Author Topic: Ever get tired of working on your project?  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Ever get tired of working on your project?
« on: December 01, 2006 - 01:22:20 PM »
I have so many projects

70 barracuda
74 bb challenger
72 super comp cuda 

That you just want to give up on some and just center up on one? Then can't decide which one?  I literally have hundreds of hours to do on each project. And trying to do 3 ebodies is a financial burden that will pull your pocket inside out. Plus with building engines and doing improvements to my new shop, I'm getting frustrated. I work 16 plus hrs everyday and it's just wearing me down to a nub. I actually think just having 1 car to play with would be more fun and less cumbersome.  I finally pick up a 70 rust free car and am growing tired of putting it back together. The challenger runs good with a new drivetrain, but needs some interior work, the dash pad installed, the valvebody changed and a deep pan installed. I still have a box full of front end parts to put on it too.  I know they could just set till I'm ready, but they are always setting. Driving them is fun. Insurance on everything is costly.

Are good project cars easier to sell over the winter?

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
Re: Ever get tired of working on your project?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006 - 01:45:23 PM »
Do you want to sell your 70 Cuda??  :naughty:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006 - 02:02:57 PM »
keep a good fun driver, pick one to work on when you have time, and ship the other to me...lol

seriously you could sell one to help finance the project car, and keep adriver.
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006 - 02:03:11 PM »
I know exactly what you mean and I have put my e-body to the side for awhile.I felt I needed to spend some time with my wife and kids,and I wanted to play with the 69 cuda (just drive it).I have thought about selling off all my e-body stuff and just keeping my a-body, but I really enjoy working on the challenger when time permits.-------The Clown

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006 - 02:09:22 PM »
and after lengthy time with the family he will go back to the Mopars... I just hope he makes it through the two week period- lol
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006 - 02:10:51 PM »
Seems like I get that way when it gets cold.  :dunno:  Like now!
Also happens when I get busy with work, family, and friends.  At that point I just want to stop and veg... :faint:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006 - 02:27:47 PM »
Jonathon, did you get my email telling you I shipped yesterday?  I don't need to sell any of my cars for money reasons.  I just want to start enjoying my life a bit with them. Kids are grown and gone. Wife and I have a good time every day or night after we are done with whatever were doing. I'm just at that point where I just want my super gas cuda and 1 clean driver. Working on all three is a killer.  I'm not sure if I can pass my physical to drive the cuda now as it is. So I have been wondering if it is gonna hit the national dragster adds quicker then I want. A 7 second cuda is a handfull of car.

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006 - 02:34:17 PM »
Jonathon, did you get my email telling you I shipped yesterday?  I don't need to sell any of my cars for money reasons.  I just want to start enjoying my life a bit with them. Kids are grown and gone. Wife and I have a good time every day or night after we are done with whatever were doing. I'm just at that point where I just want my super gas cuda and 1 clean driver. Working on all three is a killer.  I'm not sure if I can pass my physical to drive the cuda now as it is. So I have been wondering if it is gonna hit the national dragster adds quicker then I want. A 7 second cuda is a handfull of car.

How much for the Cuda???  :money:    :naughty:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006 - 07:52:47 PM »
moparal,walk away for awhile,like you i got burn't out too.now it's so darn cold in minnesota that i don't even feel like going out in the garage,so now i think i'll start to polish some crome and go through some box's inside and get some sort of game plan going to hit it again once i kick on the heat out there.only thing is i'l  have to do it on the weekends or take time of from work cause,can;t keep opening and closing the garage,gets to spendy.once i crank it up i'm gonna give it 8-10 hours at least.don't do nothing rash.  :poopoke: man i wish i had your problem.in that i mean to many cars.  :roflsmiley:   
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006 - 08:48:11 PM »
I went back outside and worked for a few more hrs. I was going to take the challenger out for a spin and then remembered that i had repainted the tail panel and left the rear bumper off. A friend of mine has a new one he is selling me, so I didn't put it back on. I did get the under the dash wireing installed, and put the gas pedal back in and the 6pk throttle cable. Then I started sorting out things in the shipping boxes that came with the car. So inside cleaning up parts now where it's warm. I need to install the new dashpad on the challenger, but then again I have to twist my old body around in ouch positions, so I'm stalling on that.

Offline 6pkrunner

• Evil Monkey in Runner
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006 - 08:18:23 AM »
I have all my projects to the point of where I need coins to move any of them along further. That is the bad part for me. I've been stalled for a few years now. Getting the kids through post secondary education and keeping them going takes all disposible income.
 But I follow the carrot that they will eventually finish and move on, then I can restart. Worst part is if you go out and look at a project that is in stasis and wish it to be finished. That will suck the enthusiasm right out of you.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006 - 12:07:56 PM »
Well, another day, so out to the shop I go. Today I have to lightly sand down the grill in the 70 barracuda and repaint it. Install the sun visors, rear view mirror, And start lining the panels up for final paint.  I also have to change the breakin oil on the 74 challenger 440 sometime today. That will be the funner part of my day.

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006 - 12:17:05 PM »
Well, another day, so out to the shop I go. Today I have to lightly sand down the grill in the 70 barracuda and repaint it. Install the sun visors, rear view mirror, And start lining the panels up for final paint.  I also have to change the breakin oil on the 74 challenger 440 sometime today. That will be the funner part of my day.

Well Moparal, at least you are out there doing stuff.   :thumbsup:   The Beast needs me to be out there doing  :blah:   :blah:   :blah:    but I'm sitting in front the tube watching the Ga-Tech----Wake Forest football game....    :violin:   The Beast will be there after while.......    :ylsuper:    :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006 - 04:37:35 PM »
2 anniversaries coming up 4 me and the chally, received it on 12/20 fully restored, died on 1/10;  been reworking the entire car correctly now.

Sorta depressing, estimated completion; of course by Power Tour end of May hopefully

One shop mechanic & me on Saturdays mostly

May pull engine out Saturday 12/9 do some weld work for Heim Bolt for steering shaft, and clutch then reinstall to complete

with other work 2 notebook pages full of To Do's :working: :bricks1: :banghead: :horse:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

daves70

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006 - 04:43:17 PM »
Don't get too down on your projects. (I know, easier said than done) Take it one day at a time. Eventually it will all come together. :grinyes: