I think its time-

Author Topic: I think its time-  (Read 2895 times)

Offline bnorth

Re: I think its time-
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006 - 09:21:51 PM »
A Mustang, or a Stealth ??    :screwy:

Sell your Challenger..dude what have you been smokin  :smokin:

LOL  :bigsmile:

we all need to do what we gotta do but I have sold 2 Challengers and have regretted it ever since.
Just consider replacement cost and availability if you change your mind later.

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006 - 09:52:59 PM »
Can't say I haven't looked at a lot of mustangs since I sold my Cuda...I had a 93 notch back with minor modifications that would run 13:80's, got 25mpg, A/C, handled great, had a great sound and was reliable. Mind you everyone had one and they were nothing to brag about, but it was cheap fun and filled the void.   :2cents:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006 - 09:55:19 PM »
nothing to brag about, but it was cheap fun and filled the void.   :2cents:

So is a blow up doll, but that's a whole nother story.....    :roflsmiley:   :roflsmiley:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :bigsmile:   :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006 - 09:57:59 PM »
So is a blow up doll, but that's a whole nother story.....    :roflsmiley:   :roflsmiley:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :bigsmile:   :cooldancing:   

Hahahahahah,  OS that is just too funny.   :roflsmiley:   :roflsmiley:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2006 - 10:03:31 PM »
I've had mustangs and stealth turbos... but I always end up with lt1 6 speed cars for summer beaters.  Stealths are nice, but heavy and transmissions and tc's are junk!  Mustangs are ok, but being 6'4" just not comfortable to drive, but are cheap to mod.  I'm installing a rollbar in one for my cousin, setup for a big turbo :ylsuper: 

I sold my first old mopar my 69 runner, too expensive, didn't drive it enough and so on.  I bought it when I was 14 and completely rebuild it.  I wasn;t sure about selling it, but cars are cars, easily replaced and I get bored with them.  Obviously your working on a cuda, so makes the decision easier, but hard part is what to get.
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline todd383

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2006 - 05:43:39 AM »
In 2003, i bought a new mustang cobra, since then, i invested  $2400.00 into it, stock , it ran mid 12s, modded, it now runs  10.9  126 mph!!!!   and it still gets 20+ mpg.  very reliable!!!!  comfortable, and quiet. These motors are built STRONG, and can take lots of abuse. I know people pushing 1000 hp on the stock long blocks!!! You can still pick one up for a resonable price, i say less than 24,000 , its alot of car for the money.

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2006 - 08:10:32 AM »
I once owned an '87 Grand National, bought it used from the producer of the 'Price is
right' game show back in '89 with about 11M on the odometer.  I gota say it was sooooooooooooo fast bone stock!  Would fry 'em from the light with ease! Amazing what Buick got out of only 231 cubes (or 3.8 liters for you metric folks)!  I don't know anyone who would call them ugly, it looked like the car 'Darth Vader' would drive if he had a car.  The reputation of those things meant I couldn't even get people to race me!  It almost killed me twice (no lie).  My fiancee at the time didn't like it...talked me into selling it for something more 'practical'...God why did I listen to her???