Got a new toy!!

Author Topic: Got a new toy!!  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Cannibal94

Got a new toy!!
« on: November 29, 2006 - 08:22:21 AM »
Well, last saturday....I went and picked up my new truck!!  It is a 2006 SRT10 Reg cab Night Runner.  This truck is really fun!!.....until last night.  It blew up with only 381 miles on it!!!!  I was driving it around town....trying to get some "break-in" miles on it....and all of a sudden I heard a BANG followed by a lot of metal parts banging together.  What a dissapointment.  I thought I would be able to have a lot of cool pics to post on here....but it had to get towed back to the dealer and I didn't have a chance to take any pics.  Here is one of what it looks like though......

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
Re: Got a new toy!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006 - 09:16:08 AM »
I took one of those on a test drive a couple months ago.  It was a lot of fun.  I love the black chrome wheels! :2thumbs:
Hope they fix you up right! :cheers:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006 - 09:23:51 AM »

Man, that doesn't say much for the build quality.....hopefully it's not a common occurrence.
Cause I love those trucks!! You guys have it lucky up there, they're big bucks for some reason down-under.  :clueless:

One of those costs about $110,000 down here, no crap.  :faint:
That's like $70,000 USD but $110 to us is $110 to you when talking buying in our own countries.

Hope you get it sorted, looks awesome.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006 - 09:58:03 AM by NZ440R/T »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006 - 09:28:47 AM »

Man, that doesn't say much for the build quality.....hopefully it's not a common occurrence.
Cause I love those Jeeps!! You guys have it lucky up there, they're big bucks for some reason down-under.  :clueless:

One of those costs about $110,000 down here, no crap.  :faint:
That's like $70,000 USD but $110 to us is $110 to you when talking buying in our own countries.

Hope you get it sorted, looks awesome.  :cheers:

Thats a shame about your truck, man that is a nice looking!!

NZ....are you talking about the new Jeep Unlimited with 4 doors? Can't someone ship you one?

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006 - 09:31:05 AM »
NZ, is the exchange that high or just the price of the truck, man thats crazy prices.    :scared:

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006 - 09:38:44 AM »
I guess they are having trouble selling them here. Maybe because they don't get very good gas milage and really don't have much practical use.  The dealer near my work had about 8 of them on the lot and giving $12,000 off a sticker of $48,500.  That was a couple months ago.  I think they still have three or four left.  And, yes I have still been thinking about it.  The only thing holding me back is that the wife would kill me.  :bigsmile:

One of my best friends and co-worker just bought a black four door Rubicon.  It is pretty cool! This isn't a great picture but, it is a picture.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006 - 09:57:42 AM by HemiDog »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006 - 09:53:14 AM »

Dave and Kelly - the dollar is pretty good right now. I think it just comes down to supply and demand.
Check out these prices if you think I was drunk when I posted that. lol

http://www.autotrader.co.nz/desktopdefault.aspx?Nne=15&Tabid=803531&No=0&N=279+4294965958+4294965957&Ns=pCar_Price_Decimal|1||pCar_HasImage_Int32|1

Importing wouldn't be a problem however once the car gets here you then have to turn it around and spend $20,000 on a RHD conversion. Though, it still works out about $20,000 cheaper than buying one here. I haven't got the money or time to tell you the truth. Lovely cars and they always cause a few rubber necks, myself included.

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Cannibal94

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006 - 09:54:57 AM »
I guess they are having trouble selling them here. Maybe because they don't get very good gas milage and really don't have much practical use.  The dealer near my work had about 8 of them on the lot and giving $12,000 off a sticker of $48,500.  That was a couple months ago.  I think they still have three or four left.  And, yes I have still been thinking about it.  The only think holding me back is that the wife would kill me.  :bigsmile:

One of my best friends and co-worker just bought a black four door Rubicon.  It is pretty cool! This isn't a great picture but, it is a picture.

I got a great deal through my friend, who is the DC rep in this area.  A local dealer took all of the SRT trucks and vipers left in the nation and got a great deal on them, this way they could blow them out at rediculous prices.  The SRT10 Reg cabs were being sold for a little over $30,000 down from $50,000.  He hooked me up with a even better deal than that!  They had over 130 vehicles and sold them all in less than a week!!  Luckily he had my name on one before they even got here!!  And also, lucky for me, He bought one identical to mine, and it is sitting in my shop right now....so I can still get my fix by driving his while he is gone!!!  :ylsuper:

The only think holding me back is that the wife would kill me.  :bigsmile:

That is another reason I got it!!  :bigsmile:

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006 - 09:57:33 AM »
Premature engine failure on a new High performance car or truck is not uncommen. As Cannibal said the truck had over 300 miles at the time he bought it. I have heard that when these types of vehicals sit on the lot, some people will jump in for a test ride, start the cold engine and floor it. I've heard of this causing engine failure in new Vettes, and Vipers. It's up to the dealer to prevent this.
When I went to buy my Dodge Magnum SRT8, the dealer would not even let me drive it without showing them I was a serious buyer. When we went for a test drive, they started the car and made sure it was up to normal running temp before I was allowed to sit in it.
Who knows who opperated Cannibals truck before he bought it, it could have had some hard tire kicker miles put on it.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006 - 11:33:03 AM »
That thing looks friggin amazing!  Too bad it broke down, they should have ya covered.  I often wonder why more people dont like mopar when they see something like that?!?  Hopefully someday they will all be converted  :grinyes:

Offline Cannibal94

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006 - 01:56:14 PM »
When I got it, it had 44 miles on it.  I did notice that the front tires still had the little rubber nipples on it, and the back ones didn't.  Which makes be believe that someone had a little fun it it in those 44 miles.   :burnout:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006 - 03:48:52 PM »
That's a great looking truck.  :droolingbounce:

Maybe you would be better off if they dropped a slant-six in it.   :smilielol:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006 - 07:18:44 PM »
Those are awesome trucks!!!  I talked with a couple Ram SRT-10 owners last year on the way to the 'Nats.  They all had wicked modifications done to them and were running within the high 11's, low 12's. :burnout:  Too bad yours had a lemon for an engine. :eek4:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006 - 09:32:32 PM »
sounds like a fun time was had, are they rebuilding the motor or a new one , a bad title at under 400 miles would suck.
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline Cannibal94

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006 - 10:06:56 AM »
They sent it back to arrow and they are going to completely go through it.  It had a bent rod, broken valves and valve springs and metal in the oil and all throughout the motor. 

They said I should have it back no longer than a month.

We'll see if that happens!