Global Warm-Cooling Whatever

Author Topic: Global Warm-Cooling Whatever  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
Global Warm-Cooling Whatever
« on: December 08, 2006 - 12:14:39 PM »
Interesting article.

http://denisdutton.com/cooling_world.htm

Just curious on what most folks think.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
Re: Global Warm-Cooling Whatever
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006 - 12:51:06 PM »
I think it has gotten damn cold here in Maryland over the past few days after a nice 70 degree stretch...

I WANT GLOBAL WARMING BACK!!!!!!

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006 - 02:10:49 PM »
I think it just proves one thing:----they ain't got a clue what's going on....................    :dunno:    :cooldancing: 
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006 - 09:30:06 PM »
 :iagree: with OS oce again!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

cudahob

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006 - 04:44:00 AM »
Total BS

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006 - 08:58:53 AM »
The earth goes thru warming and cooling cycles continously. The fear mongers love to use this stuff to push thier agendas.

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006 - 09:05:46 AM »
The article is right about one thing.  The worlds food supply would be wiped out in a real global cooling climate..   Global warming is a good thing but it's very unrealistic to think Mankind has much to do with it either way.  One volcano could change the whole balance of things in a day

Just remember, YOU are the target of the Globalwarmest.  They want to take away your Muscle cars, Trucks, SUVs, powerplants and even livestock!!  (or just collect more taxes for them)

These idiots are trying to make you think that statistics piled up over 10 or 40 or even 500 years can show you weather patterns in the future. The Earth is over 4 billion years old and nobody knows what's next. Remember when they told us 2006 would be the worst hurricane season ever?

Carl Sagan said it best.

There are many hypotheses in science which are wrong. That's perfectly all right; they're the aperture to finding out what's right. Science is a self-correcting process. To be accepted, new ideas must survive the most rigorous standards of evidence and scrutiny
 I don't think Algore qualifies for rigorous standards

Twentyfive years from now it will be some new disaster they will be warning about.... I can't wait

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006 - 09:08:35 AM »

Twentyfive years from now it will be some new disaster they will be warning about.... I can't wait

I only hope I'm still here to see it for myself......    :roflsmiley:   :smilielol:   :bigsmile:   :cooldancing: 

By then I will be "Oldestschool"
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006 - 09:56:29 AM »
I was a little kid in school 30 years ago, and can remember the fears of the time were that another ice age was taking place, and that polution and overpopulation were going to destroy the world unless we did something drastic about it right away.  We were told places like India were going to be plagued by mass starvation.  Here 30 years later India has a booming economy, and although there is problems with starvation in some areas of the world, it seems like when you study history there has always been some places in the world where hunger is a crisis.  The population of the world has increased a lot in the last 30 years, but I doubt that the percentage of the world's population suffering from hunger has increased in that time.  Hopefully I will survive another 30 years, and if I do, I strongly suspect todays talk about global warming will be largely forgotten, replaced by some other man- made crisis that the chicken littles of the day out there will be trying to make us feel guilty about.
That is the "inconvenient truth"......
For a good alternate perspective on the subject of global warming, a good read is Michael Crichton's "State of Fear" published in 2004.  In this novel he tells the story of a group of people who are using the global warming issue for their own gain, conspiring to distort data and even to create disasters in the world that they can attribute to global warming.  Crichton uses a lot of actual data and charts in the book that disputes the data that those who champion the case of global warming are using. 

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006 - 06:58:45 PM »
I was a little kid in school 30 years ago, and can remember the fears of the time were that another ice age was taking place

:iagree: I remember seeing pictures of the first Earth Day "celebrations" and people were holding up signs that said that the next ice age was coming. That was 1974, so apparently we have completely reversed the global climate trend in the last 32 years.

There are many hypotheses in science which are wrong. That's perfectly all right; they're the aperture to finding out what's right. Science is a self-correcting process. To be accepted, new ideas must survive the most rigorous standards of evidence and scrutiny

The global warming theory hasn't been held to any rigorous standards of evidence or scrutiny. In fact, it's been just the obvious. I've heard "scientists" say that they don't know if they're right, but we have to act now in case they are right. This is science?

Twentyfive years from now it will be some new disaster they will be warning about

Remember 10 years ago Ted Danson saying that the oceans would be gone in 10 years if we didn't act right then?

To paraphrase Dennis Miller: So the world's average temperature is about 1 degree higher today than it was 100 years ago...100 years ago people were going to the bathroom outside. Forgive me if I don't trust the temperature measuring devices of 100 years ago.

And this from Stanford:  Scientists, including Ken Caldeira of the Carnegie Institution’s Department of Global Ecology, have found that the Earth’s global warming, 55 million years ago, may have resulted from the climate’s high sensitivity to a long-term release of carbon. This finding contradicts the position held by many climate-change skeptics that the Earth system is resilient to such emissions. The work, led by Mark Pagani of Yale University, is published in the December 8, 2006, issue of Science magazine.

For some years scientists have known that an ancient global warming event, called the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM) beginning about 55 million years ago, was caused by a massive release of carbon. The geologic record shows that the ensuing greenhouse effect heated the planet by about 9° F (5° C), on average, in less than 10,000 years. The temperature increase lasted 170,000 years and caused profound changes to the world’s rainfall patterns, made the oceans acidic, and affected oceanic and terrestrial plant and animal life, including spawning the rise of our modern primate ancestors. But understanding just how much carbon was responsible for the temperature increase and where it came from remains elusive.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006 - 05:08:52 AM »
"These idiots are trying to make you think that statistics piled up over 10 or 40 or even 500 years can show you weather patterns in the future. The Earth is over 4 billion years old and nobody knows what's next."

:iagree: Should we try and make our world cleaner-yes,but we don`t need to run out in the streets and start screaming that all cars and industries producing emissions need to be stopped immediatly or we are all going to die.  :faint:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline charger1970

• Hi, I'm Doug.
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006 - 09:42:28 AM »
Isn't the computer technology forecasting global warming the same computer technology that forecasted Y2K? ::)
1970 Charger 500
2005 Ram Daytona
1989 Dakota Sport convertible

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006 - 10:29:51 AM »
The issue isn't whether or not climate change is occurring or whether temperatures are rising or dropping.  The issue is whether (humans) we are causing it/contributing to it.  To think that we can influence whether is not only egotistical, it's absurd.  Why don't I see any Dr. Evil-types threatening the world with spraying thousands of cans of aerosol hairspray into the atmosphere if their demands aren't meet?  And, if we're cleaner now than we've ever been, why didn't this phenomenon occur 100 years ago?  Just follow the money.  Many so-called scientists are being paid tons of money by anti-capitalists to concoct these idiotic schemes and the news media is too lazy/incompetent to do their own research, they're more than happy to repeat what they're told.  It's a scam, pure and simple.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006 - 03:06:36 PM »
The issue isn't whether or not climate change is occurring or whether temperatures are rising or dropping.  The issue is whether (humans) we are causing it/contributing to it.  To think that we can influence weather is not only egotistical, it's absurd. 
Mike

:iagree: I've always been of the opinion that mother earth is pretty good at healing herself, and to think that our actions could have a major impact on this ecosystem is, as Mike said, pretty egotistical!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda