Author Topic: Goodmark trunk panel  (Read 3560 times)

Offline farmboy70

Goodmark trunk panel
« on: November 24, 2006 - 05:11:48 PM »
I just wanted to say I got one of these today and they are very impressive. After using the old trunks for years these are far better, as are the trunk gutters.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
Re: Goodmark trunk panel
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006 - 05:55:47 PM »
Thats some awsome news to hear,I waited on buying the two piece because the vender I deal with said the one piece would be worth waiting for.WWWWWWOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOO---Bring on the new sheetmetal,my car can use it----The Clown

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006 - 06:04:28 PM »
I know what you mean, I bought the two piece because I didn't know if the one piece would be out in time. When I heard the full one was out I ordered right a way. Now I have both. I'm starting to be a believer in Goodmarks stuff. The Challenger quarters were great on my 71 and now these. To bad the full Cuda quarters aren't out yet. Price was good too.

Offline Bueller1

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006 - 06:15:14 PM »
That's great to hear! Now I'm thinking maybe I should cut out the 2 piece one I welded in,out, & putting  a 1 piece in. :clueless:They look like nice stampings.

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006 - 06:19:27 PM »
As far as the stamping ,I've seen NOS ones that are no where near as clean looking.

Offline FY1Cuda

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006 - 06:31:48 PM »
How do you get the one-piece in the trunk without cutting out the whole rear end?

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006 - 06:42:01 PM »
I know of only one way to fit it and that means removing the tailpanel.I have read somewhere someone was claiming that they could get one in without removing the tailpanel,but I dont think you can.-----The Clown

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006 - 07:34:46 PM »
Supposedly, one can get it in if they remove one of the trunk braces.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006 - 08:19:25 PM »
That's what I heard,but from my own experience(which is not a lot)I would rather pull the tailpanel than remove those supports.Plus the quarter needs to be removed and my car right now is very dependant on the quarters for a little support.And for us challenger people Goodmark is supposed to release a new 70 tailpanel.---The Clown

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006 - 08:10:52 PM »
Very cool  :thumbsup: Looks beautiful
I bought the two piece, and that's what I'm sticking with. I could not afford to remove the tail panel. I don't think my heart could take another panel removed  :faint:
You gotta be kiddin about the trunk gutter though  :22yikes: They actually make that  :woo: I'll take one please  :swaying:
Mines a mess, though it don't look it in the pic.
I've not been getting much help from Autobodyspecialties for my full quarter, so maybe I'll try Goodmark, though the shipping is going to suck for the quarter if I go that route.
Thanks for the info man. Appreciate it bigtime  :cheers:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006 - 08:35:50 PM »
I installed the trunk gutters and they fit like a glove , on trimming as good as a NOS piece.  I have to agree I would pull the tail panel , it would make a much cleaner install at the rear of the trunk. Allot more work but a better job when it is done.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006 - 08:39:03 PM by farmboy70 »

Offline FY1Cuda

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006 - 08:58:59 PM »
I really wish I knew about this about a month ago before I painted the trunk gutter.  Mine are by no means perfect after cutting out the tail panel.  Would have been easy to install the one-piece trunk with the tailpanel out, but if I did not need to cut out the tailpanel, I would certainly stick to the two-piece trunk pan.  I think it looks good, and with a bit of welding and grinding nobody will ever know it was two pieces.

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006 - 11:24:19 PM »
I really wish I knew about this about a month ago before I painted the trunk gutter.  Mine are by no means perfect after cutting out the tail panel.  Would have been easy to install the one-piece trunk with the tailpanel out, but if I did not need to cut out the tailpanel, I would certainly stick to the two-piece trunk pan.  I think it looks good, and with a bit of welding and grinding nobody will ever know it was two pieces.

True, but the two piece pans are cut EXACTLY in the middle.  Right in those dimpled valleys.  Not fun to weld in.  Not to mention the two piece ones don't exactly line up right.

At least w/the one piece, you could cut it in half, but offset a little bit to avoid the dimpled valleys.  Also, you know the two halves will go together right.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006 - 04:18:58 PM »
Were is the best place to get these for price and shipping cost?

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006 - 08:26:32 AM »
Were is the best place to get these for price and shipping cost?

:iagree: :dunno: