  I used the example of when a person walks in through the open door of a someone's private residence, can you guess what that's called?  TRESPASSING.  I put the important words in all caps so it would be easy for some to read.  Since apparently they just aren't able to understand.

Well I guess you were not DONE after all...
So Mr. Ryan Devil, in your opinion, walking into an open gate, in broad daylight, in open ground, is the same as walking through the open door of someones private residences?  I ask just to be clear...
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!

Offline Devil

• Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2009 - 02:32:06 AM »
Well I guess you were not DONE after all...
So Mr. Ryan Devil, in your opinion, walking into an open gate, in broad daylight, in open ground, is the same as walking through the open door of someones private residences?  I ask just to be clear...

Sometimes stupid questions have to be answered.

YES.  It is someone's PRIVATE PROPERTY.  You are TRESPASSING.  Just because you wanna see come cool cars in a field doesn't give you the right to go walk onto someone's privately owned property. 
Ryan's Cars in Barns

71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2009 - 02:41:35 AM »
Just let this subject die guys....jeeezzz :horse: Such a shame to see a very cool car rot away. I love luggage racks on Mopars, I find them sooo cool. I really hope the owner finally gets around to restoring it soon!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009 - 02:45:49 AM by 69bronzeT5 »
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2009 - 06:37:21 AM »
Sometimes stupid questions have to be answered.

YES.  It is someone's PRIVATE PROPERTY.  You are TRESPASSING.  Just because you wanna see come cool cars in a field doesn't give you the right to go walk onto someone's privately owned property.

Man that is a huge golf club in your neighborhood!
Ok, here's what I want you to do.  Walk into your local State Troopey's Office and ask the same question of them. Say "isn't trespassing on open ground the same as walking into someones house who's door happened to be opened?"  Either them or your local FBI office will do.

Also, try to maneuver yourself so that the conversation is heard my many Officers at once.  And can you have someone video taping for us/me?  Please?

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2009 - 09:40:53 AM »
So for the record, Joe and Chopz feel it is okay to trespass on private property?  It looks like the property owners are okay with it in this case, but it is still illegal.  It is unfortunate that the cars are sitting there rotting, but it's the owner's right to do with them whatever he wants.