Author Topic: Fiberglass front bumper on a `72 cuda-painted standard style or rubber look?  (Read 5083 times)

Offline FY1Cuda

Re: Fiberglass front bumper on a `72 cuda-painted standard style or rubber look?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006 - 01:10:57 AM »
Travis, did those bumpers have a good fit right out of the box, or is the fit a little off?  I've got an A22 front and rear elastomeric bumper car, but those things are freaking pricey, and didn't know before seeing this that anyone made bumpers that resemble the way the elastomerics wrap around the fenders.  Weighing my options here.

Offline Travis72

Re: Fiberglass front bumper on a `72 cuda-painted standard style or rubber look?
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006 - 12:25:20 AM »
I thought it fit pretty good, but then I don't know how well the stock rubber bumpers fit.  I didn't do any modifications to the fiberglass bumper.  I'll also caveat this with the fact that my front fenders aren't that great... they have a lot of body filler in them, but it still seemed to fit fine other than the passenger side didn't tuck as tight as the drivers side.  :dunno:  I doubt I'll mess with it before painting.  The one plus side is the AAR fiberglass bumper is cheap.

Anyway I took a couple of the pictures I had and zoomed in on just the corners.  See if these help.

Travis

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006 - 09:01:53 AM »
That's a nice fit! It's going to look sweet1 :2thumbs:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda