Author Topic: Cuda scoop inserts  (Read 2214 times)

Offline kingtroll

Cuda scoop inserts
« on: November 22, 2006 - 05:28:01 PM »
I bought my car with the inserts cut out. I noticed that after using the car that you could feel the heat actually escaping out of the scoop holes. I wasn't too crazy about leaving them completely open because all kinds of stuff could get sucked into the engine compartment. I just finished putting metal grating into the holes and I definately like the look it gives the scoops now. Check it out. Two pics before the metal grating one close up after.
1974 Barracuda

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Cuda scoop inserts
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006 - 05:42:38 PM »
You rule!!   :cooldancing:  :woo:  :woohoo:

The opening for letting heat out is great. I have a T/A style hood on my car. Where did you get that grating? It would stop me from sucking in leaves.  :lol:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006 - 05:57:17 PM »
I went to Home Depot and bought the gutter guard grating. I then shaped and painted. The other day I found a bird feather in my filter and thought man I gotta block this up . I can't take the credit for the idea though. This link gave me the idea.

http://www.jonsteiger.com/www/barracuda/  Then click on the rally hood cutouts on the side. 
1974 Barracuda

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006 - 06:22:08 PM »
:2thumbs:   Looks great  !!!!   :2thumbs:

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006 - 08:01:21 PM »
Hey, those look like the grates on my wife's Grand-Am GT. Now I'm going to start drilling.....BTW the paint looks pretty good on that Cuda..... Sorry for the (Pontiac) on this site.......

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006 - 08:32:27 PM »
Thanks for the compliments. I took the car to pick up my son at school today and a bunch of middle school kids were taking pics with their cell phones. They were quite excited to see my car. I was surprised that the next generation likes this style of car. The future looks good for old mopars. :bigsmile: The scoops now do have a function. They are exhaust ports for the heat build up in the engine compartment. This car has never run hot on me. They certainly aren't functioning as ram air scoops but they due have a function other than cosmetic now.
1974 Barracuda

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006 - 08:40:34 PM »
Idea, Have the drivers side scoop ducted directly to the air cleaner and the other for your heat problem. Kill two birds with one stone. If I ever get another ralley hood that's what I'll do.....That's cool that the younger kids like your Cuda. Some kids by me don't even know what a Cuda is...

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006 - 05:18:26 AM »
.That's cool that the younger kids like your Cuda. Some kids by me don't even know what a Cuda is...

Take-em for a RIDE that they will NEVER FORGET!  :burnout:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!